Axl & Slash to both be at the Metal Hammer Awards?

W. Axl Kev

http://www.modernguitars.com/archives/001923.html

Press release

Source: Gibson Guitar

Epiphone Guitar, part of the Gibson Guitar family of brands, is confirmed as the headline sponsor of the fourth annual Metal Hammer Golden Gods Awards. These awards look set to be the most explosive on the UK calendar when some of the biggest stars from the world of rock and metal go head-to-head.

Koko in London’s Camden Town will host the Metal Hammer Golden Gods which will take place on Monday 12th June 2006 and will see the likes of Guns N’ Roses vocalist Axl Rose and guitarist Slash come face-to-face for the first time since the band split in 1996. Timed to coincide with the end of the Download Festival, the Metal Hammer Golden Gods attracts the attendance of the stars who appear on stage at Donington for one last celebration before heading home.

That would be crazy!?! :shocked:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Press release

Epiphone Guitar, part of the Gibson Guitar family of brands, is confirmed as the headline sponsor of the fourth annual Metal Hammer Golden Gods Awards. These awards look set to be the most explosive on the UK calendar when some of the biggest stars from the world of rock and metal go head-to-head.

Koko in London’s Camden Town will host the Metal Hammer Golden Gods which will take place on Monday 12th June 2006 and will see the likes of Guns N’ Roses vocalist Axl Rose and guitarist Slash come face-to-face for the first time since the band split in 1996. Timed to coincide with the end of the Download Festival, the Metal Hammer Golden Gods attracts the attendance of the stars who appear on stage at Donington for one last celebration before heading home.

they're grown ups, wont be no bullshit i dont think. neither of em r like...deep down dickheads, or they come across like that.

Press release

Thanks for posting.

FUCK! I need to go--KOKO is insanely close to me!!!!!

How do I get a ticket??

Or maybe hopefully dizzy'll allow me to hang with him.

edit: Looked on KOKO's site--there isn't anything about this

Edited by drops_of_jupiter

but the band never split in 1996. Slash left in 1996, the other members were still in the band and 3 of those guys continued on to the new era of Guns. Rose, Reed, and Huge.

popular opinion is that when one member of the orignals is left n everyone else is gone, what was orignally percieved as the band is no more.

Edited by marina

And if so? wouldn't change anything. They're grown up, no stupid teenagers. I'm sure they can be in one room without fighting :rolleyes:

[og by the way - what's the signature guidelines? is mine too big?]

Edited by Dani69

but the band never split in 1996. Slash left in 1996, the other members were still in the band and 3 of those guys continued on to the new era of Guns. Rose, Reed, and Huge.

popular opinion is that when one member of the orignals is left n everyone else is gone, what was orignally percieved as the band is no more.

Metal Hammer, not "hip hop" hammer!!!!!! Understand the difference?

Metal Hammer, not "hip hop" hammer!!!!!! Understand the difference?

free to listen to whatever the fuck i want n not be limited to somethin as ridiculous as genre. understand the intention? r u gonna follow me everywhere n make lil comments cuz i like hip hop? guess what, i LOVE hip hop, i think its the most thoroughly orignal music and has made rock look very stale aged n dated in comparison. over to you Mr. Johnny Rotten!!

Tom: "Both you and John have said that you don't want this to have anything to do with rock 'n' roll. Why do you dislike rock 'n' roll so much?"

John: "It's dead. It's a disease. It's a plague. It's been going on for too long. It's history. It's vile. It's not achieving anything, it's just regression. They play rock 'n' roll at airports. It's about as like advanced as it can possibly get!"

Tom: "But there was a . . ."

John: "It's too limited."

Tom: "But there was a time when you didn't feel that way!"

John: "It is too much like a structure, a church."

Tom: "Yeah, but there was . . ."

John: "A religion. A farce."

My brother I have nothing but respect for your die-hard support of the new Guns N' Roses line-up as do I but come on, Paul Huge is a fuckin' schlep! It is of course unfair to lable him with the blame as Axl and Slash's split was a long time coming but he was the catalyst.

Also I don't think Slash and Axl will fight or anything it's just a strange concept to think Slash and Axl might speak to one another.

^^ Poeple, this is music were on about, artistic expression, it is ok to have preferences, you dont take it soo personally and you defo dont insult or discriminate against people have having differant tastes to you, stop being such children and appricate what the artists are trying to do...

You can't buy tickets for the Awards you can only win them.

Unless you're me of course......

I have VIP tickets rock1

At this point, Axl & Slash will NOT both be there. They are both up for awards though.

Guest cherry_bomb
You can't buy tickets for the Awards you can only win them.

Unless you're me of course......

I have VIP tickets rock1

At this point, Axl & Slash will NOT both be there. They are both up for awards though.

yeah, i really hope they dont turn up, cos im gonna feel like a right twat for turning those free tickets down :)

:heart:

im the only one who hates 'Axls_Disillusion'?? plz tell me

Press release

Gee, it would almost be worth flying over there for that event - just to check if it's true.