Anyone else think California fucked Axl up?

Kaneda

I keep seeing Axl having the time of his life in NYC and I can't help but speculate that this city has been good for him and encouraged him to get out and do this tour. I think California absolutely sucks and the people out there are fake and the vibe blows. New York City is so much more grounded and authentic and I think Axl needed that. He needed to go out and have fun in a real city. In California everyone you meet is so oportunitistic, they just tell you what you want to hear because they think you are going to do something for them. In NYC, nobody gives a shit about anybody else, they don't care who you are or better yet, who you think you are, they just want you to shut up and get the job done. I think the energy that NYC exudes was what Axl needed and by his constant praising of this city, I think his days of be a recluse in the hills of California are over! Notice how it isn't LA he is rewarding, it's NYC. Fuck yeah!

It seems like that.The people at the rabio staion in N.Y same very friendly and warm towards Axl. I dont think that's Axl hold reason for being there in N.Y.I dont know what LA like i've never been there.So i cant say anything about there.

do u KNOW New York? there aint a party town like it, it'll fuck u up just as bad, possibly worse than L.A, in L.A. in the right place around the right people u can recharge ur batteries, new york MORE fucked up! notoriously so. all stories of rock stars in new york have them leaving their for L.A. cuz it'll be better for them. granted, L.A. has its fair share of places to get fucked up in but it dont hold a candle to NY in that respect.

do u KNOW New York? there aint a party town like it, it'll fuck u up just as bad, possibly worse than L.A, in L.A. in the right place around the right people u can recharge ur batteries, new york MORE fucked up! notoriously so. all stories of rock stars in new york have them leaving their for L.A. cuz it'll be better for them. granted, L.A. has its fair share of places to get fucked up in but it dont hold a candle to NY in that respect.
I've been too NY a lot.If what you said is true about NY.Why the fuck does Axl same happy there.He must be.He's been there since Feb.

LA is a wierd place, you stay too long and it starts to get to you! I guess alot of it is to with the history of the old band. When people think of Sunset Strip, they think of all those bands that emerged in the late 80s, by far the biggest of them was Guns n' Roses. LA is tainted ground, there is too much history and i think Axl realises that he cant erase the old bands achievments. NY on the other hand is a perfect place for this new band to start out, it just makes sense. There isnt so much history on the East Coast, and i dont really recall any other band stiring up so much publicity for the place....... apart from the usual indie (will save the musical world "cough"... Strokes, Walkmen etc "cough" gone in 12 months) crap. This band is a whole other level.

New York rocks, i love the place........... Be interesting to see how it all goes down in London.

Jonx

I've been too NY a lot.If what you said is true about NY.Why the fuck does Axl same happy there.He must be.He's been there since Feb.

its only May u know. its been three months. plus he's a lot older n smarter guy now. i was assuming u meant LA fucked him up as in all in all, from since he's been there n u meant it mighta been better if he'd been in New York all that time, he's not really exposed to the same element as an older guy that he was as a younger, relatively more naive dude.

ISNT MUCH HISTORY??? OHMISWEET LORD!!!!!!!

New York Dolls

Ramones

Patti Smith

Johnny Thunders

Richard Hell

Billy Idol

Maxs Kansas City

Radio City Music Hall

just about all the great jazz musicians EVER!!!

the velvet underground

im sooooo amazed u said that, they're just not occuring to me right now im so shell-shocked LOL shit, i think im having a seizure :)

NYC is THE place. Hip Hop was born and flourished there, NY has less history? dude, it has a shitload more than L.A. musically speaking by FAR!!

Edited by marina

its only May u know. its been three months. plus he's a lot older n smarter guy now. i was assuming u meant LA fucked him up as in all in all, from since he's been there n u meant it mighta been better if he'd been in New York all that time, he's not really exposed to the same element as an older guy that he was as a younger, relatively more naive dude.

That's what i meant. True Axl's older and wiser now.And i dont think Axl's naive now. So far Axl's doing good in NY.And he seems happy.I hope that keeps up for him.

I'm not sure to be honest. I've been to California 5 times and I've always loved it but I do agree. It is completely materialistic. I've never been to NYC so my comparison ends there but I think the people of New York have been that accepting of Axl that he now has more confidence in himself to go out there and get it done.

This acoustic gig last night just shows the confidence the band now have. They once again have that vibe of being untouchable. What other band could turn up at a small club and captivate the audience with an acoustic set. You've seen the pictures, they are at Axl's mercy, he raises his hands and they do it too. :D

Europe better watch out!

That's what i meant. True Axl's older and wiser now.And i dont think Axl's naive now. So far Axl's doing good in NY.And he seems happy.I hope that keeps up for him.

agree :)

New York Dolls

Ramones

Patti Smith

Johnny Thunders

Richard Hell

Billy Idol

Maxs Kansas City

Radio City Music Hall

the velvet underground

im sooooo amazed u said that, they're just not occuring to me right now im so shell-shocked LOL shit, i think im having a seizure :)

NYC is THE place. Hip Hop was born and flourished there, NY has less history? dude, it has a shitload more than L.A. musically speaking by FAR!!

And what about fucking KISS??

I keep seeing Axl having the time of his life in NYC and I can't help but speculate that this city has been good for him and encouraged him to get out and do this tour. I think California absolutely sucks and the people out there are fake and the vibe blows. New York City is so much more grounded and authentic and I think Axl needed that. He needed to go out and have fun in a real city. In California everyone you meet is so oportunitistic, they just tell you what you want to hear because they think you are going to do something for them. In NYC, nobody gives a shit about anybody else, they don't care who you are or better yet, who you think you are, they just want you to shut up and get the job done. I think the energy that NYC exudes was what Axl needed and by his constant praising of this city, I think his days of be a recluse in the hills of California are over! Notice how it isn't LA he is rewarding, it's NYC. Fuck yeah!

Hey - it's NYC baby.

The best city in the world. B)

New York Dolls

Ramones

Patti Smith

Johnny Thunders

Richard Hell

Billy Idol

Maxs Kansas City

Radio City Music Hall

the velvet underground

Mayble that person doesnt like KISS.

New York Dolls

Ramones

Patti Smith

Johnny Thunders

Richard Hell

Billy Idol

Maxs Kansas City

Radio City Music Hall

the velvet underground

ur right, i dont, but that doesnt mean they didnt deserve mention, like i said, they werent occuring to me at the time, sorry LOL

Hey - it's NYC baby.

Ha, tell me that once you've been to Kirkcaldy :rofl-lol:

Inside Scoop - It's the shitehole town I live in. Still rules though B)

Hey - it's NYC baby.

Ha, tell me that once you've been to Kirkcaldy :rofl-lol:

Inside Scoop - It's the shitehole town I live in. Still rules though B)

I can confirm this as i reside there - its the arsehole of the world - but we will fuck you up :)

I live in So California and to an extent I agree. I'm assuming you've been here from your post. Where do you go when you came here?

Does it seem possible Axl had fun while he wasn't in the public eye in California? Most people that have a brain have a good time no matter where they go and who they decide to spend their time with, it isn't always about location. You can find assholes anywhere or you can find cool people anywhere.

Ya and I guess the Big House he has in California looking over the ocean sucks <_<

California is the shit! Nothing like it, but maybe the guy wanted something different, but we all know L.A. is GNR home town.

california may be GNR's home town but Lafayette is Axl's hometown. maybe he needs to go back to the begining to get back to who he really is. A small town boy living in the big city. It always helps me to go backhome sometimes.

New York Dolls

Ramones

Patti Smith

Johnny Thunders

Richard Hell

Billy Idol

Maxs Kansas City

Radio City Music Hall

the velvet underground

ur right, i dont, but that doesnt mean they didnt deserve mention, like i said, they werent occuring to me at the time, sorry LOL

Great thoughts Kaneda. You are definitely on to something there. Axl may be wise to make his home in NY.

I've lived and I'm moving back to LA. I love it out there, the streets in LA are fucking COLD!

I believe it's nothing like the glad 80ies... still LA ppl are really just a bunch of shallow hopefull idiots. If you learn to live with it, it doesn't bother you in the long run. Just makes you stronger and gives you an upper hand. NYC I know nothing about. But in LA you can find the friendliest asshole there is. :)