Guitar solos at the Hammerstein

Zint

bash slash

he's washed up and has no place in GNR now. This thread is just whining that he is no longer in the band :rolleyes: fuck him, who cares. he is not missed at all. Robin, Richard, and Ron are all 3 incredible guitarists who bring something unique and exciting to the table. I thought the shows were all amazing, better than anything from the old days.

Fortus and Finck were playing "Beautiful" by Christina Aguilerra.

To use Axl's words "oh my God!"

fuck yes, and it came out great! i dont even like the song, but they made it cool. It was cool before I figured out what it is, and its still cool. Its better than Slash's bullshit from the illusion tour.

No it's not.

Slash was not missed. I didn't hear one person yell out his name, not one time.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm never too fussed about solos. If i'm watching a gig on DVD and a solo starts i'll always skip it. If i'm at a gig and a solo starts i'll listen but i'm always hoping it won't last too long and they'll rip into another song.

I agree that Matt's solos were tough to sit through as well, but at least he knew how to play. Brain can't even get the opening of Nighttrain right and he didn't even attempt YCBM. Maybe if he knew what he was doing we could have gotten a mix of drum and guitar solos, which would have made it a little more interesting for the crowd.

"Where was this guy when you hired Matt?" - Baz

R.

Baz just got a second chance at a new life with his career. He's going to Europe to tour with GnR in the summer. I would hope he wouldn't say "Who the fuck is that?"

bash slash

he's washed up and has no place in GNR now. This thread is just whining that he is no longer in the band :rolleyes: fuck him, who cares. he is not missed at all. Robin, Richard, and Ron are all 3 incredible guitarists who bring something unique and exciting to the table. I thought the shows were all amazing, better than anything from the old days.

Robin Richard and Ron are not even enough to take SLASH's place.................3 don't work for 1.........sad but true

bash slash

he's washed up and has no place in GNR now. This thread is just whining that he is no longer in the band :rolleyes: fuck him, who cares. he is not missed at all.

Your lack of respect for a man who gave us so much is shocking. Don't be so surprised when people question if you truly are a fan. Slash's stamp is all over the old songs, the songs that still define what Guns N' Roses is, the songs that have brought us all here, and the songs that have given Axl the chance he has today; to take years making an album and have the record company sink almost $15 million into it. You don't have to want a reunion, but at least SHOW SOME RESPECT FOR A CHANGE!!!

You say this thread is all whining that he's no longer in the band. And all people can do is talk about a reunion. Then you say he's not missed? LOL. Obviously he is. And btw, I heard his name shouted too.

bash slash

he's washed up and has no place in GNR now. This thread is just whining that he is no longer in the band :rolleyes: fuck him, who cares. he is not missed at all.

Your lack of respect for a man who gave us so much is shocking. Don't be so surprised when people question if you truly are a fan. Slash's stamp is all over the old songs, the songs that still define what Guns N' Roses is, the songs that have brought us all here, and the songs that have given Axl the chance he has today; to take years making an album and have the record company sink almost $15 million into it. You don't have to want a reunion, but at least SHOW SOME RESPECT FOR A CHANGE!!!

You say this thread is all whining that he's no longer in the band. And all people can do is talk about a reunion. Then you say he's not missed? LOL. Obviously he is. And btw, I heard his name shouted too.

Let me thank u for this KBear!

bash slash

I'll give the guy respect when people start respecting the band the way it is now. If you guys are going to disrespect Robin Finck, expect me to retalilate with anti-slash posts! its bullshit while this band is out there kicking ass its still not good enough for some people. bunch of double talking jive mother fuckers :sleeper:

bash slash

I'll give the guy respect when people start respecting the band the way it is now. If you guys are going to disrespect Robin Finck, expect me to retalilate with anti-slash posts! its bullshit while this band is out there kicking ass its still not good enough for some people. bunch of double talking jive mother fuckers :sleeper:

I'm still trying to figure out how you continually get away with bashing Slash all the time without cause or backing it up with any actual information, and get moderators defending you. Maybe a mod can clear up why it's ok to bash Slash, but not say that a current member is unnecessary in certain songs??? Anyway...

You have this all backwards. You see, the version of GnR with Slash accomplished great things, the current version has not yet, whether you or anyone else think they are kicking ass or not. People show respect to those that accomplish greatness and earn that respect. We're still waiting for Robin (as talented as he may be) to accomplish anything near what Slash did. It is on you to show respect to someone that deserves it before you have any right to gripe about how Robin is treated.

bash slash

a little childish isn't it?

bash slash

I'm still trying to figure out how you continually get away with bashing Slash all the time without cause or backing it up with any actual information, and get moderators defending you. Maybe a mod can clear up why it's ok to bash Slash, but not say that a current member is unnecessary in certain songs??? Anyway...

You have this all backwards. You see, the version of GnR with Slash accomplished great things, the current version has not yet, whether you or anyone else think they are kicking ass or not. People show respect to those that accomplish greatness and earn that respect. We're still waiting for Robin (as talented as he may be) to accomplish anything near what Slash did. It is on you to show respect to someone that deserves it before you have any right to gripe about how Robin is treated.

1. I barely go to the VR section and say much.

2. this is MyGNR. Not MyVR. Robin is the band's lead guitarist, Slash is not. This is the truth of the matter.

3. I only bash Slash when I see people bashing one of GNR guitarists or complaining that he's not in the band.

4. It doesn't really matter who accomplished what, what matters is what is here and now, and at least right now, there is no reunion, and the band is out there kicking ass. Its 2006, no reason to live in the past and dwell on something that isn't there. lets be happy that Axl is back out there with the band.

bash slash

How old are you dude? Retaliate?

People are just giving their honest thoughts about the guitar solos. If they feel that they don't measure up to the ones Slash did then that is their opinion. Though luck. Why do you have to "retaliate" against someone thinking Slash did something better? Slash is a legend. It's no disrespect to compare someone to Slash and say that Slash is the better man.

But I guess what you want to see, is for all fans to say Robin does everything better than Slash. Robin does everything perfect. After all, this is what you do. Anything less in your eyes is disrespecting the new band. Sheesh. People aren't even really bashing Finck in this thread. The shows were great, but there is something they can improve on. You call this bashing?

bash slash

People are just giving their honest thoughts about the guitar solos. If they feel that they don't measure up to the ones Slash did then that is their opinion. Though luck. Why do you have to "retaliate" against someone thinking Slash did something better? Slash is a legend. It's no disrespect to compare someone to Slash and say that Slash is the better man.

But I guess what you want to see, is for all fans to say Robin does everything better than Slash. Robin does everything perfect. After all, this is what you do. Anything less in your eyes is disrespecting the new band. Sheesh. People aren't even really bashing Finck in this thread. The shows were great, but there is something they can improve on. You call this bashing?

I'm just sick of Slash even being brought up. If you want to talk about him find a VR board because he bailed on GNR a long time ago. Maybe you should have left with him.

bash slash

I'm just sick of Slash even being brought up. If you want to talk about him find a VR board because he bailed on GNR a long time ago. Maybe you should have left with him.

Still GnR haven't done much without him!

The only reason for the solos is so Axl can rest his voice. Bumblefoots solo was fucking boring and that guitar of his made me want to puke. That guitar is more fucking embarassing then a guy wearing a KFC bucket and a mask. Axl needs to write in Bumblefoots contract that he can't play those wretched guitars of his.

bash slash

2. this is MyGNR. Not MyVR. Robin is the band's lead guitarist, Slash is not. This is the truth of the matter.

3. I only bash Slash when I see people bashing one of GNR guitarists or complaining that he's not in the band.

4. It doesn't really matter who accomplished what, what matters is what is here and now, and at least right now, there is no reunion, and the band is out there kicking ass. Its 2006, no reason to live in the past and dwell on something that isn't there. lets be happy that Axl is back out there with the band.

To address you point by point:

1: That's nice...you should also stay out of the original members section.

2: Well, nobody knows who is the lead guitar player, though indications are that it might be Robin. That is the actual truth of the matter.

3: So you only bash one of the creative forces behind the music that you claim the current lineup rocks playing because someone picked on Robin? Grow up, this isn't Junior High School. You must accept that as long as Guns n Roses exists, there will be people questioning who is and isn't in the band...that will happen even if there is a reunion, except it will be you questioning the lineup then. Just accept it (as you like to say).

4: It does matter who accomplished what. That is what every individual in the world is judged on...what they accomplished in life. You can't just ignore it because it doesn't work in your favor. I appreciate that you love the new lineup...I do. I'm happy for you. That doesn't mean that everyone agrees, or that they are wrong if they don't. It is 2006, and we're still waiting for Axl to release CD...until then, you can't expect everybody to just accept Axl's new band because you like them or they go by the name Guns n Roses.

bash slash

crying_baby-774314.jpg

If you are waiting for the day fans stop talking about Slash, you'll be waiting a long time. I'm surprised you haven't realized this yet.

Basically he doesn't like Slash because he's partly black. So it's a dislike founded in irrationality.

He also believes that every single member of new gnr is superior to the old band. He's in denial and has to justify his slavish worship of Axl Rose by saying things like this.

A hilarious sidenote, his idol in his recent interview has clearly differentiated between "old guns" and "new guns", something A_D has been vehemently denying and trying to force down our throat.

This slavish fanboy idol worship is what ruins shit. It's the fanboys who dramatize everything and try to burn bridges. If he says half the crap he does here to Axl, he'd be bitchslapped by the redhead.

Why didn't you try telling Ron that Slash is a washed up hasbeen A_D? Probably because he would have laughed in your face.

whatever :rolleyes:

Edited by SylvesterStallone

Guest RonMexico82

bash slash

Hey Axls_Disillusion could you please print this out and give it to your mom for me.

"Hey Bitch,

Keep your bastard son away from the computer until his balls drop.

Now smack him across the face, he needs it.

Thanxs."

Basically he doesn't like Slash because he's partly black. So it's a dislike founded in irrationality.

:rolleyes: bullshit, thats a pretty fucked up statement to make :monkey: but whatever, I know how I feel and I dont care what you think.

I like the new band better, I'm entitled to my own opinions. I do love the old band, and you wont see me bash anything Slash did in the old guns. I know the difference between new gnr and old gnr, never said I didn't. I just said its fucked up to sit here and whine about Slash being gone when theres nothing that can be done about it and the band is out on tour. We should be uniting and supporting the band.

If this is true (and I think it is), that guy should be banned.

..i always thought bucket-fuckhead had this..white mask..to show he's white..and saul fuckin' hudson not...(..same with the bucket on the head)...