GNR Played Surprise Gig Tonight in NYC!

bandita

WOW! I am fucking speechless...it's about time we had GNR play like a band again. I love seeing Bumble up there playing the acoustic set. So fucking cool. This is the kind of shit Axl couldn't do with Buckethead, the fucker is just too weird. I think Axl is having the best time of his life in NYC and we, as a city, can expect to see him a lot more.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!!!

What a great way to start the day.. :D

This sounds amazing,Axl is an smart man.. rock3

Rosario Dawson is so lucky.. <_<

Those pics are so cool,it really looks like they were very tight. :wub: (awesome)

Oh,they played I used Love Her..I can imagen that :rolleyes:

that is fucking crazy, she one luck lady. I still find it really funny that their still in NY, i now their doing warmup gigs, but mabey hes their for another reason too. Mabey they are prepaired a offical statement that will gives a offical date of when Chi Dem will be comming out and also mabey premaire a Single and a MV their too. Just some ideas, but once again she is one luck person and mabey she's a big fan of GnR and thats why he did it?

Edited by Mister_Smiley

HEY HEY HEY, WOW..wait a minute.. Axl had an argue with Brain?!?!?!??! What was that thing about? And Brain wasn't with the rest of the band yesterday.. :(

He fucked up the start of nightrain and Axl stopped it all and made him start again....

Yes, and that is because it is being recorded to be released as a DVD, I know that now for a fact (no, I am not going to post sources). So for Axl to pick the best version of Nightrain for the DVD, Brain had to start over playing it without noticable mistakes....small mistakes will noone notice but the first time he started Nightrain he just screwed up the beats in a very noticable way.

And for the Bday, a drumkit is too loud for that kind of setting.

holy shit!!??!!??! like where did that come from? secret appearences??? all accustic set??? amazing simply amazing. only 1 band could pull that off!!! the man is back! does anybody know how his voice was??? when u play accustic, its almost impossible to hide ur voice of have it changed up by the soundbooth!!! well im sure it was the most bad ass show of all the new york shows due to how close everybody was with the band!!! lets get some bootlegs up soon though!!!

HEY HEY HEY, WOW..wait a minute.. Axl had an argue with Brain?!?!?!??! What was that thing about? And Brain wasn't with the rest of the band yesterday.. :(

He fucked up the start of nightrain and Axl stopped it all and made him start again....

Yes, and that is because it is being recorded to be released as a DVD, I know that now for a fact (no, I am not going to post sources). So for Axl to pick the best version of Nightrain for the DVD, Brain had to start over playing it without noticable mistakes....small mistakes will noone notice but the first time he started Nightrain he just screwed up the beats in a very noticable way.

And for the Bday, a drumkit is too loud for that kind of setting.

Well, the ONLY version of Nightrain that features Kid Rock is the one where Brain messed up the beginning at the last hammerstein show, he might have wanted this one for the DVD....He said something to the effect of WE REHEARSED THIS! and then they did the opening twice after it was messed up before he began to sing......

Christ! These are priceless times.

I would expect this show to sound better than the warmup gigs since acoustic shows usually allow singers to relax more without having to move around or sing over distorted guitars.

Also, check out Axl's killer style these days! He looks hella cool! :shades:

Axl looks like he is really enjoying his music, its like after all this time and all the hard work he has put into his music and his own personal battles and his mental health he is really back on top of his game.

Not that i ever doubted Axl, i knew he would turn the music world upside down and if this is any judge only 4 concerts and 1 acoustic performance we are gonna be in for a treat. I cant wait for the massive stadium shows or the massive out door events.

Remember people, they have over 25 songs, 3 cds of new material. plus all the old material. Im sure he will fase out most of the old songs as the CD comes out and then more and more new tracks will be played. Plus Axl looks like he has made peace with Izzy, Possibly Slash, Possibly Matt, who knows about duff but if Axl is happy then we are very lucky.

Rock N roll,, GNR are back

holy shit!!??!!??! like where did that come from? secret appearences??? all accustic set??? amazing simply amazing. only 1 band could pull that off!!! the man is back! does anybody know how his voice was??? when u play accustic, its almost impossible to hide ur voice of have it changed up by the soundbooth!!! well im sure it was the most bad ass show of all the new york shows due to how close everybody was with the band!!! lets get some bootlegs up soon though!!!

He sounded great. Totally amazing. I was actually shocked at how good he sounded... he did it as a kareokee sing-along and had a telepromter with the words behind him so everyone else would sing too. He warned the crowd about singing I.R.S. though because the lyrics were different than written...

Guest RonMexico82

Hey Axl it is my birthday December 24th why not drop by my house with the lads for a session. Bring yer own beer, plenty of college sluts there to provide oral pleasure too. I get first pick though cos I'm the birthday boy. :P

PS: Tommy Hillhooray for tolerance&#33; isn't invited so don't worry.

WOW...OMFG...

I just look at this thread and pics and hope I dont wake up..

This is out of this world!

This last week's been a hell of a ride, and this just tops it.

If some kind of audio from this gig comes out I dunno what I will do...or wont do LOL.

And I'm gonna see the new guys the 28 of June..seen them back in 89, 91, and 93, but I am really looking forward to see them this time. It is something about this new "energy" that I just DIG!

GN'R is BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a nice weekend guys and gals, I know I will rock1

Fucking brilliant move!!

Axl's using his head...

This is such a great time to be a Guns N' Roses fan :xmasssanta:

UK SUBS.

Yah, great move. Putting on a show for a mostly pretentious crowd that are not even GNR fans. I am still working on getting this audio. The problem is that I am not friends with this guy whom was there. But he knows I am a huge GNR fan because I am always playing GNR. I know for a fact he shot some video on his Nokia camera phone, not too ention the pictures he took. But so did many others. When I get the pics I will be sending them to a few on this forum who will host them.

Guest RonMexico82

Yeah I bet there was at least one person who pointed at Axl before they played and said to someone else - "Oh lookeeee Rosario got a reggae band for her birthday!"