Help needed to stop ticket tout filth exploiting GnR fans on Ebay.

GnRlover1987

Just thought I'd update, there are still loads of these shitheads selling tickets. Also I've started getting the touts to give me a name and address to send payment on premise that I have no paypal. Once I've got enough addresses I'll post them on a website - a hall of shame for greedy f**kers.

I still need a few more people to help out as I can't bid on all of them! I'm messing quite a few around already (good fun to know they are wasting their time, greedy bastards).

It's really easy to sign up for a fake ebay account, takes about 5 mins.

Just thought I'd update, there are still loads of these shitheads selling tickets. Also I've started getting the touts to give me a name and address to send payment on premise that I have no paypal. Once I've got enough addresses I'll post them on a website - a hall of shame for greedy f**kers.

I still need a few more people to help out as I can't bid on all of them! I'm messing quite a few around already (good fun to know they are wasting their time, greedy bastards).

It's really easy to sign up for a fake ebay account, takes about 5 mins.

Ha! Good job.. Especially the Website idea ^_^

i carnt belive people are sticking up for these touts?

if they arnt stoped soon then this will keep happerning every show/gig.

Its like reading and leeds festival, Sold out in half a hour, and that is a piss take as there is space for 1000s of people. Luckly i got my ticket but loads of people dident. i looked on ebay and there was well over 1000 tickets on sale all for 100s more than the original price. Its not fair and needs to be stopped.

keep up the good work

Thanks for the support guys. I thought the website idea might shame these people into stopping their behaviour!!

Jack, I can't believe some people can't see where this is going either. Touting is just holding people to ransom. They don't provide anything of worth or value, they're just cheap thieves taking a slice of pie that don't belong to them.

Can't you report it to eBay?

And Ebay will do fook all, I'm with the author of this thread, fook them the lot of them I hate ticket touts, I would not mind if they got hold of them in a legit way, but these fookers have got their hands on around 25 or so tickets, how the fook did they manage that if they are like gold dust and so fooking difficult to get hold of.

It stinks but if they have the means to get the tickets in a shady way then we have the right to fook them over and make it as difficult as possible to get them sold.

I tried to get tickets to see the Rolling Stones play a small club in Utrecht a couple of years ago, the fooking thing was sold out before the tickets went on sale.

It is really P*****g me off becasue they are only doing this and Donnington and it was 4 years since they have done LONDON stupid touts :anger::anger::anger:

Creating websites of ticket touts?? fake ebay accounts?? what the fuck is wrong with you people? are you really that bored?? have you no life?? or is there nothing on TV right now?? if you all had tickets for London you wouldn't creating this pathetic fuss.

This is jealousy at it height! You had your chances to get the tickets and you missed it! i emailed everyone i could to tell them presale tickets were on sale 2 days early on the Wednesday for Hammersmith... Shit Happens!

Grassing people up won't get you into the concert!

This makes GNR fans look like a bunch off geeks arguing over Dungeons and Dragons in the playground or fuckin Star Trek episodes!

Ticket touts have been around for the last century and posting advice on how to catch them its stupid as fuck cos i'm sure half of them check forums like this to find people looking for tickets! Also Ticketmaster limited this concert to 2 tickets per household the majority of these sellers on ebay probably were not big GNR fans probably bought their tickets saw how much others sold for on ebay and then thought "fuck this i'll do that" look at the auctions no one is there with like 100s of tickets for sale its like 1 to 4 max per seller.

With regards to London and Donnington being the only UK dates well i've been told there is a big chance Wembly Arena may be on the cards as well as some other UK dates in July, so just chill the fuck out people!! Once its definate you guys will be the first to know! ;)

Edited by G2R_AXL

I agree, this is just stupid! I also hate touts, but if I want to go to a gig badly enough I'll pay the price for it!

By outbidding people you are stopping fans from seeing their fave band JUST cos it p**ses you off that you're not going!

Also not all of them are touts, some nice people have spares when some people have pulled out etc.

I agree, this is just stupid! I also hate touts, but if I want to go to a gig badly enough I'll pay the price for it!

By outbidding people you are stopping fans from seeing their fave band JUST cos it p**ses you off that you're not going!

Also not all of them are touts, some nice people have spares when some people have pulled out etc.

Exactly. Much as I don't like scalping, no one is holding a gun to anyone's head to pay the prices. Unfortunately, once tix are sold out, ebay is the only way many people will get to see their favorite band and the topic starter is robbing them of that chance.

You obivisley know very little on the tout state at the moment then the people sticking up for them,

Touts use several differnt credit cards iv seen touts selling up to 20 tickets for the same venue.! fair? i think not.

Giving gnr fans a bad name. Point proven you know nothing, look at other music websites, reading and leeds ect people all over the counrty going to differnt events be it GNR , mettalica whatever they all sell out to touts who buy 10+ tickets then stick them on ebay becauses they know its easy money. They need to fuck off and get a real job.

I dont mind if people were to buy the limet like say 4 per house hould they buy that 4 and put 1 or 2 on ebay fair anuff. But buying several tickets using differnt cards,address its got to stop.

Read up on it next time you start realling shit off.

You obivisley know very little on the tout state at the moment then the people sticking up for them,

Touts use several differnt credit cards iv seen touts selling up to 20 tickets for the same venue.! fair? i think not.

Giving gnr fans a bad name. Point proven you know nothing, look at other music websites, reading and leeds ect people all over the counrty going to differnt events be it GNR , mettalica whatever they all sell out to touts who buy 10+ tickets then stick them on ebay becauses they know its easy money. They need to fuck off and get a real job.

I dont mind if people were to buy the limet like say 4 per house hould they buy that 4 and put 1 or 2 on ebay fair anuff. But buying several tickets using differnt cards,address its got to stop.

I know thats what touts do! i couldn't give a fuck on tout state i know it exists i don't approve of buying like 20 tickets just to make cash! but shit happens! And we live in a dog eat dog world man when tickets go on sale you gotta be quick to get em! You can go on with your crusade to try and change something that has gona on for years but some of us have a life and don't wanna listen to people whining on this part of the forum which is mean't to be about GUNS N ROSES - DISCUSSION & NEWS not a bunch of losers moaning cos they couldn't get a ticket for a GNR show!

Edited by G2R_AXL

I know thats what touts do! i couldn't give a fuck on tout state i know it exists i don't approve of buying like 20 tickets just to make cash! but shit happens! And we live in a dog eat dog world man when tickets go on sale you gotta be quick to get em! You can go on with your crusade to try and change something that has gona on for years but some of us have a life and don't wanna listen to people whining on this part of the forum which is mean't to be about GUNS N ROSES - DISCUSSION & NEWS not a bunch of losers moaning cos they couldn't get a ticket for a GNR show!

Come on now g2r - you cant blame people for getting upset!

Im lucky enough to have a ticket but if i didnt id be just as angre as these guys are! - i know cuz i couldnt get tickets to VR and had to use ebay!

These fans just feel hard done by and you cant blame them at all!

We cant all be friends with GNR members like yourself - some of these fans just want to be part of an amazing upcoming gig!!

Iv said it once and ill say it again - goodluck getting tickets cause most of the fans on this forum desirve tickets!!!

I can't believe anyone would stand up for a fucking tout - they are the next thing to thiefs. These bastards are too lazy to get a real job. They are not entreupeneurs, it is the most unimaginitive way to rip off the public. They do not pay tax and a lot of them are on the dole or claiming benifits.

It's like walking into a shop and there's only one of what you need on the shelf, then some scummy chav fuckhead dressed in Burberry and Hilfiger jumps in front of you cos he know's you want it, buys it then tries to sell it on to you for double the price. That wouldn't be right.. if someone did that to me I'd tell him to go fuck himself.

Most people understand the difference between right and wrong - I reckon the touts are wrong and the right thing to do is to wreck the touting business, after all they are wrecking the music business. If we don't make a stand, the next time a special gig comes up most of us will not stand a chance of going unless we earn enough money to feed these scabs.

I will not buy a ticket from a tout and I support anyone who will put these wankers out of a job, maybe then they will contribute to society by actually doing a harddays work and not leaching.

Hi all,

I'm in the UK and have tried all morning to get GnR tickets for their Hammersmith Apollo gig on 7 June, but as usual the f**king ticket touts have bought all the tickets. Now they are all appearing on Ebay for 3 or 4 times their face value. These f**kers aren't fans, they just see an opportunity to make money out of GnR lovers.

So.... I want to ask for some help in 'pissing on their parade'.

I've created a fake Ebay ID and started bidding on all the tickets, but alone I won't do much damage. I need the help of some other like minded GnR fans who think it's wrong that people like this make real fans pay stupid prices or miss out. PLEASE HELP!!

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll...le=guns+n+roses

didn't bother reading the whole thread but I can't do anything but laugh at your own stupidity. You are making it much much worse by doing what you're doing. The only one doing anything wrong here is you yourself. If someone has a ticket to put on ebay now all they'll see is your fake bids and think wow, these are going for this much? I better raise my price. So good job ya dumbass.

didn't bother reading the whole thread but I can't do anything but laugh at your own stupidity. You are making it much much worse by doing what you're doing. The only one doing anything wrong here is you yourself. If someone has a ticket to put on ebay now all they'll see is your fake bids and think wow, these are going for this much? I better raise my price. So good job ya dumbass

You got that wrong.

If you put a £10,000 bid in nobody in their right mind would outbid it. This sort of bid would be done in the dying seconds and would ruin the auction.

I don't think anyone would seriously try to ruin an auction with a series of £5 bids. :rofl-lol:

Edited by Humbucker

Exactly. Much as I don't like scalping, no one is holding a gun to anyone's head to pay the prices.

I disagree completely, can't you see that by buying up all the available tickets the touts are holding people to ransom? They are 'holding a gun to your head' if you are desperate to see the gig, they know people will pay rip off inflated prices. But by people f**king up their auctions they'll be force to sell their tickets for less. This will be a winning situation for real fans.

didn't bother reading the whole thread...

What a surprise! If you didn't read the thread then why are you commenting? Do a bit of touting yourself? Why don't you go back and read the thread, then you might understand why it is working and worth doing.

You are making it much much worse by doing what you're doing. The only one doing anything wrong here is you yourself. If someone has a ticket to put on ebay now all they'll see is your fake bids and think wow, these are going for this much? I better raise my price. So good job ya dumbass.

Wrong again shit for brains. You put a huge maximum bid in seconds before the end and then you are guaranteed to win. Then you spend the next few days f**king the little prick around and messing with their shitty plans. Then you post negative feedback and put people off using them. Then you create another account and start all over again! Eventually the touts will run out of time to sell and have to sell their tickets cheap. Plus negative feedback f**ks up their accounts long term.

Ps - If it goes some way to encourage people to stop touting then it's not wasted time. Also if it pisses off cretinous people like you then it's got to be good!

GnrLover i support you 100% man. I'm in Washington DC and i'm not even a huge fan of new gnr, but i love the old stuff, so thats why im here (nothing personal against Axl, i just wish he would change the name of the band, you know? If it was anything but Guns N Roses, i would be a fan. Maybe something like "Roses" or i dunno.. It's just not guns n roses.) But anyways, I cant believe some people are complaining about what you're doing. I bet you those are either people who were able to get tickets, or people who dont have a show near them. They dont know what it's like yet to be waiting years to finally see your favorite band and then have your chance be ruined by ticket scalpers..

And some person actually said "Ticket scalping has been going on since the dawn of music, deal with it." What a stupid thing to say. Did Abraham Lincoln say "well slavery has been going on for 200 years, we'll just deal with it." Or did Martin Luther King say "well we've been discriminated againsts since the 1600's, let's just deal with it." haha not at all, they stood up and decided to make a change. It's awesome that you're willing to do it.

And i wouldn't trust the artists to do it. I read an article about artists (this one was about Madonna) who was getting back at scalpers by making auctions. Pretty much, auctions are jsut ways to drive the price up, but on ticketmaster instead of Ebay or other online ticket reselling places.

So my hat's off to you. Do you need a credit card to make a new ebay account?

Rock on

-Shoe