REVIEWS - GN'R Live Madrid 25 May 2006

pattonPwr

Err... this is a review from a Spanish newspaper. I could translate but it's real bad. Basically the fans were very pissed off with the 2 hours delay. They called Axl fat, SOB and they scream they were bored. they also scream for Slash to be back. There is an Axl pic inside if you wanna take a look

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2006/05/26/c...1148610703.html

Fucking bastards.. Axl should of told them fucks to shut the fuck up and stormed off! They do not deserve to be in the presence of greatness! :devil:

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The topic creator sounds like just another crazy fan in my opinion.

So Axl was 2hrs late, so fucking what! Yes it's a slight inconvenience, but 13,000 people or however much it was still got to see him perform!

Your complaining because they used the same set design as the New York shows? Jesus fucking christ, that's a laughable complaint.

Bad sound? you do realise that an outdoor arena is not going to sound the same as an indoor concert hall?

You'd have probably been happier if Axl hadn't showed up at all, then you could have really vented your anger and bitched about Axl as much as you'd have liked to!

Padme, I agree all the same,,,really I enjoyed with the songs, the new LP will be a mass phenomenon I vaticine.. I feel like I would like see them in Bilbao, they have demonstrated never went, always were here

FUCKIn RoSES AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was quite nervous.. can't forget what he said at the beggining of November Rain "i just don't care.. I know i dont like them". C'mon Axl... after havin us wait for you for 2 hours... FU

Ah dude, appreciate your effort, agree with your anger but I'm pretty sure he said something like: "I don't care, THEY don't like ME anyway"

The fact that he said "Punta (puta), I have heard that a lot towards me, punta!" means he had no idea people were so pissed off (and that Axl knows nothing about Spanish haha!).

If you go to a GNR concert, you EXPECT the band to arrive late. Quit you bitching.

I dont expect nothin, I have paid to see the concert in time!!!! Im not the fuckin UN !!!

Fuck offf!!!!!

Spain left the UN? when? :huh:

So Axl was 2hrs late, so fucking what! Yes it's a slight inconvenience, but 13,000 people or however much it was still got to see him perform!

Your complaining because they used the same set design as the New York shows? Jesus fucking christ, that's a laughable complaint.

Bad sound? you do realise that an outdoor arena is not going to sound the same as an indoor concert hall?

You'd have probably been happier if Axl hadn't showed up at all, then you could have really vented your anger and bitched about Axl as much as you'd have liked to!

Very very ignorant and immature.....did you have to get up at 7 this morning?

Quit licking Axl's balls or at least get your head out of his ass! The man does things wrong and there is nothing wrong with admitting that hoping that he improves himself one day.

If you go to a GNR concert, you EXPECT the band to arrive late. Quit you bitching.

Yeah, I agree - but not 2 fucking hours. People will have travelled hundreds of miles to see GNR and many will be dependent on public transport to get home. 30 mins to even an hour is acceptable, even in the world of GNR, but just because this guy is your hero but make him out to be the one in the right. He isn't. These people have had blind faith in Axl for 10 years. Failed tour, after missed deadline and not to mention the ignorant silence. The least he can do is apologise if there are difficulties or make a fucking effort.

You wouldn't accept your best friend or a relation being 2 hours late without good reason. Just cos this man has sold some records he's not the exception to the rule. Lets just remember, he wouldn't even say hello to you if you waited hours outside a show.

Edited by invisible_rose

I agree, he is a topic new crazy fan anyway

PUUUUNNNNKKK ejejje

yes,but 2 hours¡¡¡¡¡¡¡??????this is not usual in spain,but in general for me a bad concert

Well they aint fuckin spanish are they!! How retarded can you be!

Axl has stated himself that when he dies.. on his coffin he should have 'SORRY IM LATE' written on the side.

I dont know how long youve been a GnR fan man but get with it.. its part of the show. Axl cant go on stage and give 100% unless he is physically and mentally ready and then when he is you get the show. What would you rather have your bread half baked or what?

P.S... GnR are well and truely back! :)

Edited by Bullets'N'Petals

yeah,he was late really too much,...I know they are alway late,but for first show I dont think this should happen....deffinetly(sp?) not good thing....not everyone are diehard fans and ready to wait that long...

but they showed up!thats good thing....it could been a lot worse

Guest RonMexico82

yes,but 2 hours¡¡¡¡¡¡¡??????this is not usual in spain,but in general for me a bad concert

Well they aint fuckin spanish are they!! How retarded can you be!

Axl has stated himself that when he dies.. on his coffin he should have 'SORRY IM LATE' written on the side.

I dont know how long youve been a GnR fan man but get with it.. its part of the show. Axl cant go on stage and give 100% unless he is physically and mentally ready and then when he is you get the show. What would you rather have your bread half baked or what?

P.S... GnR are well and truely back! :)

Pull your head out of his ass.

Guest RonMexico82
Fucking bastards.. Axl should of told them fucks to shut the fuck up and stormed off! They do not deserve to be in the presence of greatness! :devil:

Your a dumb shit thats the last thing Axl needs to do.

despite the delay, i heard the show was amazing!! and that axl sounded great. so i dont really know why some people complaines...?! sure i can understand its totaly lame when youre waiting for to hours, but it should have been forgotten when they hit the stage:)

despite the delay, i heard the show was amazing!! and that axl sounded great. so i dont really know why some people complaines...?! sure i can understand its totaly lame when youre waiting for to hours, but it should have been forgotten when they hit the stage:)

2 Hours late is too much guys!

I know that few people had to leave the show before it ended because it was impossible for them to stay longer.....u wait 13 year, i travel, u suffer, u pay the ticket price (40/48 euros is a lot!) and then u have to leave in advance because the show starts 2 hours late.........2 hours not 2 minutes, not 15 minutes, not half an hour...

Hey Axl!!!

It´s okay to be late, but not two hours. After the concert all the train-stations were closed and there were only few cabs and no busses, so I had to walk almost one hour to get home to my hotel. Moreover I had to get up this morning at 06:30 o´clock, because, you know, some people here in Old Europe have to work on friday.

Edited by misch

My review:

Well, what can I say? It's been a hell of a show. I didn't really like the two-hour delay, but the band made it all up to us. If you hear negative reviews from this show, it may have to do with the stigma this band has to carry for the rest of their live than really about the performance we saw tonight. The band put everything they had. It was a 2 and 1/2 hour show, all the hits, the new songs, great sound and Axl in a very good mood...what else you want? well, there are still people who miss Slash and live constanly in the past. That's fine with me, but they will never enjoy this band cause they just can't be open about it.

I'm so thrilled about what I saw tonight. I have no doubt that Axl will have the last laugh. On this note, when you see Axl you know the guy is so confident in what he's doing.- It's like he already knows he is gonna have the last laugh. -

I'm going to be now cause it's 524 am and I'm tired. I'm just gonna add that I met Christos and Mean Machine. We couldn't get to do anything cause they were exhausted and had to catch a plane to Lisbon tomorrow

At last, but not least, if you haven't bought any tickets to any of the upcoming concerts, I don't know what are you waiting for. This has been so fucking worth it.

Have fun at the shows people!!!!!!

That sums it up indeed..rockin

2 Hours late is too much guys!

I know that few people had to leave the show before it ended because it was impossible for them to stay longer.....u wait 13 year, i travel, u suffer, u pay the ticket price (40/48 euros is a lot!) and then u have to leave in advance because the show starts 2 hours late.........2 hours not 2 minutes, not 15 minutes, not half an hour...

Hey Axl!!!

i agree, its about time this guy relised its his fans who made him who he is and gave him everything he has, so he should make the effort to be on time, and all this "its gnr you expect them to be late" pish is why he gets away with it, iv been a fan almost since the begining and iv seen them a few times, lucky for me they were on time, i dont think id have waited on them for 2 hours

Very very ignorant and immature.....did you have to get up at 7 this morning?

Quit licking Axl's balls or at least get your head out of his ass! The man does things wrong and there is nothing wrong with admitting that hoping that he improves himself one day.

You do know the meaning of the words ignorant and immature, do you? I realise you're probably struggling with the language barrier, but still....

I find it amusing that you think my post was immature, but then go on to tell me to "quit licking Axl's balls or take my head out of his ass"..... yup, that's very original, and mature...

So you think my head is up Axl's ass because I havn't condemned him for being late or what? I'm not saying Axl has a right to be late, but he is well known for being late to gigs, so I would have at least been expecting some sort of delay in them taking the stage, but all would have been forgotten once they took the stage and delivered a rockin set. A lot of you seem to be completely blinded by the fact that they took to the stage 2hrs late, regardless of how good the actual performance was, you're not really interested in that, you're only interested in hurling abuse at Axl.

I was at the Leeds gig in 2002 and I'm pretty sure the band were really late in taking to the stage, but I have no recollection of that really, all I remember from that night was the amazing performance from the band.

P.S. I posted at 9:55am, not 7am, so no, I really didn't have to get up at 7.

Edited by DCK82

I was there, backstage by the way, and here's how I see it:

-band arrived late in a van and a hummer (deluxe cars?)

-THE SOUND.Sound was quite bad, bass far too loud, sometimes you couldn't even hear the guitar or Axl's voice. The need a good sound tech guy there. I talked to promoters and all and the answer was that this time the band doesn't bring its own stage and equipment. Besides instruments and amps (and some effects) the rest has been provided by the promoters. And in my opinion someone messed up that part.(4/10)

-THE (NEW) BAND. Besides that, which is not their fault, the band rocked. Specialy Robin who I think really won the public. Some solos where a bit off and sometimes 3 guitars are too many BUT they will get the hang of it. Another bad thing is that when they songs like November Rain or Some of the new ones, you can clearly see they need more instruments on stage. Those songs are too complex to just play on guitar and drums. The effects (except for Madi) weren't there and the new songs sounded a little empty in my opinion.(9/10)

-AXL. He was there (late). Motivated. In a good mood. And with voice in shape. I beleive he will do even better as the tour develops and he starts to get a little more in shape that he is right now (8/10)

-THE SOLOS. There were too many, true, and some of them a little boring (even though i still remember those hateful Sorum solos). But the reason is Axl needs to catch his breath every 3-4 songs. Another artist would just stand and not move so he doesn't get tired but Axl moved around like always... 14 years later. And again, like I said before, he will improve as the tour develops. (5/10)

-THE PUBLIC. I was a little amazed by 2 things:

*it seems Internet hasn't arrived in Spain because 99% of the public didn't know ANY of the new songs, so they just stood there and watched. And like I said, some of the new songs sounded quite bad. For example. Better sucked big time and it's great song.

*The age and profile. 90% of the people were over 30 or 35 and, to say the least, not really the image you would expect from a Heavy Metal fan (i even saw Ralph Lauren Shirts lol). That means that they will move less. i'm sure that most would have rather sat down. But not at all because the show sucked, but because you grow old and being pushed around, stepped on, etc just isn't what you want anymore. (6/10)

So in conclusion, not THE greatest show in time but quite good. Wasn't the best because of sound problems. The band AND Axl need a little more touring to get in the perfect fit.

One more thing, Spanish critics are lame, mediocre, bad informed and, to say it in the kindest possible way, a BUNCH OF UN PROFESSIONAL ASSHOLES.

Cheers

PS- Guess who I was with at an aftershow private party?