TIME FOR THE RIO SHOW

j_wasylyk

I say like this. Portugal is GMT, like UK. GnR starts playing 23.45 GMT. If you're in NY for example that means that GnR will start playing 18:45 (NY is GMT minus 5, right?). For me, the show will start 00.45 am.

Hope that helps

Not really. :lol:

Seriously, I get what you're saying. I'd normally agree. But AOL is giving some conflicting information. They have the show starting at 23:45 GMT. And you're right, it's a five hour difference to convert that to Eastern time (for East coast Canada and USA). So that would be 18:45 EST. Yet, AOL on their Network Live site says that GN'R will be on at 20:15 EST. WTF?

So yeah. If you Gunners wanna play it safe, be watching at 18:45. In laymans terms that would be 6:45pm (that's evening) in New York and 3:45pm (that's afternoon) in LA. :lol:;)

I repeat...8:15 SEEMS WRONG. If you guys want to make sure you catch the show, better start watching earlier.

Yeah that's a good point :huh: But I think as you do, that the 8.15 thing is wrong. I trust the GMT system ;) Hehe

NYers: 18.45 (6.45pm)

LAs: 15.45 (3.45pm)

The 8.15 thing means that the show starts 8 hours ahead of that in Lisbon, -> 4 am ;):P

So no... I wouldn't trust the 8.15 thing

Edited by DV_007

Quick question. I have a Windows Media player recorder, and a Real Media recorder, will either one of them record an AOL webcast?? Im just not sure if they are running the webcast via either one of those.

Anyone know??

is it only on AOL or on TV im america? can anyone tell me?

aol

the website says theres gonna be some kinda portugese televising of it, a "special". whats that about? i dunno if its televising of the gig itself or just of like...a special on rock in rio's of the past or what, it's not very specific.

aol

the website says theres gonna be some kinda portugese televising of it, a "special". whats that about? i dunno if its televising of the gig itself or just of like...a special on rock in rio's of the past or what, it's not very specific.

That's because you can't read!!!! The show will be broadcasted live by the channel "SIC RADICAL". The special will start at 14pm. It is a "pay tv" channel that we have here in Portugal! But go to the site

http://sicprogramas.sapo.pt/sicradical2002...=1&section_id=4 and see for your self.

aol

That's because you can't read!!!! The show will be broadcasted live by the channel "SIC RADICAL". The special will start at 14pm. It is a "pay tv" channel that we have here in Portugal! But go to the site

http://sicprogramas.sapo.pt/sicradical2002...=1§ion_id=4 and see for your self.

maybe ur right n i can't read cuz as far as i saw it said Ali G USA at 14pm lol

Shakira (yeah yeah i know) hit the stage at midnight UK/Portugal time which is 7pm New York time and 4pm LA time.

Come on people its not difficult, the guy from Sweden knows the USA time zones better than the Americans here

Guest siliconmessiah
...the guy from Sweden knows the USA time zones better than the Americans here

Love this one...

But on the other hand, I´m swedish, and I love americans too, so take no offence! :rofl-lol:

It's 12:06 in Lisbon now

And 13:06 in Norway..

And if the show in Lisbon starts 8:15, does it start 9:15 here than?

if i'm right? :P

No the show Starts at 11:45 pm Lisbon time which means it'll be at 12:25 am in Norway, 6:45 pm New Yor etc etc.....any doubts just go to this site Time Zones

Kannon.