TIME FOR THE RIO SHOW

j_wasylyk

I say like this. Portugal is GMT, like UK. GnR starts playing 23.45 GMT. If you're in NY for example that means that GnR will start playing 18:45 (NY is GMT minus 5, right?). For me, the show will start 00.45 am.

Hope that helps

i need to know the pacific ( L.A. ) time.

Sorry but... If you live in US I think you should know what the time zone difference is between NY and LA. If NY is GMT minus 5, maybe LA is GMT minus 7 or something like that? You live there!

the GnR show starts 16.45 or 17.45 LA time, I would guess.

I am presuming in this instance

ET is for European Timing.

8:15 would be the time GnR hit the stage in Portugal and London.

Otherwise.

US states are at least 5 hours behind the UK (some are 8 hours, 6 hours, 11 hours, 13 hours etc)

UK and Portugal share the same time zone.

That would mean that if 8:15 was US time, GNR would be hitting the stage at 1:15AM and playing until 3:15 AM.

Not happening.

Unless the show they are showing at 8:15 ET is not live, in that case it might be US time.

Edit: Just checked the official site

GnR are playing at 11:45 PM for Portgual and English time.

Sorry about that, I was unaware there was a US state that was 4 hours behind, I thought the minimum was 5 hours.

Edited by Binge_And_Slash

Yeah sorry, I didn't realise GnR were playing at 11:45PM in Portugal.

I wasn't sure what country time that was referring to until I checked the Rio site.

I was wondering where you got 11:45 from and me being ignorant just thought you pulled it out your ass.

Yeah sorry, I didn't realise GnR were playing at 11:45PM in Portugal.

I wasn't sure what country time that was referring to until I checked the Rio site.

I was wondering where you got 11:45 from and me being ignorant just thought you pulled it out your ass.

It's okay, Hehe no it had a reason ;) I'll watch the show online anways :)

thomase: Yes it will... check out the link I posted about it

Edited by DV_007

http://www.xmradio.com/rockinrio/index.jsp?refsrc=whatson_bb

Artists scheduled to appear:

(Times and artists subject to change.)

Friday, May 26th on XM Live - XM 200

7PM - 8:15PM ET - Jamiroquai (1hr 15mins)

8:15 - 10PM ET - Shakira

Saturday, May 27th on XM Live - XM 200

7PM - 8:15PM ET - The Darkness (1hr 15mins)

8:15PM - 10PM ET - Guns N Roses (1hr 45mins)

Friday, June 2nd on XM Live - XM 200

7PM - 8:15PM ET - Carlos Santana (1hr 15mins)

8:15PM - 9:15PM ET - Roger Waters (1hr)

I say like this. Portugal is GMT, like UK. GnR starts playing 23.45 GMT. If you're in NY for example that means that GnR will start playing 18:45 (NY is GMT minus 5, right?). For me, the show will start 00.45 am.

Hope that helps

Not really. :lol:

Seriously, I get what you're saying. I'd normally agree. But AOL is giving some conflicting information. They have the show starting at 23:45 GMT. And you're right, it's a five hour difference to convert that to Eastern time (for East coast Canada and USA). So that would be 18:45 EST. Yet, AOL on their Network Live site says that GN'R will be on at 20:15 EST. WTF?

So yeah. If you Gunners wanna play it safe, be watching at 18:45. In laymans terms that would be 6:45pm (that's evening) in New York and 3:45pm (that's afternoon) in LA. :lol:;)

I repeat...8:15 SEEMS WRONG. If you guys want to make sure you catch the show, better start watching earlier.