Guns N' Roses Storm New York

TheDemocracyRose

htgth.com

Source: Sanctuary Records

Monday May 22, 11:30 am ET

Sold Out Shows, Guest Stars & Fanatic Audiences

Next Up - European Tour

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 22, 2006--They're back!!!

Guns N' Roses - whose shows at New York's Hammerstein Ballroom sold out in less than 3 minutes - have reclaimed the throne that was always theirs. From stellar reviews to audience adulation, Guns N' Roses' New York shows proved that they are back in a big way.

Concert goers weren't let down as Axl Rose and band mates Tommy Stinson (bass), Richard Fortus (guitar), Robin Finck (guitar), Chris Pitman (keyboard), Dizzy Reed (keyboard) and new guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thall (who has only been in the band for two weeks!) burned through Guns N' Roses classics such as "Welcome to the Jungle," "Paradise City," "My Michelle," "Mr. Brownstone," "November Rain" and "Sweet Child O' Mine." The final show at Hammerstein found the band joined by one time Guns' guitarist Izzy Stradlin on "Think About You," "Patience" and "Night Train," which also included an enthusiastic Kid Rock coming onstage to join the band.

Over the four nights, audiences were also treated to nearly half of the band's upcoming new album, Chinese Democracy, with live performances of "Chinese Democracy," "Better," "There was a Time," "Madagascar," "IRS" and "The Blues."

The four shows, which took place on May 12, 14, 15 & 17th, were the talk of New York City, with fans and famous faces such as Matthew Perry, Mickey Rourke, Drea De Matteo, Lenny Kravitz, Jamie Lynn Sigler, Fred Durst, Sebastian Bach, Ethan Hawke, Jay Z, Jimmy Fallon, Maxwell and Sean Penn to name a few, paying homage to one of the greatest bands in Rock n' Roll. Each night was a celebration on stage, which would then continue off stage with parties at Sixes and Eights, Bungalow 8, Butter, G Spa, The Marquee Lounge and The SoHo House.

The band ended their New York jaunt with a surprise acoustic performance at The Plumm for actress Rosario Dawson's birthday party. The band's scorching performance, which left the way beyond capacity crowd screaming for more and gasping for air well into the wee hours of the morning, had birthday girl Dawson commenting of Rose: "They've never played all acoustic, this is history in the making, how much does this man rock?!"

The N.Y. concerts were warm up shows for the European leg of the band's forthcoming tour, which starts May 25th in Madrid at Juan Carlos Arena.

For the upcoming tour, Guns N' Roses are playing a mixture of headline Festival appearances including Rock In Rio in Portugal, Download at the UK's famed Castle Donington, Rock Am Ring in Germany, Gods Of Metal in Italy, Novarock in Austria, Graspop in Belgium, Roskilde in Denmark, A Heavy Day In The Park in Holland as well as their own headlining indoor shows in Madrid, Budapest, Prague, Warsaw, Paris, Zurich, Stockholm, Oslo and Helsinki, most of which have been instant sellouts.

But nothing beats the home turf of the US or New York City. W. Axl Rose commented, "We've just finished our 4 shows in New York and had an amazing time. New York has always been special and it feels great to be doing this again particularly in front of so many friends. I am very excited about Europe and getting back over here in September."

MULTIMEDIA AVAILABLE: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=5153548

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/060522/20060522005907.html?.v=1

htgth.com

Source: Sanctuary Records

Monday May 22, 11:30 am ET

Sold Out Shows, Guest Stars & Fanatic Audiences

Next Up - European Tour

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 22, 2006--They're back!!!

Guns N' Roses - whose shows at New York's Hammerstein Ballroom sold out in less than 3 minutes - have reclaimed the throne that was always theirs. From stellar reviews to audience adulation, Guns N' Roses' New York shows proved that they are back in a big way.

Concert goers weren't let down as Axl Rose and band mates Tommy Stinson (bass), Richard Fortus (guitar), Robin Finck (guitar), Chris Pitman (keyboard), Dizzy Reed (keyboard) and new guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thall (who has only been in the band for two weeks!) burned through Guns N' Roses classics such as "Welcome to the Jungle," "Paradise City," "My Michelle," "Mr. Brownstone," "November Rain" and "Sweet Child O' Mine." The final show at Hammerstein found the band joined by one time Guns' guitarist Izzy Stradlin on "Think About You," "Patience" and "Night Train," which also included an enthusiastic Kid Rock coming onstage to join the band.

Over the four nights, audiences were also treated to nearly half of the band's upcoming new album, Chinese Democracy, with live performances of "Chinese Democracy," "Better," "There was a Time," "Madagascar," "IRS" and "The Blues."

The four shows, which took place on May 12, 14, 15 & 17th, were the talk of New York City, with fans and famous faces such as Matthew Perry, Mickey Rourke, Drea De Matteo, Lenny Kravitz, Jamie Lynn Sigler, Fred Durst, Sebastian Bach, Ethan Hawke, Jay Z, Jimmy Fallon, Maxwell and Sean Penn to name a few, paying homage to one of the greatest bands in Rock n' Roll. Each night was a celebration on stage, which would then continue off stage with parties at Sixes and Eights, Bungalow 8, Butter, G Spa, The Marquee Lounge and The SoHo House.

The band ended their New York jaunt with a surprise acoustic performance at The Plumm for actress Rosario Dawson's birthday party. The band's scorching performance, which left the way beyond capacity crowd screaming for more and gasping for air well into the wee hours of the morning, had birthday girl Dawson commenting of Rose: "They've never played all acoustic, this is history in the making, how much does this man rock?!"

The N.Y. concerts were warm up shows for the European leg of the band's forthcoming tour, which starts May 25th in Madrid at Juan Carlos Arena.

For the upcoming tour, Guns N' Roses are playing a mixture of headline Festival appearances including Rock In Rio in Portugal, Download at the UK's famed Castle Donington, Rock Am Ring in Germany, Gods Of Metal in Italy, Novarock in Austria, Graspop in Belgium, Roskilde in Denmark, A Heavy Day In The Park in Holland as well as their own headlining indoor shows in Madrid, Budapest, Prague, Warsaw, Paris, Zurich, Stockholm, Oslo and Helsinki, most of which have been instant sellouts.

But nothing beats the home turf of the US or New York City. W. Axl Rose commented, "We've just finished our 4 shows in New York and had an amazing time. New York has always been special and it feels great to be doing this again particularly in front of so many friends. I am very excited about Europe and getting back over here in September."

MULTIMEDIA AVAILABLE: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=5153548

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/060522/20060522005907.html?.v=1

Well of course Sanctuary is not the most objective source...

''Over the four nights, audiences were also treated to nearly half of the band's upcoming new album, Chinese Democracy, with live performances of "Chinese Democracy," "Better," "There was a Time," "Madagascar," "IRS" and "The Blues."

So this means then that for definate these songs are on the album

It's Thal, not Thall.

Also, where the hell is Brain?! They mention the keyboard players, but not the drummer?!

And what about those songs they played at the NY shows? This statement implies that all of them are gonna be on the album. However, two weeks ago, Axl said on the Trunk show they still hadn't decided the final tracklist for CD...

A lot of mistakes for just one statement. Congratulations to the person that wrote it.

It's Thal, not Thall.

Also, where the hell is Brain?! They mention the keyboard players, but not the drummer?!

And what about those songs they played at the NY shows? This statement implies that all of them are gonna be on the album. However, two weeks ago, Axl said on the Trunk show they still hadn't decided the final tracklist for CD...

A lot of mistakes for just one statement. Congratulations to the person that wrote it.

:rofl-lol:

Half of Chinese Democracy? :( I love the new songs but I would not be happy if they made up half of the album. I want new material. not a half album of new material.

It will actually be considered 'new' for many people. Not everyone knows about the leaks. Lots of people at the concert didn't have a clue when those songs were being played.

this is ridiculously bad news. the leaks make up half the new album? when we all heard them the first time the general consensus was "shit man this is hot, can't wait to hear the final version, these 3/4 year old recordings are cool but when they're complete they're really gonna rock!" well fuck all has changed apart from a new slightly worse intro to TWAT. it was pretty much taken for granted that the leaks we're all old songs, recorded around 2000/2002 or something, the other 3 were played on the 2002 tour. Axl has presumably done absolutely nothing since then since there's no new material. "saving the big guns for the festivals" / "giving ron time to settle in" thats fucking balls man. if there was new material they'd be playin the fuck out of it, instead they play "oh my god". i love this band, and i've got a ticket to see them in London (nearly 45 quid a ticket for fucking hammersmith apollo!!!) but if they come out and play the old songs there's really no point. Its worse than Mick Jagger fagging around on his solo tours playing stones songs with a session band, if Axl is gonna play thru AFD then he might as well get the old band back together and do it properly, if he's gonna contine as "New Guns" then there'd better be some fucking new songs.

peace out.

oh yeh and i'd like to pre-emptively invite AxlsDisillusion to suck my fucking balls.

"They've never played all acoustic, this is history in the making, how much does this man rock?!"

:rolleyes: What a fan.

This might not be the best written news release of all time, but the main thing is that promotion is obviously ramping up.

if this makes half of the album this albums gonna suck..none of this songs rocks..Only on this board.

Guess we will se the new lineup kohd too...just to make this the "worst" album ever

Well dont think many of those songs will be on CD anyway

You and Tommygirl can feel free to fuck off and support another band then. You won't be missed, douche knozzles! :fuckyou:

Guest cherry_bomb

if this makes half of the album this albums gonna suck..none of this songs rocks..Only on this board.

Guess we will se the new lineup kohd too...just to make this the "worst" album ever

Well dont think many of those songs will be on CD anyway

You and Tommygirl can feel free to fuck off and support another band then. You won't be missed, douche knozzles! :fuckyou:

:fuckyou: fuck yeah!

It's Thal, not Thall.

Well, perhaps they had most of the tracklist finalized and simply had to add a few more songs to it.

this is ridiculously bad news. the leaks make up half the new album? when we all heard them the first time the general consensus was "shit man this is hot, can't wait to hear the final version, these 3/4 year old recordings are cool but when they're complete they're really gonna rock!" well fuck all has changed apart from a new slightly worse intro to TWAT. it was pretty much taken for granted that the leaks we're all old songs, recorded around 2000/2002 or something, the other 3 were played on the 2002 tour. Axl has presumably done absolutely nothing since then since there's no new material. "saving the big guns for the festivals" / "giving ron time to settle in" thats fucking balls man. if there was new material they'd be playin the fuck out of it, instead they play "oh my god". i love this band, and i've got a ticket to see them in London (nearly 45 quid a ticket for fucking hammersmith apollo!!!) but if they come out and play the old songs there's really no point. Its worse than Mick Jagger fagging around on his solo tours playing stones songs with a session band, if Axl is gonna play thru AFD then he might as well get the old band back together and do it properly, if he's gonna contine as "New Guns" then there'd better be some fucking new songs.

A few points:

+ 3/4 year old? They aren't even 1/2 year old

+ Most believe Better was done around 2004

+ I do believe they have other tunes they haven't revealed yet. I would not be disappointed to have these six songs on Chi Dem and six new ones. How is that so bad? It's simply unrealistic to expect an album of 12 brand new songs. Besides, the songs we've heard kick ass and studio versions on CD will definitely be a new experience. Imagine if the other six songs are just as good or better? How is that anything but a fantastic album? Some fans are expecting too much.

+ You're saying there is no new material, but there has to be. The album will have more than six songs on it and it's most definitely coming.

Edited by KBear