What 13 songs do you think will be on the album?

shotdowninflames

Axl has said there will be 13 songs on the first album this fall. Just interested to see what fans think should be on the disc. With the Use Your Illusion project, the band put all the previously released material (Civil War, Knockin On Heaven's Door & You Could Be Mine) on the 2nd disc. UYI I was nothing but new stuff.

Do you think the first "Chinese Democracy" should be 13 brand new, previously unheard tunes or will the leaked demos and new songs we've heard performed live since 2001 be featured? I'm guessing finished, studio versions will be featured. Since even though many loyal GnR fans have heard "Chinese Democracy," "The Blues," "Madagascar," "IRS," "There Was A Time," "Catcher In The Rye" and "Better" repeatadly the general public has not.

Here's my guesstimate on a running order:

1. Chinese Democracy

2. Better

3. The Blues

4. Seven

5. I.R.S.

6. Oklahoma

7. This I Love

8. The General

9. Thyme

10. Madagascar

11. Leave Me Alone (or Catcher In The Rye)

13. There Was A Time/T.W.A.T.

"Seven," "Oklahoma," "This I Love," "The General," "Thyme" and "Leave Me Alone" are supposed to be epic songs. They've become legendary within the GnR fan community. "Chinese Democracy" and "TWAT" would be a killer opening and closing to the record.

Axl told Rolling Stone "Better," "There Was A Time" and "The Blues" are his favorites so you know they'll be on the disc. But who knows Axl might put all the heavy rock tunes on album one and save the epics (with orchestra arrangements) for the next two releases.

Thanks for the feedback.

Edited by shotdowninflames

Axl has said there will be 13 songs on the first album this fall. Just interested to see what fans think should be on the disc. With the Use Your Illusion project, the band put all the previously released material (Civil War, Knockin On Heaven's Door & You Could Be Mine) on the 2nd disc. UYI I was nothing but new stuff.

Do you think the first "Chinese Democracy" should be 13 brand new, previously unheard tunes or will the leaked demos and new songs we've heard performed live since 2001 be featured? I'm guessing finished, studio versions will be featured. Since even though many loyal GnR fans have heard "Chinese Democracy," "The Blues," "Madagascar," "IRS," "There Was A Time," "Catcher In The Rye" and "Better" repeatadly the general public has not.

Here's my guesstimate on a running order:

1. Chinese Democracy

2. Better

3. The Blues

4. Seven

5. I.R.S.

6. Oklahoma

7. This I Love

8. The General

9. Thyme

10. Madagascar

11. Leave Me Alone (or Catcher In The Rye)

13. There Was A Time/T.W.A.T.

"Seven," "Oklahoma," "This I Love," "The General," "Thyme" and "Leave Me Alone" are supposed to be epic songs. They've become legendary within the GnR fan community. "Chinese Democracy" and "TWAT" would be a killer opening and closing to the record.

Axl told Rolling Stone "Better," "There Was A Time" and "The Blues" are his favorites so you know they'll be on the disc. But who knows Axl might put all the heavy rock tunes on album one and save the epics (with orchestra arrangements) for the next two releases.

Thanks for the feedback.

I don't actually think that Oklahoma is a song on the album at all, I think that at some point it was an old name for another song.....But otherwise... cool list