The Brian Jonestown Massacre

atom heart mother

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

I am familiar with The Brian Jonestown Massacre, mostly because of their intriguing name. An employee at the cafe I sing at every week has one of their albums. Not sure if I've heard it.

• 2 weeks later...
I am familiar with The Brian Jonestown Massacre, mostly because of their intriguing name. An employee at the cafe I sing at every week has one of their albums. Not sure if I've heard it.

you should get yourself a copy of "Tepid Pepperment Wonderland: A Retrospective"

38 mindblowing tracks. Essential stuff.

• 3 years later...
I am bumping an old thread here but I have to say I just encountered this band from the movie Dig! recently that covered the degression of The Brian Jonestown Massacre and progression of the Dandy Warhols, and random club fights.

The documentary was really sad/fun to watch, as the Dandy Warhols had the most interesting characters. Anton Newcombe seemed to be the most passionate musician out there along with the tambourine virtuoso Joel. It's sad to me because I never really heard about them until the era waned.

The documentary was really wild but the underlying music was nice to discover, and I've been buying their music recently.

This is the kind of band that makes me want to write/play music more than just sit there and listen/talk of it.

Here's a sample of one their lesser popular songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9Ey5mOSOS8

I've seen DIG.

at first you want to feel sorry anton, but by the end you realize that he's just another crackhead.