Help needed to stop ticket tout filth exploiting GnR fans on Ebay.

GnRlover1987

Hi all,

I'm in the UK and have tried all morning to get GnR tickets for their Hammersmith Apollo gig on 7 June, but as usual the f**king ticket touts have bought all the tickets. Now they are all appearing on Ebay for 3 or 4 times their face value. These f**kers aren't fans, they just see an opportunity to make money out of GnR lovers.

So.... I want to ask for some help in 'pissing on their parade'.

I've created a fake Ebay ID and started bidding on all the tickets, but alone I won't do much damage. I need the help of some other like minded GnR fans who think it's wrong that people like this make real fans pay stupid prices or miss out. PLEASE HELP!!

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll...le=guns+n+roses

I know how you feel mate - i couldnt get tickets to see VR when they did there first gig in Manchester.

I sent a complaint to the Apollo in Manchester as i explained that the internet was flooded by overpriced tickets - they just said they couldnt realy do much about it but they might release some more tickets - which they didnt!

Ended up having to pay nearly 4 times the ticket value to buy em off ebay. but at least i got tickets.

Luckely I got my GN'R tickets on pre-sale.

Good luck everyone trying to get tickets.

Jaysgnr

Cheers mate, I hope you enjoy it.

I just can't afford the £200 plus at moment so am gonna have to miss it unfortunately. Although I've seen the original GnR line up twice, once at Wembley and once at Milton Keynes Bowl, plus VR at Brixton so I shouldn't be complaining too much!

It just really pissed me off that people can get away with doing this and us genuine fans miss out. I wish they'd make touting illegal and save us all some cash.

im all up for doing this, i, like yourself spent over two hours on my WORK phone this morning only to find that when i did get through, the tickets were sold out, i went straight to ebay and the cheapest tickets i could find had a 'buy it now' price of £195, the original price was £37 , this takes the fucking piss, something needs to be done and i really hope enough people read this thread and act on it.

I SAY FUCK EBAY AND FUCK THE TOUTS, THEY SHOULD ALL HAVE THEIR BALLS/TITS HACKED OFF WITH A BLUNT INSRUMENT WHILST BEING MADE TO LISTEN TO A BRITNEY FUCKING SPEARS RECORD !

Hi all,

I'm in the UK and have tried all morning to get GnR tickets for their Hammersmith Apollo gig on 7 June, but as usual the f**king ticket touts have bought all the tickets. Now they are all appearing on Ebay for 3 or 4 times their face value. These f**kers aren't fans, they just see an opportunity to make money out of GnR lovers.

So.... I want to ask for some help in 'pissing on their parade'.

I've created a fake Ebay ID and started bidding on all the tickets, but alone I won't do much damage. I need the help of some other like minded GnR fans who think it's wrong that people like this make real fans pay stupid prices or miss out. PLEASE HELP!!

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll...le=guns+n+roses

You're not hurting the seller. You're just making the price higher for fans who are willing to pay a lot of money to see their favorite band.

EDIT: You can always just report it to ebay, and if they feel the seller is scalping, they will remove it.

Edited by luvaxl4ever

Ebay has not that long ago, embraced ticket reselling, there isn't a thing you can do. Its the nature of the beast...

Yeah eBay are prob happy to have tickets sold at stupid prices as they take a fair percentage of every sale.

They take a set fee based on the initial price, i don't think it matters what they actually sell for, just what they started at.

Ebay has not that long ago, embraced ticket reselling, there isn't a thing you can do. Its the nature of the beast...

Yeah eBay are prob happy to have tickets sold at stupid prices as they take a fair percentage of every sale.

They take a set fee based on the initial price, i don't think it matters what they actually sell for, just what they started at.

There is also a final value fee, so they also take a percentage of the amount the item sold for.

they're not doin anything illegal so whats ur problem? if u cant afford it then u can't afford it, hey, such is life! i dont think it was ALL touts blockin up the line all that time y'know, they got their shit on pre-order.

I tried contacting Ebay first but they aren't interested. Like someone else said, they want their share of the profit and couldn't give a f**k how to get it. Ebay are corporate scum.

As for hurting those by pushing up the price I disagree, I've already won 5 sets of tickets - I will keep stringing them along and then post negative feedback to screw their precious Ebay accounts. So no fans will get hurt.

Also if any of you guys can spread the word we could show the world that GnR fans don’t take it lying down! After all that’s what GnR is about – great music and a f**king spirit of rebellion, a never say die attitude.

F**K EM ALL FOR BEING GREEDY, THEY DESERVE ALL THEY GET!!

Edited by GnRlover1987

they're not doin anything illegal so whats ur problem? if u cant afford it then u can't afford it, hey, such is life! i dont think it was ALL touts blockin up the line all that time y'know, they got their shit on pre-order.

Marina, my problem is it's unethical and holds fans to ransom. These people are making money from literally nothing - is that fair? The government in UK are discussing banning touting all together and making it illegal, but in the mean time while it is legal I will do my best to stop them and make their lives miserable.

Ripping people off is a f**king shity thing to do. People should stand up and fight back!

ethical? the next bit might sound rude but i ASSURE u, its not supposed to, but can u do me a favour. walk outside ur door, into the nearest town go for a walk thru n just observe. its like every other place on earth, extremely unethical. ticket touting is enterprise, something free democratic countries hold as an important value. i do truly understand what u mean n how it's fucked up but...such is life. that said, if u believe in the principle, fuck yeah, stand up for it :)

I tried contacting Ebay first but they aren't interested. Like someone else said, they want their share of the profit and couldn't give a f**k how to get it. Ebay are corporate scum.

As for hurting those by pushing up the price I disagree, I've already won 5 sets of tickets - I will keep stringing them along and then post negative feedback to screw their precious Ebay accounts. So no fans will get hurt.

Also if any of you guys can spread the word we could show the world that GnR fans don’t take it lying down! After all that’s what GnR is about – great music and a f**king spirit of rebellion, a never say die attitude.

F**K EM ALL FOR BEING GREEDY, THEY DESERVE ALL THEY GET!!

THen all you are doing is screwing other fans out of getting tickets who are willling to pay the ebay prices.

You don't want to pay the prices fine, but if other people choose to pay it, that's not your problem. Not that I condone scalping, but its up to the individual person if they decide to bid on overpriced tickets.

Marina, my problem is it's unethical and holds fans to ransom. These people are making money from literally nothing - is that fair? The government in UK are discussing banning touting all together and making it illegal, but in the mean time while it is legal I will do my best to stop them and make their lives miserable.

Ripping people off is a f**king shity thing to do. People should stand up and fight back!

If its still legal, then you are definitely in the wrong. You don't have the right to screw up someone's auction just because you don't want to pay their prices.

Edited by luvaxl4ever

I am really sorry, but i havent got any other chance than buying my ticket on ebay...

They are selling 2 tix though, so i wonder if there´s anyone interested in sharing and buying together...

pay pal or we can meet at the day of the concert,

till then

I applaud doing this.

Every time he wins an auction and doesn't pay it costs the scalper time and money, plus negative feedback and the hassle of having to try and get the money and then relisting.

If you make life harder for the scalpers maybe they will start doing it less.

Good luck to you sir

To everyone trying to screw over eBay touts, PLEASE READ THIS ADVICE. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY YOU'LL GET REAL ACTION FROM TICKETMASTER BECAUSE EBAY WONT DO ANYTHING

What you need to do to screw the touts over is ask for the block, row and seat numbers. Say it's "to see where the tickets are in the row". Once you have these, email Ticketmaster with these details:

• a link to the guys listing
  • quote the block number
  • quote the row
  • quote the Seat numbers

If he's uncertain about giving out the seat numbers, just make up some bullshit and act VERY keen. They're greedy and they will give in and give you the info.

Ticketmaster aren't going to bother doing this sleuthing so you'll have to do it yourselves, and give them the evidence so they'll cancel his order. Trust me

Of course... this info is useless if he's selling standing tickets... but hey, it's something!

ethical? the next bit might sound rude but i ASSURE u, its not supposed to, but can u do me a favour. walk outside ur door, into the nearest town go for a walk thru n just observe. its like every other place on earth, extremely unethical. ticket touting is enterprise, something free democratic countries hold as an important value. i do truly understand what u mean n how it's fucked up but...such is life. that said, if u believe in the principle, fuck yeah, stand up for it :)

So you admit it's unethical but can't see what's wrong with it? 'ticket touting is enterprise'...hmmm, have to disagree there! Inventing or producing goods is enterprise. This is more like going and buying every single item in a shop and then selling them outside for double the price - it's a scam.

"such is life" - yes, if nobody challenges the status quo. If more people stood up and said 'no that's not right', it wouldn't be able to happen would it?

i'll see if i can help. i got the fucker who was selling one of the hammerstein shows on cd removed. the listings are no longer in the database, and the seller got banned.

Edited by bent-axl

i'll see if i can help. i got the fucker who was selling one of the hammerstein shows on cd removed. the listings are no longer in the database, and the seller got banned.

Cool dude, all help is much appreciated!

Ps - My answer to all who try and defend touting - think about what the bands would think of it. I am sure they don't like the idea of greedy little f**kers making money off the back of their talent and hard work.

Touts are leaches, pure and simple.

If you win somebodys auction and do not pay, once the seller informs ebay they will contacts the next highest bidder and ask if he/she still wants the item, they will however have to pay the price they set as their max bid. Which means the fan ends up paying more.

I got my ticket on presale but some friends might have to buy off ebay, this is if the price drops a bit nearer the time.

If you win somebodys auction and do not pay, once the seller informs ebay they will contacts the next highest bidder and ask if he/she still wants the item, they will however have to pay the price they set as their max bid. Which means the fan ends up paying more.

I got my ticket on presale but some friends might have to buy off ebay, this is if the price drops a bit nearer the time.

Maybe, but I doubt it as I'm putting negative feedback on their accounts saying the tickets sold are fake, that way no one will take the chance with them after this! Touts only exist because fans are desperate to see their favourite bands and will pay any price, so we as fans have a responsibility to not purchase and give these people a source either.

A company in the UK was closed down recently by the high court because they were purchasing tickets and professionally touting effectively by re-selling the tickets at extortionate prices. The high court ruled that they were exploiting fans passion and ripping people of - they were forced into liquidation. This is why the UK has an Office of Fair Trading. You cannot simply set up rip-off businesses in the UK, which is how it should be. Now the government are talking about targeting the individuals who are also ripping people off, in the mean time though we have a responsibility to make these peoples lives difficult by f**king them about and wasting their time!