REVIEWS - GN'R Live Madrid 25 May 2006

pattonPwr

that was a cool review, well said Manolo.

I agree; thanks Manuel!!

Someone should have told the crowd it was a rock concert and not a soccer match. No need to riot or throw shit. I guess we should all be glad there weren't any urine-bombs being tossed around.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id b pist to wait 2 hours. first 10 is kinda late for a concert then have him 2 hours late. i dont no about u but im pretty tired even at a concert at midnite. axl really should get better at gettin there. i mean he doesnt have much room to b late. if CD was release and they've beeen on tour for a couple of months that would b different, but come on axl do u still want to have a fan base?

I agree that when you go to a gnr gigs, you have to expect them to be late but hey, two hours late is fuck*ng to much.

While i agree that two hours is a long time to wait - for any band. There could be circumstances surrounding the delay that we don't know about. There could well have been techincal problems - and if there were then i think a delay is understandable.

While two hours is a long time - i'd wait all night.

R.

You may well wait all night, if you knew he was going to show. These people did not. They had no idea if GNR would play. 2 hours...time is ticking. The fact is people keep making excuses for Axl, but its about time he actually respected his fans. This stems way deeper than just being late for a show.

After you waited all night, would you accept it if he didnt show? No...Thought not. These people had no idea if there was going to be a gig or not. Also, if there were technical problems why didn't Axl or anyone else for that matter appologise?

This has to be one of the worst reviews I have personally ever read. Yes it is unbiased but seriously the bottom line is if Axl wants to be succesful he has to get his vocals in shape and he cant be showing up late for concerts left and right. Its unneccesary for him to be showing up two hours late. If he was showing up two hours late and there was nobodies lives in danger then that would be fine, but you guys have to realize when Axl is late he puts thousands of peoples lives in danger. He needs to show up on time if hes interested in gaining the status of what GNR use to be. He is insulting the label of GNR himself because he is giving them a bad image. Axl needs to show up on time, release the cd this fall and show up to every show. That is the only way Axl is going to be back. But dont sit there and say that it was one of the best concerts you've ever been to (unless your concert going isnt that great) but im sure out of the dozen bands you have seen out of 12 one of those bands were better than what you saw last night. Good effort on the review but your just stating the obvious.

Well...i totally agree with you...i dont give a damn if his name is Axl Rose or shithole...he should put forth a little more effort to make sure this kind stuff doesnt happen! All of us know he could at least be a little more on time, hours just doesnt get it.

People who attend concerts these days expect everything to be on schedule, they expect it to be perfect, right on time, no problems, no suprises nothing special. Axl doesnt exist in that world, he is still back in the late 80s/early 90s when he could do anything he wanted. To a certain degree that is true, he can still do that, i dont know how but he can. He has managed to resist corporate monsters that have tried to force him to put out a record, he has squeezed $13 million out of them, had a failed tour.... somehow managed to convince Clear Channel to again finance/support this tour. The guy doesnt seem to have any limits, he is doing what he wants, when he wants to do it

Whether you like it or not thats just the way it works, thats the way it has always worked and i doubt things will ever change. I admit that it was not the best way to start off the tour, i would have been pissed off, waiting there for 2 hours...... i was annoyed at the NY show and i wasnt waiting nearly aslong as any of the Spanish fans.

As far as im concerned tomorrow will be make or break. Bad Spanish reviews arent going to mean anything in the grand scheme of things, its just one show and it sounds like the band did an ok job, its only the first date. Tomorrow they are performing in front of the entire world. Axl knows this, which is why he will be on time, he knows that this is the one date on the entire tour where he really has to proove that he is worth all the shit he has put people through!

Its going to be good, i know it will!

Jonx

First of all, sorry for my english, I will try to express myself as well as I can.

For my the last night was a disappointment. I was impatient to saw again Axl and listen again this fuckin sacred songs going out from the mouth of one of his their creators of this GREAT music.

For mi GNR are a very important band in my life. I follow him since 1987, I could see them in 1993 and throughout the years they have always accompanied me in my life, as to many of you, I mean.

Tonight I can't belive in (N)GNR, and today it is difficult to me to keep believing in Axl. 2 HOURS waiting Mr.Rose!!! that was unacceptable, for Axl or any other, I think that in the past Axl did not need to prove ANYTHING to anybody, and he could 1 hour, 2 hours or almost anything. But now I think that he must prove respect for the people that has belived in him these last years, and many more things, mainly in the stage... .. this not this well!!!! But tonight I can not saw a real GNR good show, I think Axl was good in voice, was good in his look, and was correct in genreal ( a part of delay) but I can belive in this band, they are not GUNS AND ROSES, I know that this is one of the Big discussion between people that love and loved GNR, but for my yesterday was CLEAR, it's not credible, GNR was died in early 90'. The classics songs sound without the magic of the past, the new band, in my opinion, are one " they want and they can not", and for my are simple interprets, anymore.

Apart of it, the show of Madrid was correct, i'ts nice to see AXL again, in form. It's good to listen the old songs, but is not the same. For my the new songs are more bad than good "mediocre" more than 10 years for THIS???, I wish that if this year appears "Chinese Democracy" :scared: it will be a good album but I do not have confidence in it, sorry.

Maybe it had been better that AXL did not use the name GNR, and he do like their "older friends", Slash, Duff & Co. Another band, another songs ..... (I don' like much more VR, but I think is more worthy, sorry again),

On the other hand I'm very happy for the real fans that they love the NGNR, they are BACK, and it seems true. Maybe I envy you, because you can enjoy with one of the best frontmen of the history of Rock, sining historic songs, in front of you, but I can't felt nothing, yesterday. :(

By the way, I'm ever will love GNR, but not will be the same, :(:o

I am going to fall asleep, I take 1300 Km, I have slept 1 hour only, and I have worked all the day :sleeper:

Regards.

I appreciate the honest review of the show, as opposed to the reviews I expcected from the die-hards

ie: "Oh my god, this show was so awesome, Axl started off with "Jungle", later he sang "Patience", it was like so totally awesome and shit"

you know, shit like that.

Oh well, I wish I could have seen it. Axl won't come any where close to my town. Hope you enjoyed it.

i kinda feel for these people that got let down. I know ill be shattered when i see guns if they are crap. I worship Axl and if i get let down it will kill me.

2 hours late is just dangerous, 15 minutes to half n hour to get crowd on edge is ok but 2 hours just makes the crowd angry and tired. Then ive heard reports that the band was joking amoungst themselves... this is just unprofessional and i thought Axl prided himself on being a brilliant showman.

Come on Axl,, For all of us fans who stood by you, Play with your heart or dont play at all. Im sorry but i feel bad for this poor guy who travelled so far to see his idol.

Peace

l dont care about the stage too much l care how they sound and kl have listened some songs and some clips from spain and they sound alot better than in new york l mean you couldn't listen to axl singing in the first 2 songs because all of us were screaming like crazies ;)

Look, this may sound harsh, but it needs to be said.

If you have made it this far with the guy, up to an including buying a ticket to see the band *IN 2006*...you pretty much have to get the hell over "how can he use the name/this isn't Guns N' Roses".

If this was that big a problem for you, you shouldn't have gone. It wasn't like Slash quit yesterday. He quit 10 fucking years ago.

And if you chose to hang on to the longest of longshots that Axl was going to show up with the old band, you set yourself up to be disappointed.

If you have made it this far with the guy, up to an including buying a ticket to see the band *IN 2006*...you pretty much have to get the hell over "how can he use the name/this isn't Guns N' Roses".

If this was that big a problem for you, you shouldn't have gone. It wasn't like Slash quit yesterday. He quit 10 fucking years ago.

And if you chose to hang on to the longest of longshots that Axl was going to show up with the old band, you set yourself up to be disappointed.

I agree on that.

Buying a ticket is just like buying a car. You figure out what you can expect from it and the you decide whether you are going to buy it or not. Once you bought it, stop bitching.

Sorry dudes, lousy comparison. I hope the idea is clear

For those who doesn't know why Axl is always late to the shows.

Read this. B)

I pretty much follow my internal clock,

and i perform better later at night.

Nothing seems to work out for me until later

at night. And it is our show.

I don't want to make people sit around and

wait..It drives me nuts.That hour and a half

or two hour time period that i'm late on the

on stage is living hell,because i'm wishing there was

any way on earth i could get out of where i am and knowing

i'm not going to be able to make it.

I'm late to everything,i've always wanted to have it writing in my

will that when i die,the coffin shoes up a half hour late and says on the side,

like in gold,"SORRY I'M LATE". rock3

Axl,April 1992. :heart:

I agree on that.

Buying a ticket is just like buying a car. You figure out what you can expect from it and the you decide whether you are going to buy it or not. Once you bought it, stop bitching.

Sorry dudes, lousy comparison. I hope the idea is clear

I don't think its a lousy comparison at all.

When you buy ANYTHING, its genrally a good rule of thumb to know what you are buying. Its hardly been a big secret that the old band is no more. Maybe, MAYBE I could see "I feel ripped off" argument in 2002. But if you haven't caught on now...4 YEARS LATER...I don't know what to tell you.

^WTF mate? :rofl-lol:

Nice review...I enjoyed reading it :)

Personally, I wouldn't care if the band was late or not because its GN'FR but I can see how some of the 'less obsessive' fans could be pissed off because of that. And no, it's not 1991 anymore, but it still is Axl Rose and I don't think even all the time in the world can ever change that motherfucker :heart:

I only wish I coulda been there.

Hi all, I was there too.

Well, it was the best concert I´ve ever been. I can´t even explain all the emotions I felt when Axl & co. finally took the stage. The first riffs of wttj and that legendary cry " Do you know where the fuck you aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrre"...I went nuts.

It was vey cool, Axl sounded awesome and powerful and the dudes in the band were awesome too, I loved the piano intro Dizzy played before The Blues, awesome!! I loved the joke Axl said at the beginning when he said he was the boss and his name was "El Matador" :D .

When they played KOHD he was going to tell us to sing but he didn´t have to because the audience was singing it all the time and he just said " Yea, you get the idea". I was anxious for them to play my beautiful November Rain :wub: , at the end of it , it started a rain of fire, beautiful! Bt it was not NR the song which made me emotion the most, it was The Blues and I don´t know why but I just was about to cry...and the people around me looked at me in a strange way because I was the only one singing the lyrics :xmasssanta: .

People went nuts with the hits but I don´t know if I´m the only one but I had the impression that the people there were a bit indifferent when they played the leaks.They also complained because there was no comunion with the audience, that Axl was not very talkative and didn´t stimulate/encourage the crowd.

And yes, the assholes. They need an extra chapter. I´ll NEVER understand the people who spend their money in a ticket and go to the concert just to insult the band/singer. It would be better if they didn´t go. There were a lot of people calling Axl "hijo de puta" (son of the bitch), "gordo" (fat) and a lot more I´m not going to repeat. I just don´t understand that attitude , it´s just stupid anf moronic!

Some drunk people were angry because of the delay and started to throw seats and plastic bottles, some even started to leave the concert because they said/thought Axl was not coming...but deep down inside I KNEW he was coming. I had listened to the sound checks in the evening and he was there and some of us were just WOW!! And I thought...What the fuck? I´ve been waiting 13 long fucking years, what´s two more hours?

Anyways, it was one of the most beautiful and emotional days of my life. I will never forget it, my first GNR concert and I cross fingers not to be the last one. :heart::heart: