Izzy visited Steven Adler for possible re-union?

paulkwalton

Quote from interview with Adam Bomb (Toured with Adlers Appetite) on Metal Sludge, take is you will:

I was fed up with struggling to keep the tour together while Adler decided to

work against me. The spanish promoter via sms told me not to go to Spain

because “this is Adler’s tour, not yours” so I dropped everything. Adler in

Spain did 2 gigs out of 12 and cancelled the tour.

Funnily enough, Izzy Stradlin [*read note below] called me the same day the

tour ended. We spoke for 2 hours. He wanted to come to Portugal to jam with us.

To me he was more interested in checking, on behalf of Axl Rose, Steven’s real

conditions for an eventual Guns N'Roses reunion. I told Izzy that I had to

leave the tour because Adler was out of control and probably he wasn’t able to

reach Portugal.

pfffft. I can't believe this made the 'news' section. I mean c'mon, Izzy send to check out Adler? Steven is realy a has been, mr can't-handle-his-drumssticks-anymore. You realy believe that report? haha Cut the reunion crap already! :lol: I can't believe people STILL start reunion topics to-date. It annoys the FUCK out of me. *big fucking sigh*

:blink:

I sort of agree.

This is just too much to believe. We have to accept :

- Axl wants anything to do with Adler

- Axl is interested in scrapping YEARS of work for a reuinion with people he has not even spoken to in forever

- Sends Izzy as his ambassdor

- Izzy, of all people, is interested in a reunion

Doesn't pass the smell test, this one.

To me he was more interested in checking, on behalf of Axl Rose, Steven’s real

conditions for an eventual Guns N'Roses reunion.

Izzy joining Axl on stage was the first step.

Now he'll go back to the other guys and tell them it wasn't so bad to work with Axl again!

It's coming, I can FEEL it! B)

I sort of agree.

This is just too much to believe. We have to accept :

- Axl wants anything to do with Adler

- Axl is interested in scrapping YEARS of work for a reuinion with people he has not even spoken to in forever

- Sends Izzy as his ambassdor

- Izzy, of all people, is interested in a reunion

Doesn't pass the smell test, this one.

I agree.

It says "eventual" reunion.

I'm thinking Axl might be planning on doing this whole Chinese Democracy thing.. touring the album with the new band.. And then eventually, maybe in a couple years, reuniting the band and touring with them.

Far fetched? Maybe. It just makes the most sense because where there's smoke, there's fire. And there's been lots of smoke so far, and very little fire.

i doubt many people care if adler is involved in the reunion as he is a washed up junkie. i doubt he could really play straight so he'd throw the whole thing off. not that i really want matt for a reunion either though...

It says "eventual" reunion.

I'm thinking Axl might be planning on doing this whole Chinese Democracy thing.. touring the album with the new band.. And then eventually, maybe in a couple years, reuniting the band and touring with them.

Far fetched? Maybe. It just makes the most sense because where there's smoke, there's fire. And there's been lots of smoke so far, and very little fire.

Well, as any causal student of the media and public opinion knows, where there's smoke there is fire...or a smoke-making machine. :lol:

Oh come on!

Axl is clearly enjoying being on the road with the 'New Guns' (quote from Axl so that phrase is now allowed). Like D-GenerationX said, he would be scrapping years of hard work for a reunion with guys he barely knows anymore.

'My former friends' - Axl Rose, January 2001.

I want 'Chinese Democracy' first and after that has closure I'd like to think about a reunion of the original line-up.

Oh come on!

Axl is clearly enjoying being on the road with the 'New Guns' (quote from Axl so that phrase is now allowed). Like D-GenerationX said, he would be scrapping years of hard work for a reunion with guys he barely knows anymore.

'My former friends' - Axl Rose, January 2001.

I want 'Chinese Democracy' first and after that has closure I'd like to think about a reunion of the original line-up.

That's pretty much exactly what the semi-realistic people here are talking about.

BTW... I think those guys will never be strangers to one another. And Axl has pretty much dropped the animosity he had regarding the old band back in the 01/02 days. As soon as they hit the stage or the studio together, the chemistry (or lack thereof, perhaps) that produced all that great music will be right back.

Edited by davhern

metal sludge eh? :rolleyes:

i'd prefer not to know how close we were to a reunion, just makes me sad :(

Yeah,i'm agree with you.. :(

I prefer not think about it..I'm finally getting use to this new line-up.. :rolleyes:

I don't want to believe in a reunion anymore.. :no:

Great news!

I'm really enjoying the complicity between Axl and Izzy...

Izzy's appearance is undoubtedly a sign that something changed in Axl's mind about his old friends.

REUNION, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!! rock1

(Be happy because you may soon see GNR, the one and only)

We must go into this very carefully.

And for those who had a doubt : Steven Adler is GREAT! :shades:

It will be interesting to see if Duff hangs around 'Download' after playing with AIC to check Axl's band. It's really Slash and Duff who are still to reconnect with Axl what with the lawsuits and everything. Plus Duff is the only one who hasn't spoken to Axl in years if you believe the Slash turning up at Axl's story which I don't. Duff is also really easygoing and I could see him and Axl being friends again.

pfffft. I can't believe this made the 'news' section. I mean c'mon, Izzy send to check out Adler? Steven is realy a has been, mr can't-handle-his-drumssticks-anymore. You realy believe that report? haha Cut the reunion crap already! :lol: I can't believe people STILL start reunion topics to-date. It annoys the FUCK out of me. *big fucking sigh*

:blink:

I couldn't agree more with everything you said

Axl sent Izzy to check on Steven??? :rofl-lol:

Izzy is not Axl's secretary

And this so called news come from Metal Sludge

:sleeper: