What was the first song you liked?

Marita

i was downloading some music and found this song that i thought sounded familiar.. and after listening through it a few times I remembered that my mom were playing it to my when i was around 3-4 years old... (i remember the age cause i lived alone with my mother till the age of 4 ..) so that was the first song i remember to have liked... Gary moore - still got the blues... it's a beautiful song :heart: so, do any of you remember/know the first song you liked?????

Yami-Story

When I was little I liked the Beatles song my brother played. Then I got into video game music, then into Avril Lavigne, and then into Linkin Park. I was no older than 11, so please don't hit me.

I discovered Velvet Revolver, and I told my brother, "It's Guns N' Roses with Stone Temple Pilots". I liked Stone Temple Pilots, but had no idea of who Guns N' Roses were. So my brother gave me some records. I remember I was 'scared' at how huge were Welcome To The Jungle and It's So Easy. These were real, strong compositions, unlike the other crap I listened to.

So I gave up on Guns N' Roses, though something kept pulling me back. I kept listening to them and checking reviews, trying to find out why were there so huge. I had Appetite and UYI 2, btw. While reading the UYI reviews, I heard a lot of talk about Estranged. So I listened to it, and it was no use. That night I went to sleep with my discman, still listening to Estranged, forcing myself to like it. It kept going, and I fell asleep during You Could Be Mine. But when Don't Cry started playing, I was hooked.

So then I listened to the full discs, and Guns N' Roses ended up being one of my favourite bands. It still is. My life took a huge turn when I listened to my Beatles disc, when Strawberry Fields Forever started playing, I couldn't believe it, and I listened to it about 40 times. That was when I discovered classic rock.

This happened around November the 4th, 2004, btw...

around the day you joined mygnr? :P

Yamisonic

OH MY GOD

Group: Members

Warn: (10%)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aah, the memories

Guest Jack_the_ripper

hmm I'm not sure, but the very first song I liked, as far as I can remember was step by step by the new kids on the block.

I then discovered better music.

Led Zeppelin - Tangerine

A few years ago, my brother decided to show me Led Zeppelin. He started off with Led Zeppelin III, and the first song he played was "Tangerine" :heart: The second after the song was finished, I felt sort of the feeling you feel when you're in love, it was almost orgasmic. It's probably my favourite song of all time, and it's impossible for me to get tired with.

Edited by Lithium

Well I dont know about the first song but one of the first is Paradise city afaik.. My mom likes to remind how I used to wear a bandana and think my self as Axl when GN'R concerts/music videos came from tv. I was something like 2 years old back then (1990) rock3

My dad and my older cousin tell me that when I was really little (4-5 years old) I liked Judas Priest. I only have very vague reminiscences of that. The first songs I remember liking are Meat Loaf's "I Would Do Anything For Love" - I remember I used to be fascinated by the video - and Sting's "Fields Of Gold". I still like both songs a lot.

Portuguese fans, I wanna hear your voice. Don't you remember "Não Sou O Único" by Xutos & Pontapés? Boy, it was the first song I really liked. I memorized the lyrics in an instant, but I lost the album where it was. It was more than 10 years after that I heard the song again. Yet, I was amazed that I still knew the rythm and the lyrics so well.

Guest Sweet_Emotion

whigfield "saturday night" or spice girls "wannabe". they're such a kick ass band! i loved them and still love them with all my heart! :)