Disintegration

Yamisonic

Disintegration is one of the deepest pieces of work I've heard. As I've mentioned before, the album's major, long compositions (Pictures Of You, The Same Deep Water As You, Disintegration) pull you in, they are repetitive, but beautifully orchestrated. There are also the hits (Lullaby, Love Song, Fascination Street).

I think everybody should give this album a chance, it's simply incredible. The best two songs are The Same Deep Water As You, THE song that really puts you inside the music, and Disintegration, a smooth, fast-paced song.

Here's a review, taken from amazon, that sums up the album:

God bless the boys from South Park. Kyle may have gotten it right. This album is epic. Before this record The Cure's music was underground club type music, and fit very nicely in the "post-punk" label. The music on this record has an incredibly beautiful melancholy to it. Most of the songs have a slow tempo and just ooze with a dark moodiness that makes you feel. I don't know that it can make everyone feel the same, but it will definitely make you feel.

The songs are a bit long, but that is not a bad thing as each is beautifully orchestrated. There is no filler in this record, and actually some of The Cure's best work is on this album. "Pictures Of You", "Love Song", "Lullaby", "Fascination Street", and "Prayers For Rain" are probably the best songs, but every song is incredible. Overall it's as bleak as any album I've ever heard, and it is painfully intimate. It's one I simply can't stop listening to, despite the dark melancholy of the music.

This is The Cure album for people that aren't even Cure fans. You don't have to be into moody, gothic, synthpop to appreciate just how great this record is. The album is nearly 12 years old, and doesn't sound dated at all. The material is still fresh, timeless. Enjoying this record is simply a beautiful experience.

Edited by Yamisonic

I'ma huge Cure fan. Don't get me wrong Disintegration is an amazing album but I've never understood why it's widely regarded as the best Cure album. In my opinion, Bloodfowers, Wish, Kiss me Kiss me Kiss me, Wild Mood Swings and The Head on the Door are all better. Disintegration definately has more of a common theme running throughout the album but the others offer more range of emotions(ups and downs) Disintegration is basically one big downer(in a good way though). My favorite songs off the album are Pictures of You, Closedown and Prayers for Rain.

I'ma huge Cure fan. Don't get me wrong Disintegration is an amazing album but I've never understood why it's widely regarded as the best Cure album. In my opinion, Bloodfowers, Wish, Kiss me Kiss me Kiss me, Wild Mood Swings and The Head on the Door are all better. Disintegration definately has more of a common theme running throughout the album but the others offer more range of emotions(ups and downs) Disintegration is basically one big downer(in a good way though). My favorite songs off the album are Pictures of You, Closedown and Prayers for Rain.

I agree, I much prefer The Head on the Door to Disintegration.