HOOBASTANK cover "Civil War"

BleedingMonk

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, it sucks. I'll tell you why. As soon as I heard him sing the "my hands are tied" part and realized he's singing it like the rest of the song, it ruined it. Axl sings in two different voices in the real song, and thats what MAKES THAT SONG. There is tremendous passion that comes through the song when he sings the parts that are higher.

J

Ok, but he isnt Axl Rose.

When someone covers a song, they dont have to sing it exactly the same way as the original.

It was a good to listen to an acoustic version of civil war.

I liked it.

HAHAH.

I liked how the guitarist kept looking at the chords he was playing as he changed from the E to the G.

yeah me too that was hilarious. They really suck. they have like 2 or 3 radio friendly songs on their albums and they sell millions with that. The vocalist is horrible. Its a disgrace.

They are huge GNR fans though.

Ok, but he isnt Axl Rose.

When someone covers a song, they dont have to sing it exactly the same way as the original.

It was a good to listen to an acoustic version of civil war.

I liked it.

I know.... BUT, the parts where Axl sings "my hands are tied" and "I don't need your civil war" are what makes the song. It would be different had they tried to cover a song like Yesterdays or something where Axl sings in the same tone and voice throughtout the entire song, but when you choose a song like Civil War, you better be able to wail in the parts that need it.

Jordan

Pretty good. It's stripped down so it showcases how good the songwritinb actually is. I've noticed that Civil War is kind of an underground G n' R classic. I've found that alot of people who aren't really Guns fans always seem to like this song. Thanks for the link.

hmm.

i was expecting a lot worse.

this was actually pretty fine.

too bad ive grown to hate them because of that stupid reason song being played everywhere i walked for that while.

but that was pretty good

I second that entire post!

well, i was not impressed at all. the singer really hurt the song. i cant really point it out, but the vocals just didnt fit. this cover also goes to show that modern guitarists cant fuckin play for shit. seriously, he played the intro too fuckin fast, but thats nothing compared to how bad he fucked up the interlude/solo sections. first of all, he was plaing on the wrong fuckin strings. there isnt anything wrong with that, as long as it sounds right.....but it didnt. there were sections where he just hit the same string 10 fuckin times and it sounded like shit. then, there is NO FUCKIN SOLO. Civil War is one of those songs that could have a fucking great acustic solo, and they totally ignor it. why?, its not because they were lazy, its because they have no fuckin talent just like every other modern band. its sad that all you need to do to be famous is be able to play a power chord. its shitty things like that that make me a GNR fan.