The New GNR

mr.drummin

Is the new GNR run and controlled by Axl? does Axl treat the New band members indeed like replacements?

I'm just think because if it were down to say Richard Fortus for example, CD would have been out for around half a year or so by now. 13 years we still have no CD and not many tours. I really think Axl needs to give the new GNR more freedom and say in what they do. Axl does the interviews, decides all tour dates and if he doesn't feel like showing up, he doesn't. I am also quite sure (don't ask why) that they don't have much say in what song are on the set-list. If I were in this band I would have lost patience especially Fink.

Is this just my opinion or do you people agree? Give the new band members some respect Axl!

rock4

Edited by mr.drummin

Is the new GNR run and controlled by Axl? does Axl treat the New band members indeed like replacements?

I'm just think because if it were down to say Richard Fortus for example, CD would have been out for around half a year or so by now. 13 years we still have no CD and not many tours. I really think Axl needs to give the new GNR more freedom and say in what they do. Axl does the interviews, decides all tour dates and if he doesn't feel like showing up, he doesn't. I am also quite sure (don't ask why) that they don't have much say in what song are on the set-list. If I were in this band I would have lost patience especially Fink.

Is this just my opinion or do you people agree? Give the new band members some respect Axl!

rock4

Axl did treat even original members as if they were working for him so why not the new guys?

Axl owes the band and pay them to do their job

Axl runs the show. These guys knew that when they signed up for this.

I HOPE, when the album is released, we will hear some interviews from

the band members, especially Finck. I've never heard anything from

this guy, and I want to hear his thoughts concerning the album.

From what I understand, Axl's been doing his best to avoid uyi syndrome completely. To do this, he's taken every member's every opinion into the song writing process, so as to blend every element that they(the members) have and bring it into a cd, to create the best cd they can make. This as such makes the record more of a record by GUNS N' ROSES than anyone before it, rather than seperate songwriting credits, leading to disputes as axl as said "i'm not gonna play his song if he dosen't do mine", or afd, in which 2 people would write a song and the rest would hide behind the credits.

That's only the songwriting aspect of it.

But as far as when they play, where they play, who they play with, what they play, what time they play, who they can talk to, who they can't talk to, when the album will be ready, what songs will be on the album, artwork, merchandise, publishing rights, label dealings, and other business affairs, that's all Axl.

From what I understand, Axl's been doing his best to avoid uyi syndrome completely. To do this, he's taken every member's every opinion into the song writing process, so as to blend every element that they(the members) have and bring it into a cd, to create the best cd they can make. This as such makes the record more of a record by GUNS N' ROSES than anyone before it, rather than seperate songwriting credits, leading to disputes as axl as said "i'm not gonna play his song if he dosen't do mine", or afd, in which 2 people would write a song and the rest would hide behind the credits.

What is your source for this information regarding the process for CD? It certainly didn't come from Axl, so I'm curious who your insider is.

What is your source for this information regarding the process for CD? It certainly didn't come from Axl, so I'm curious who your insider is.

axl's said it in different interviews

search no farther than the eddie trunk interview and a few recent interviews as to the cd writing process,

the other members have stated this a few times too,

axl's the one who said "not play his song" during the trunk interview

on the afd credits, look in the faq for the true song credits, then compare it to afd when everything was by GUNS N' ROSES.

there is no secret, there is no monarchy, there is a band

I've heard Tommy say it before. Something on the lines of,everyone throwing their ideas and it gets passed around to everyone to see what they can come up with,for that idea.

But yes,for the most part I believe it's Axl's show. Sure they all have ideas that get worked on etc,but the album hasn't come out yet,because Axl said so.

Its Axls band, and its his album. Instumentaly I'm sure the other members give some of their input towards songs, Axl cant write guitar solos for one thing. But this really is Axls band, he didnt go through the trouble to own the fucking name to share it with other bandmates. The name GNR is the backbone to his solo career and unless CD is a huge hit with memorable guitar riffs and solos, people will go to the concerts to see Axl, not the other members.

Tommy just got in a fight with Axl about something band related, so obviously they're not just yes-men and they have a say in what happens in the band.

it's just usually when something big is underway, they're on a gag order...and i can't really blame Axl for doing that, he should announce CD, not Fortus (cause he said it was coming out in September a while ago before Axl said 'Fall')

Its Axls band, and its his album. Instumentaly I'm sure the other members give some of their input towards songs, Axl cant write guitar solos for one thing. But this really is Axls band, he didnt go through the trouble to own the fucking name to share it with other bandmates. The name GNR is the backbone to his solo career and unless CD is a huge hit with memorable guitar riffs and solos, people will go to the concerts to see Axl, not the other members.

well, axl is the frontman

and i'm willing to bet after years in the studio, thier not gonna want to reveal much

and as far as we know, both axl and we know that these people have worked really hard to be accepted as gnr

and axl does repect the guys as members of the band as gnr

he's said it publicly

only people like you don't

That will probably change and change and change again ...

I'm going for Axl alone

SERIOUSLY, THERE IS NO CHINESE DEMOCRACY ALBUM, ITS REALLY CHINESE BUREAUCRACY!!!

Axl is on top and some of you are right, there is SOME input by the rest of his hired guns, the band is literaly a bureaucracy. The information goes up and the orders go back down. E.I. Someone has an idea for a solo...Axl then tells them to write it, then listens to it and then tells them to re-write it, scrap it, change it or work on it, depending on whether he likes it or not.

SERIOUSLY, THERE IS NO CHINESE DEMOCRACY ALBUM, ITS REALLY CHINESE BUREAUCRACY!!!

Axl is on top and some of you are right, there is SOME input by the rest of his hired guns, the band is literaly a bureaucracy. The information goes up and the orders go back down. E.I. Someone has an idea for a solo...Axl then tells them to write it, then listens to it and then tells them to re-write it, scrap it, change it or work on it, depending on whether he likes it or not.

dirty little bastard ! thats whaT they would put on your head stone! and fuck what a bore!

still won't play along, like i should ! like you would!

No. They have a say as long as Axl likes it. If he doesn't he gets squashed. Sure Robin can come up witha riff but if Axl doesn't like it, it's out the window. No matter how much Robin wants it if Axl doesn't want it than too bad. Just my opinion but I think this is pretty much a one man show.

GNR have always been volatile and things now are no better! Probably members will come and go... I think that the major challege will be the release of a new album, or consolidates GNR as a really new band or will creat gaps (again) among members and everything returns to ground zero!

I think Axl is in total control, and as long as they all agree on this the show will go on. Axl is basically getting all the publicity, less and less is said about gnr, its Axl Rose this and Axl Rose that. Just my opinion. Actually he is the only one i care about anyway, with his attitude i hate to admit that, but its the truth.

I have no idea how the creative process works in GNR, but, on kroq, Axl told Kevin & Bean that all of the members are "opinionated individuals." I just hope they all strive for musical excellance, regardless of who has final decision-making power. Who needs another "So Fine"?

Edited by blzbub

Me thinks most of the new album will be original Axl Rose material with the band's talents added into the mix to COMPLEMENT his vision. That being said, I do believe there will also be Fink & Stinson type songs that the band comes together to make a finished product.

Everything else is all Axl :ph34r: