better version of 16 sec "check mate"

Frozen Inferno

OK the leak is 16 sec because that's what was played on Razz Radio. the "DJ" for that station said that was all he got and that he got it from a guy who wanted it played on the internet. He said the transmission of the song to him got gut off. He was supposed to help Merck catch the leaker, but then, I think, Merck screwed him somehow, he got pissed, and played that and two jazzed up versions of TWAT and IRS, which seem like the same thing we've heard before but with a few bells and whistles added. So, according to the "leaker" it wasn't intentional that it's only 16 sec.

It's absolutely Axl.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh shit this song is very promising..........can't anyone figure the lyrics out?

All cautions made

Every chance was given

No effort spared

To save what we had

All in good...

-----

what Eschman said makes me wonder. is Checkmate really the name, or is it just a 'code name' of sorts. perhaps RazZ has the upperhand over Merck or something to that effect, and by calling the song 'Checkmate' in a way, is saying that RazZ has won.

i dunno, it just popped into my head.

Edited by mynameisjonas

its legit man, thats axl's voice.. i dont think that will be the album version though, remember all the new leaks we have been given are demo's

just wait till they are mastered. even re-recorded.. though this new song sounds a hell of alot promising. i like it.. the riff reminds me from the appetite era.

its legit man, thats axl's voice.. i dont think that will be the album version though, remember all the new leaks we have been given are demo's

just wait till they are mastered. even re-recorded.. though this new song sounds a hell of alot promising. i like it.. the riff reminds me from the appetite era.

yeah i like it alot! i have a feeling this song will be really good!.

Sounds like some kinda Metallica Load-era thing or something... talkin' bout the music. The vocals and way of singing are amazing, as always.

I fucking love 2006!!! This is the best time in years for all of us fans of this fantastic band!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That song rocks! just type check mate into youtube that worked for me.

rock4

Yeah sounded okay. Theres a nice diversity of the new songs so far. 'checkmate' is more of a rocker, along with IRS, Better is heavy and agressive, whilst there was a time, the blues are ballads. Not sure how to describe madagascar.

but the album sounds promising.

rock2

..pls PM me..for this version...

..thx in advance...

same thing here please..any1? :) I really want to listen to that.

BTW, 4 days till WE see GN'R here in Madrid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rock2 rock3 rock1

will take pics n vids so u can see

cheers and thx in advance!

It sounds fuckin' awesome if you ask me. Can't wait to hear the rest! Anyway this was leaked earlier on Here Today... Gone To Hell. Apparently this is the studio version of 'There Was A Time'. It's only 19 seconds of the intro. It has the new intro that was played in New York City.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...998AAB03F0557C7

EDIT: Forgot to mention. It's fuckin' awesome!

Edited by W. Axl Kev