Axl & Slash to both be at the Metal Hammer Awards?

W. Axl Kev

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While it would be interesting if both Axl and Slash do turn up, I don't expect it to happen.

I wouldn't be suprised if Slash shows up, but Axl?

Well, there's always a first.

Okay I've said it.

Hopefully things will turn out as they invariably do and I'll be proved wrong again.

:anger:

• 1 month later...
free to listen to whatever the fuck i want n not be limited to somethin as ridiculous as genre. understand the intention? r u gonna follow me everywhere n make lil comments cuz i like hip hop? guess what, i LOVE hip hop, i think its the most thoroughly orignal music and has made rock look very stale aged n dated in comparison. over to you Mr. Johnny Rotten!!

If that's true, why have I spent ten years being exposed to people ripping off Michael Jackson and Run DMC? By your logic we wouldn't listen to any music anymore, because EVERYTHING, including hip hop, has been done.

What John is saying is utter cock. It's like saying language is dead. He's a moron. He's just gutted cos he's not as important as he thought. He needs to think that. Hip-hop is the same, it's just music. It's a form of expression, he's the ultimate money whore but he's too stupid to realize.

http://www.modernguitars.com/archives/001923.html
Press release

Source: Gibson Guitar

Epiphone Guitar, part of the Gibson Guitar family of brands, is confirmed as the headline sponsor of the fourth annual Metal Hammer Golden Gods Awards. These awards look set to be the most explosive on the UK calendar when some of the biggest stars from the world of rock and metal go head-to-head.

Koko in London’s Camden Town will host the Metal Hammer Golden Gods which will take place on Monday 12th June 2006 and will see the likes of Guns N’ Roses vocalist Axl Rose and guitarist Slash come face-to-face for the first time since the band split in 1996. Timed to coincide with the end of the Download Festival, the Metal Hammer Golden Gods attracts the attendance of the stars who appear on stage at Donington for one last celebration before heading home.

That would be crazy!?! :shocked:

i swear i would love it if axl and the band perform novemeber rain then slash comes on and they both hug and eveyrone goes mad, then lights go off, sweet child tune kicks in, Slash is there shredding the tunes but then axl says it still isnt a reunion, i would still be happy as hell if slash just performs once with axl

but hey, im allowed to dream

but the band never split in 1996. Slash left in 1996, the other members were still in the band and 3 of those guys continued on to the new era of Guns. Rose, Reed, and Huge.

popular opinion is that when one member of the orignals is left n everyone else is gone, what was orignally percieved as the band is no more.

Metal Hammer, not "hip hop" hammer!!!!!! Understand the difference?

free to listen to whatever the fuck i want n not be limited to somethin as ridiculous as genre. understand the intention? r u gonna follow me everywhere n make lil comments cuz i like hip hop? guess what, i LOVE hip hop, i think its the most thoroughly orignal music and has made rock look very stale aged n dated in comparison. over to you Mr. Johnny Rotten!!

Tom: "Both you and John have said that you don't want this to have anything to do with rock 'n' roll. Why do you dislike rock 'n' roll so much?"

John: "It's dead. It's a disease. It's a plague. It's been going on for too long. It's history. It's vile. It's not achieving anything, it's just regression. They play rock 'n' roll at airports. It's about as like advanced as it can possibly get!"

Tom: "But there was a . . ."

John: "It's too limited."

Tom: "But there was a time when you didn't feel that way!"

John: "It is too much like a structure, a church."

Tom: "Yeah, but there was . . ."

John: "A religion. A farce."

Johnny Rotten is hardly rock n roll anymore, he was on "I'm a Celebrity, Get me out of here". The guy's a sell out, and imo hip hop doesnt make rock look dated, hip hop is pretty old as well, but music doesnt date for me, its timeless if its worth a pinch of salt in the first place