5-17 Show Hits Ebay

Otis36

Does anyone know if that listing on ebay is from the guy who has the masters (the guy who did MSG '02)?

or is it someone who got a copy of it and is making his own copies?

It is not a licensed product. It is home-made. The quality could be okay though. Don't spend your money. I already bought it. I will make it available.

I know it's boot...but I've heard that the guy who filmed it also did MSG '02.

I was just curious if the ebay deal was THAT guy selling master-direct copies...or if someone else is hawking clones.

Way cool you're going to share it though.

I know it's boot...but I've heard that the guy who filmed it also did MSG '02.

I was just curious if the ebay deal was THAT guy selling master-direct copies...or if someone else is hawking clones.

Way cool you're going to share it though.

Where did you here that from? I am wondering? I bought the MSG and Rock In Rio show that seemed to be made by the same person. The seller who sold them to me had at least 700 feedback and he was also selling the item through his own "cheesy" website. I know that he is the one that filmed them. The guy that I bought this one from, is different (as far as I can tell now). My Ebay id is also smokingarthur, so you can see my name down as one of the purchasers, yet you do not find my name leaving any feeback for him. So this is not the guy I bought the other DVD's from. But there can still be some other connection???

Does anyone know if that listing on ebay is from the guy who has the masters (the guy who did MSG '02)?

If this is the guy who did MSG he got a little more sophisticated. If you look at the 2 different listings of the DVD the screenshots look like they are from different perspectives. 2 cameras. The wide shot with the band is taken from the right and the close up of Kid Rock is taken from the left. Good job though.

smokingarthur...somewhere on this board (I'll see if I can find it) as well as on HTGTH mentioned that they received emails behind the scenes from the guy who did the MSG show...stating that he had the Hammerstein shows.It was stated that he was offering chaptered transfers direct from the masters...NOT clones.

When I saw the ebay offer,and where the guy was from...I wasn't sure if what he was offering was direct from the masters or not.

I was considering getting a copy...but I would prefer chaptered direct from the master.

That's why I decided to ask around first..to see if this was the right guy.

smokingarthur...somewhere on this board (I'll see if I can find it) as well as on HTGTH mentioned that they received emails behind the scenes from the guy who did the MSG show...stating that he had the Hammerstein shows.It was stated that he was offering chaptered transfers direct from the masters...NOT clones.

When I saw the ebay offer,and where the guy was from...I wasn't sure if what he was offering was direct from the masters or not.

I was considering getting a copy...but I would prefer chaptered direct from the master.

That's why I decided to ask around first..to see if this was the right guy.

Don't let his item location of "mass" fool you. I ended up buying a copy and you have to mail payment to a P.O. box in Queens Ny. His Email account is also something Like "Clark kent at Hotmail". So it looks like he's trying his best to keep it under wraps.

Edited by Otis36

It is not a licensed product. It is home-made. The quality could be okay though. Don't spend your money. I already bought it. I will make it available.

When can we expect it by chance? rock1 rock3

When can we expect it by chance? rock1 rock3

When I receive it. I have to send a money order to this guy. I won't be back in town untill Friday, so I will send it out Saturday morning. I must mail it to his P.O box. I will let you know...

I also emailed the guy regarding the DVDs and I believe he is the actual taper. As far as I know all 4 shows were shot from different places in the ballroom and the last DVD for the 17th is a mix of 2 cameras (2 tapers). He was real nice about it but really wants to keep on the DL which is why I am assuming he isn't taking PayPal.