HOOBASTANK cover "Civil War"

BleedingMonk

They dont deserve to cover this song.

reasoning

1. The kind of music they make.......that pop rock crap...."the reason"...your fucking kidding me.

2. you should only cover a song if your gonna do it justice I.E. GnR's Live and Let Die & Knockin on heavens door, whoever did that cover of "in the air tonight" i think it was non point and so on.

It wasnt a good cover....but it wasnt a bad cover. I just dont like hoobastank...and dont think they deserve to do it.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. you should only cover a song if your gonna do it justice I.E. GnR's Live and Let Die & Knockin on heavens door, whoever did that cover of "in the air tonight" i think it was non point and so on.

Just a GN'R fan could say that; I know a lot of Bob Dylan fans (in fact most of them) who think Guns N'Roses butchered the song KOHD...

Heh... 5 minutes before even seeing this thread, I was playing this song better than this on my acoustic. That's pretty sad.

As for the cover... When you cover a song, you're supposed to make it your own. Sort of the way Live did with the Johnny Cash song. Otherwise, you're basically being a tribute band.

As Carlos said, there are tons of Dylan fans who say GnR's KOHD is terrible. Same goes for LALD...

Personally, I think both of those versions are far better than the originals. But maybe I'm biased ;).

I quite like hoobastank, however being a big gnr fan and a huge Civil War fan I just don't feel they did it any justice. When he sings "my hands are tied" like the other guys have been saying, he just loses it, Axl puts so much energy into those 4 words the song just explodes, even in live performances Axl really pushed that bit, and the lead singer also has no presense what so ever, I assume its meant to be in that style but its so drab and boring. Sorry but GnR may be able to cover other peoples songs but people just aren't meant to cover GnR songs. Civil War is a masterpiece that shouldn't be touched.

Interesting cover.

It wasn't bad, but he doesn't have much vocal range and can't seem to hold the notes.

Guess it makes you appreciate Axl's vocal range and emotional energy when he sings it.

I thought it was pretty good. Normally, I don't like cover versions, but they did a pretty good job with it. I know that some of the obsessives won't like anyone covering a GN'R song but this is one of the better GN'R covers I've heard.

anything beats Linkin Park's Sweet Child O' Mine abomination.

It's not awful, but still, Hoobastank sucks always because of that Reason song. They will burn in hell forever for it, and all the Gnr covers in the world can't help them now.