some promising news from fortus

Budweiser

late last year I send fortus and email jsut to see if he would reply - and he finally did. this is what he had to say.

From: 4tus@richardfortusonline.com [4tus@richardfortusonline.com]

Sent: Sun 5/21/2006 7:45 PM

To: [xxxxxxxxx]

Cc:

Subject: RE:

> -------- Original Message --------

> Subject:

> From: [xxxxxxxxxxxxx]

> Date: Mon, October 03, 2005 8:37 pm

> To: <4tus@richardfortusonline.com>

>

>hey man - first i just want to tell you how huge of a guns fan i am and how i think its cool as shit that you can be a part of it. i was just curious - whats it like working with gnr. and i ask that cause i know youve been a part of so many other bands and artists, just lending them a helping hand, etc. i know you cant go into much detail, and i can definitly respect that - so on more of a compartive basis, how is it? i can only imagine you must be anxious as shit to hear the finished product - god only knows i am!!

>

> keep rockin

>

> [budweiser]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks Rich,

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply. To answer your question, There is

nobody i'd rather work with than dizzy, axl, tommy, brain and Robin. I

think that they are each the best that exists. They are my dream band.

If i could put a band together of anyone in the world, they would be it.

Might seem like bullshit, but it's true. Hope to see you soon,

richard

Its great to hear them talk about eachother like that - BUT, I now have one question..... There is no mention of bumblefoot - Could this be supporting the rumours that hes not an actual member of the band??? what do you guys think?

late last year I send fortus and email jsut to see if he would reply - and he finally did. this is what he had to say.

From: 4tus@richardfortusonline.com [4tus@richardfortusonline.com]

Sent: Sun 5/21/2006 7:45 PM

To: [xxxxxxxxx]

Cc:

Subject: RE:

> -------- Original Message --------

> Subject:

> From: [xxxxxxxxxxxxx]

> Date: Mon, October 03, 2005 8:37 pm

> To: <4tus@richardfortusonline.com>

>

>hey man - first i just want to tell you how huge of a guns fan i am and how i think its cool as shit that you can be a part of it. i was just curious - whats it like working with gnr. and i ask that cause i know youve been a part of so many other bands and artists, just lending them a helping hand, etc. i know you cant go into much detail, and i can definitly respect that - so on more of a compartive basis, how is it? i can only imagine you must be anxious as shit to hear the finished product - god only knows i am!!

>

> keep rockin

>

> [budweiser]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks Rich,

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply. To answer your question, There is

nobody i'd rather work with than dizzy, axl, tommy, brain and Robin. I

think that they are each the best that exists. They are my dream band.

If i could put a band together of anyone in the world, they would be it.

Might seem like bullshit, but it's true. Hope to see you soon,

richard

Its great to hear them talk about eachother like that - BUT, I now have one question..... There is no mention of bumblefoot - Could this be supporting the rumours that hes not an actual member of the band??? what do you guys think?

This is cool...very nice of him to reply.

There is also no mention of Pittman.

Bumblefoot is not the new guitarist. Axl has a huge conspiracy going currently. The real new guitarist is actually none other than Izzy Stradlin himself. His 5/17 appearance was just a hint, but the conspiracy will be unveiled on the first gig of the Euro tour.

Ahh, a guy can dream though...

I think the fans will accept Ron better than they accepted Buckethead. I dont think I know yet which one is more talented because I'm much more familiar with Buckethead's work. But I wouldn't shortchange Ron, he is definitely talented.

Without a doubt - Im pretty familiar with some of the stuff Ron has done, and had prior knowlesge of his talent before i saw him on the 17th - But i got to be hoenst... during his solo between songs... it was garbage. i was very unimpressed.. and so was just about everyone there - youd think he would have showcased his talents a lot more than he did considering the fact htat hes got to prove to alot of peopel that hes up to par.. you know? anyone else hear his solo... what were your thoughts?

I think the fans will accept Ron better than they accepted Buckethead. I dont think I know yet which one is more talented because I'm much more familiar with Buckethead's work. But I wouldn't shortchange Ron, he is definitely talented.

I agree. I had trouble accepting Buckethead myself.

What was weird was that I thought he was a freak and I wasn't all that sorry to see him go...until I heard the leaks and then wanted him back. :lol:

Still though, hardly a dealbreaker. And just based on what I have heard from the NYC shows, I'm satisfied.

Without a doubt - Im pretty familiar with some of the stuff Ron has done, and had prior knowlesge of his talent before i saw him on the 17th - But i got to be hoenst... during his solo between songs... it was garbage. i was very unimpressed.. and so was just about everyone there - youd think he would have showcased his talents a lot more than he did considering the fact htat hes got to prove to alot of peopel that hes up to par.. you know? anyone else hear his solo... what were your thoughts?

I agree - i thought his solo was crap - also,i barely noticed him all night long - he seemed to hide away in the shadows........

I agree - i thought his solo was crap - also,i barely noticed him all night long - he seemed to hide away in the shadows........

I think Ron was a bit overwhelmed the first night - the 12th - which is understandable in the beginning and may be why he stuck to the side of the stage for most of the night. However, I thought he started moving around the stage much more during the subsequent shows, and I think he'll continue to gel with the band as he gets more comfortable doing shows with them.

I agree that his guitar solos need a lot of work. He just didn't choose ones that allowed his talent to really shine through. Hopefully, he'll change that over time as well.

Personally, I like the guy and think he could really fit in if given the time.

Hopefully Rons as good as Bucket...I say that cause He hasnt had that much time to prove himself, I hope He just Picked the Wrong Type of Solos to do.

I'm not sure if Bumblefoot will be given the time to prooove anything.........if he is temporary in GnR maybe he will last a short time...have u niticed, in GnR even permanent guitar players are not permanent....... :rolleyes:

ron isn't temporary, he will be in it for the long run, he has told me that himself.

Umm.......Sorry dude, he's told several other people "we'll see how it goes", or something to that effect. ;)

I kinda like the dude though. I hope he sticks it out!