brutal review from El Mundo (big spanish newspaper)

Speed Stone

i used a translation website but you should be able to grasp the jist of it. harsh. :confused:

MADRID.- almost 14 years ago, thousands of fans of Guns n' Roses remained with an entrance in the hand and all their illusions (far from using them, as asked in their title the mythical double album of the band, 'Use your Illusion') they were degraded al rhythm of the aluminosis of the Stadium Vicente Cauldron. Many today have tried to be retaliated; few will have obtained it, judging by the concert offered by the group, or, better said, for which remains of him.

Axl Rose and their followers, a band formed by former components of groups of certain prestige, but that shine more well little in the shadow of the one that was mythical leader of the Guns n' Roses —and not exactly by their brilliance— they have offered a concert in which, in spite of interspersing some of the classics of the Californian group with new themes of the album 'Chinese Democracy' (that in Rose carries 11 years working without achieving that see the light), they have not obtained that the public of Madrid entered heat, and that that arrived predispuesto.

Clearly that the two hours behind schedule respect al hourly original (Rose, which Ashen, only has deigned to leave to scene when the clock marked already the 0.00 hours) have done to appear the first yawns among the present public in the audience of the Park Juan Carlos I of Madrid, besides some that another shout of "children of prostitute", with the one that have been received to their exit al. And also they have carried to some to start the chairs of the steps. And to throw beers al singer. Was not more than the principle.

And that that the harmonious of 'Welcome to the jungle', one of the 'hymns' of the 'Gunners', they have marked a beginning of a concert that, despite al delay, still could leave track in the memory of the presents, above all when subsequently they have sounded two themes more than 'Appetite for destruction', the first and better disk of the Guns n' Roses: 'It' s I am easy' and 'Mr. Brownstone'

Would arrive later 'Live and let die', the version 'sugarcane' of the song of Paul McCartney. The public threw away al rhythm of an unexpressive one Axl Rose, that to blow of 'botox' has managed to lose every expression in its face and to resemble one of those statues of the Madam Tussaud, concluded by an incipient baldness that the singer takes refuge after some rastas that begin enough beyond the front. The years do not forgive.

Neither to their fans, that, given the hours and keeping in mind that many work this Friday, they yawned without stopping. And the fact is that to advance a concert from Sunday to Thursday, even when is one of the unique two that Guns n' Roses will offer in Spain, is dish of good flavor for nobody. And less if do not you live in Madrid.

After the subidón of adrenaline caused by the four first fear, the band decided to relax the spirits interpreting one of the themes of 'Chinese Democracy'. Before the tedium that the theme, like the others of the disk —enough 'blanditos'— has caused in the personnel, have been various the ones that have encouraged to occupy the time in 'to exhort' to Axl Rose with shouts of "fat" and asking the return of Slash, the mythical guitarist of the band that abandoned, pushed by the complicated character of that of star' Axl.

When the thing was complicated, they have begun to sound the harmonious of 'Sweet Child Of Mine', one of them fear flag of Guns n' Roses, for subsequently give free rein to the version of the 'Knockin' on Heaven' s Door' of Bob Dylan. The personnel began to be heated... in vain. Subsequently, guitarist and bassist have determined to be marked some alone that more well would be able to have reserved for their meetings of friends. Nevertheless, they have fixed it most minimum with 'You could be mine', one of the few themes that have interpreted of the album 'Use Your Illusion'.

Subsequently, the Gunners have determined to offer a demonstration of those instrumental abilities that would be a lot better if never you left of a meeting of colleagues. The yawns and the shouts of "that I bore me" they have done little notch in the morale of the group, that, after endless minutes of harmonious of jazz and ballads, has determined to interpret 'Out Ta Get Me'.

Little permeable to the criticisms, they have returned to the load with the alone of guitar, for which they have earned itself more than one shout of "you are Not Slash" and "does Not leave him, coño". In spite of interspersing between alone and alone 'November Rain', one of the mythical ballads of the band, the annoyance of the public has been on the rise, and the fact is that neither the artificial fires that have accompanied the concert have managed to dissemble the shameful spectacle on the setting of the fair precinct.

Before such impatience, the 'Gunners' they have dared themselves with 'My Michelle', another of the songs of the 'Appetite', with 'Patience', one of the ballads 'flag' of the band and the unique one that have interpreted of 'Bundle', their second disk, and with 'Nightrain'.

From there, the concert has unchained in a sequence of alone little talentosos that neither the interpretation of the 'Paradise City' has managed to erase of the mind of the public. The same public that has paid between 40 and 48 euro by seeing the Guns n' Roses —or more well the little thing that remains of them— in direct.

Nevertheless, the concert —certainly, the first one of their world tour— has contributed several interesting things to those fans that in 1992 they remained with the entrance in the hand and without seeing the Guns n' Roses.

The first one, that remains shown that the 'soul mater' of the band was Izzy Stradlin, that keyboardist, composer and friend of Axl Rose that him did not endure more. Two, and however much stave, that the groups have a cycle. They begin, they devastate and they should finish when they are in the higher. Three, we do us greater and the patience is finished us. The ways of star of Axl Rose time ago that turn out to be pathetic us.

Guns “N” Roses, with the charismatic and outlandish Axl Rose like only original member of the group that at the end of the Eighties was able to vindicate for the great masses a rough rock, declining and urban, offered yesterday in Madrid a concert decaffeinated where they demonstrated to be dinosaurios in free fall. After four performances in the United States, previous to the European tour that the band has initiated in the capital of Spain, Axl in its nth attempt to appear again of ashes to Guns “N” Roses was received by near 10,000 people who jammed the gauging of the Audience Park Juan Carlos I.

The most staunch followers of the singer did not scrimp in saliva to adore to a myth that seems lost in being to itself, whereas a minority dispatched to taste with qualifying grotescos like “farcical” or “imposter-egocéntrico”, insults that one hour before the beginning of the spectacle seemed soeces and outside place. Those qualifying ones became true puyas when after two hours of delay the group had still not jumped to the scene, situation that heated the public, who dedicated itself to take seats and to throw objects to the scene while they insulted to Axl Rose. They were enough agreed of Welcome to the Jungle to return to the calm and finally to initiate a recital that lasted two hours. It's under Easy and Mr. Browstone preceded to Live and Let Die, version of a composition of Paul McCartney.

Too many parones After a good unnecessary beginning parones arrived first from many and. Boring a single one executed by one of the three guitarists who form the excessive establishment of musicians with whom Axl seems to want to fill an irreplaceable emptiness - Slash-, preceded to Sweet Child O' Mine, coreada with passion by the there present ones. Rose, who appeared with glasses of sun, cattle tenders, and the hair gathered in a coleta, underwent a new bassoon with the putting in scene of an eternal and future subject of his new disc, that took step to a single one of keyboard, that connected with November Rain. Chinese Democracy and the version of the song of Christina Aguilera, Beautiful, preceded to a new one to wake up of the public, who with My Michelle again returned to vibrate, although soon was calmed with the captivating Patience. Paradise City, closed the night.

Perhaps Axl Rose has certain fault of dispersed that his group suffered definitively in 1993 and of that still not has known to raise head, as it demonstrates the passage of the thirteen long years in which its hoped new disc Chinese Democracy has not finished, of that today offered a appetizer when interpreting five of his songs. And it is that the musicians who today replaced Steve Adler, Slash, Izzy Stradlin and Duff McKagan - members that recorded the huge for Appetitte Destruction in 1987 - managed to recreate the subjects of Guns “N” Roses, but with a little comparable attitude to the one of that cyclone that in the Eighties was made call Guns “N” Roses. What it happened in Madrid in May of 2006 has another name: “Axels Roses”.

Here you are the review from "el pais"

The problems: (what's keeping people from forgetting about Slash & Duff)

- Axl and the new band didn't hold a press conference announcing the European tour. So the casual fan doesn't know what version of the band is gonna show up.

- Footage from the 92-93 GnR shows were used in advertisements for the Europe gigs. Slash & Duff were prominently shown.

- Slash & Duff were shown alongside Axl in posters promoting the gigs.

- the new album isn't out yet.

- no images of the new band were used on merchandise or in the press to promote the European tour. So I honestly believed a lot of fans in Madrid thought they were going to see the 1993 version of Guns N Roses of 1993 (with Slash). And since Axl's rarely been seen since that time he probably did look a lot different.

GnR wall of silence continues to hamstring them.

Axl needs to let fans around the world get to know this great new band.

And quit using footage and pics from 13 years ago (feat Slash & Duff) to promote these new gigs. Considering this band looks nothing like the 1993 GnR.

The problems: (what's keeping people from forgetting about Slash & Duff)

- Axl and the new band didn't hold a press conference announcing the European tour. So the casual fan doesn't know what version of the band is gonna show up.

- Footage from the 92-93 GnR shows were used in advertisements for the Europe gigs. Slash & Duff were prominently shown.

- Slash & Duff were shown alongside Axl in posters promoting the gigs.

- the new album isn't out yet.

- no images of the new band were used on merchandise or in the press to promote the European tour. So I honestly believed a lot of fans in Madrid thought they were going to see the 1993 version of Guns N Roses of 1993 (with Slash). And since Axl's rarely been seen since that time he probably did look a lot different.

GnR wall of silence continues to hamstring them.

Axl needs to let fans around the world get to know this great new band.

And quit using footage and pics from 13 years ago (feat Slash & Duff) to promote these new gigs. Considering this band looks nothing like the 1993 GnR.

very good post, i agree. i also fear that, crazy as it may sound to us, alot of europeans who don't follow gnr boards/sites expect to see the old band due to ignorance and poor promotion, which is a shame seeing as this new band kicks so much ass. we'll just have see how the rest of europe goes... it's gonna be especially interesting to see how countries like poland and hungary and the checz republic will receive then... anyone have any clue how well those shows have sold?

Edited by Speed Stone

alright, why in the fuck would anyone go to a gn'r concert just to yell at Axl and chant for Slash. For gods sake, the original band broke up years ago, and I'm sure that even if the fans didn't check the internet, they should know that.

Now I don't know why pictures of the original guns would be used in advertising - thats a dumb move IMO, but who knows why.

I was at three Hammerstein shows, these guys put on a Hell of a show and if anyone can't see that they are fucking dumb.

I don't care if slash or duff or whomever ever comes back, this is Guns N' Roses, and people have to accept it.

on a lighter note, i'm pumped for RIR over the net, should be great!

edit: oh, and by the way, i supposed this is a fat-botox-faced-44-year-old that is unable to make facial expressions or w/e they said, right?? :rolleyes:

1148610703_g_0.jpg

GUNS N' ROSES ARE BACK!

Edited by jc524

alright, why in the fuck would anyone go to a gn'r concert just to yell at Axl and chant for Slash. For gods sake, the original band broke up years ago, and I'm sure that even if the fans didn't check the internet, they should know that.

Now I don't know why pictures of the original guns would be used in advertising - thats a dumb move IMO, but who knows why.

I was at three Hammerstein shows, these guys put on a Hell of a show and if anyone can't see that they are fucking dumb.

I don't care if slash or duff or whomever ever comes back, this is Guns N' Roses, and people have to accept it.

I think ads like this are what confuse a lot of fans...

It's an ad for the show in Poland that shows old footage w Duff, Izzy and Steven Alder.

http://rapidshare.de/files/18086984/GNR_PR...HTRAIN.mpg.html

So people probably think they're going to see a reunion of the late 80's lineup.

They should use footage from the 2002 shows (minus Buckethead) to promote the shows.

Never a good idea to deceive fans who are paying a lot of money to see your artist.

I think ads like this are what confuse a lot of fans...

It's an ad for the show in Poland that shows old footage w Duff, Izzy and Steven Alder.

http://rapidshare.de/files/18086984/GNR_PR...HTRAIN.mpg.html

So people probably think they're going to see a reunion of the late 80's lineup.

They should use footage from the 2002 shows (minus Buckethead) to promote the shows.

Never a good idea to deceive fans who are paying a lot of money to see your artist.

ya that is stupid, but i guess they only had music video footage - i don't know :unsure:

on a lighter note, i'm pumped for RIR over the net, should be great!

edit: oh, and by the way, i supposed this is a fat-botox-faced-44-year-old that is unable to make facial expressions or w/e they said, right?? :rolleyes:

1148610703_g_0.jpg

GUNS N' ROSES ARE BACK!

AMEN TO YOU!

Rose, who appeared with glasses of sun, cattle tenders, and the hair gathered in a coleta, underwent a new bassoon with the putting in scene of an eternal and future

"The Glasses of sun?" :rofl-lol: " A new Bassoon"? :huh::rofl-lol:

i used a translation website but you should be able to grasp the jist of it. harsh. :confused:

MADRID.- almost 14 years ago, thousands of fans of Guns n' Roses remained with an entrance in the hand and all their illusions (far from using them, as asked in their title the mythical double album of the band, 'Use your Illusion') they were degraded al rhythm of the aluminosis of the Stadium Vicente Cauldron. Many today have tried to be retaliated; few will have obtained it, judging by the concert offered by the group, or, better said, for which remains of him.

Axl Rose and their followers, a band formed by former components of groups of certain prestige, but that shine more well little in the shadow of the one that was mythical leader of the Guns n' Roses —and not exactly by their brilliance— they have offered a concert in which, in spite of interspersing some of the classics of the Californian group with new themes of the album 'Chinese Democracy' (that in Rose carries 11 years working without achieving that see the light), they have not obtained that the public of Madrid entered heat, and that that arrived predispuesto.

Clearly that the two hours behind schedule respect al hourly original (Rose, which Ashen, only has deigned to leave to scene when the clock marked already the 0.00 hours) have done to appear the first yawns among the present public in the audience of the Park Juan Carlos I of Madrid, besides some that another shout of "children of prostitute", with the one that have been received to their exit al. And also they have carried to some to start the chairs of the steps. And to throw beers al singer. Was not more than the principle.

And that that the harmonious of 'Welcome to the jungle', one of the 'hymns' of the 'Gunners', they have marked a beginning of a concert that, despite al delay, still could leave track in the memory of the presents, above all when subsequently they have sounded two themes more than 'Appetite for destruction', the first and better disk of the Guns n' Roses: 'It' s I am easy' and 'Mr. Brownstone'

Would arrive later 'Live and let die', the version 'sugarcane' of the song of Paul McCartney. The public threw away al rhythm of an unexpressive one Axl Rose, that to blow of 'botox' has managed to lose every expression in its face and to resemble one of those statues of the Madam Tussaud, concluded by an incipient baldness that the singer takes refuge after some rastas that begin enough beyond the front. The years do not forgive.

Neither to their fans, that, given the hours and keeping in mind that many work this Friday, they yawned without stopping. And the fact is that to advance a concert from Sunday to Thursday, even when is one of the unique two that Guns n' Roses will offer in Spain, is dish of good flavor for nobody. And less if do not you live in Madrid.

After the subidón of adrenaline caused by the four first fear, the band decided to relax the spirits interpreting one of the themes of 'Chinese Democracy'. Before the tedium that the theme, like the others of the disk —enough 'blanditos'— has caused in the personnel, have been various the ones that have encouraged to occupy the time in 'to exhort' to Axl Rose with shouts of "fat" and asking the return of Slash, the mythical guitarist of the band that abandoned, pushed by the complicated character of that of star' Axl.

When the thing was complicated, they have begun to sound the harmonious of 'Sweet Child Of Mine', one of them fear flag of Guns n' Roses, for subsequently give free rein to the version of the 'Knockin' on Heaven' s Door' of Bob Dylan. The personnel began to be heated... in vain. Subsequently, guitarist and bassist have determined to be marked some alone that more well would be able to have reserved for their meetings of friends. Nevertheless, they have fixed it most minimum with 'You could be mine', one of the few themes that have interpreted of the album 'Use Your Illusion'.

Subsequently, the Gunners have determined to offer a demonstration of those instrumental abilities that would be a lot better if never you left of a meeting of colleagues. The yawns and the shouts of "that I bore me" they have done little notch in the morale of the group, that, after endless minutes of harmonious of jazz and ballads, has determined to interpret 'Out Ta Get Me'.

Little permeable to the criticisms, they have returned to the load with the alone of guitar, for which they have earned itself more than one shout of "you are Not Slash" and "does Not leave him, coño". In spite of interspersing between alone and alone 'November Rain', one of the mythical ballads of the band, the annoyance of the public has been on the rise, and the fact is that neither the artificial fires that have accompanied the concert have managed to dissemble the shameful spectacle on the setting of the fair precinct.

Before such impatience, the 'Gunners' they have dared themselves with 'My Michelle', another of the songs of the 'Appetite', with 'Patience', one of the ballads 'flag' of the band and the unique one that have interpreted of 'Bundle', their second disk, and with 'Nightrain'.

From there, the concert has unchained in a sequence of alone little talentosos that neither the interpretation of the 'Paradise City' has managed to erase of the mind of the public. The same public that has paid between 40 and 48 euro by seeing the Guns n' Roses —or more well the little thing that remains of them— in direct.

Nevertheless, the concert —certainly, the first one of their world tour— has contributed several interesting things to those fans that in 1992 they remained with the entrance in the hand and without seeing the Guns n' Roses.

The first one, that remains shown that the 'soul mater' of the band was Izzy Stradlin, that keyboardist, composer and friend of Axl Rose that him did not endure more. Two, and however much stave, that the groups have a cycle. They begin, they devastate and they should finish when they are in the higher. Three, we do us greater and the patience is finished us. The ways of star of Axl Rose time ago that turn out to be pathetic us.

Say what?.. :unsure:

fuck this newspaper.. is full of shit.. I hate tabloids!

I read this in its original language (cuz frankly you can't understand shit with the translator lol) and it's so pathetic that it's even funny.. not a good source to consider if you're looking to unbiased objective facts about last night.. whoever wrote that knows shit about the new band and bitches cuz they think it's cooler that way.. fuck them!

really shitty review, and what's worse, other countries are starting to quote that article to showcase a bad image of the band without even knowing how was the actual gig cuz they weren't there!

I'm from Argentina, and today some pathetic news channel quoted this article word by word which made me so mad, cuz it ain't true and it's a big misconception of what really was last night! they kept on quoting how the fans shouted "son of a bitch" and "fat" and kept criticizing Axl's new look.. WTF??? not even a word about the music! who cares about the look?

and yeah, the band was late, and the crowd gave Axl shit because of that.. but it was only a part of what went through.. they keep highlighting the bad things and forget about the more important things like his voice and the actual songs! which I can't believe were that bad.. I actually heard some clips and I think Axl was in good shape!

how unfair is all this.. they could have quoted hundreds of great reviews form the NYC shows, yet they decide to take the bad one..

fucking periodists.. they know shit, but they think they are being cool putting themselves above the band when in reality people who knows better know they are making a fool of themselves..

they couldn't even spell Axl's name right!! they wrote "Axel" :rolleyes:

Edited by angel of music

fuck this newspaper.. is full of shit.. I hate tabloids!

I read this in its original language (cuz frankly you can't understand shit with the translator lol) and it's so pathetic that it's even funny.. not a good source to consider if you're looking to unbiased objective facts about last night.. whoever wrote that knows shit about the new band and bitches cuz they think it's cooler that way.. fuck them!

really shitty review, and what's worse, other countries are starting to quote that article to showcase a bad image of the band without even knowing how was the actual gig cuz they weren't there!

I'm from Argentina, and today some pathetic news channel quoted this article word by word which made me so mad, cuz it ain't true and it's a big misconception of what really was last night! they kept on quoting how the fans shouted "son of a bitch" and "fat" and kept criticizing Axl's new look.. WTF??? not even a word about the music! who cares about the look?

and yeah, the band was late, and the crowd gave Axl shit because of that.. but it was only a part of what went through.. they keep highlighting the bad things and forget about the more important things like his voice and the actual songs! which I can't believe were that bad.. I actually heard some clips and I think Axl was in good shape!

how unfair is all this.. they could have quoted hundreds of great reviews form the NYC shows, yet they decide to take the bad one..

fucking periodists.. they know shit, but they think they are being cool putting themselves above the band when in reality people who knows better know they are making a fool of themselves..

they couldn't even spell Axl's name right!! they wrote "Axel" :rolleyes:

idiots. who needs them anyway, they don't know shit. stupid fucks.

"children of prostitute"

The right word that was being said was S.O.B. The trasnlator doesnt do the job right. I know which article you refer to.

Plus, explanations will be given out later as well.

I always thought that when one gets Botox that for the first couple of hours one can not make any facial expressions like that. That's the only thought I knew about that. Hmmm. Ok. I guess not than.

Well, well, well, what a show!!! whatt a night!!! The band was amazing, Axl is god. In a split second all the rednecks that yelled "Son of a bitch" were silenced by "Welcome to the jungle". The songs from "Appetite for destruction" sounded incredible, like if they were made to destroy buildings!, and the new ones were amazing, "Chinese democracy" was one of my favourite moments of the night. Shivers down my spine when they played "November rain" and "There was a time". Great, great show, I´m still head over heels because of this show. And yeah we had to wait for 2 hours and after the concert get the car and drive for 3 hours to our town, but it didn´t matter. Hope to see them again in Bilbao in July!

The critics in Spain tend to be extremely SUBJECTIVE and in most of the cases very uninformed and they´ve shown it pretty clear with these critics.

Axl has never had a good image for these critics, even in the past when Axl and co were on top of the world Axl was bashed and he rarely had a good review from them. I agree with the fact that the ones who made the promotion did a shitty promotion of the concert, using old pics of the old band...etc. BUT those critics and journalists didn´t even bother to do a good research, they did use pics of the band from 1992/3 :rolleyes: when they could have got a hundred pics of Axl and the new band just making a simple research in internet.

A lot of people in the concert were in their thirties and did n´t even know Slash & co had left the band ten years ago,even when we were waiting outside the auditorium we could listen to the band while rehearsing and when they played Madagascar or the blues they were like :monkey: . During the concert I was the only one singing the new songs and they looked at me in a strange way because for most of them it was the first time they heard those songs.

Most of the people were expecting the Axl from 1992, most of them didn´t even know about Axl´s new look!! and that´s one of the reasons why a lot of people were disappointed. And something that really pissed me off was that when we were waiting for the doors to open I heard the typical comments like " Axl is crazy, he´s violent" and all kind of insults and critics and some people even mocking him... and then they call themselves fans :rolleyes: .

It seems like for a lot of people internet doesn´t exist and they were totally uninformed. The press here is stuck with the view they have of the band from 1992 and that´s what they transmit and that´s the kind of info or lack of it that people have.

I personally enjoyed the concert a lot. I wasn´t disappointed at all because I got what I expected, I knew the new line up, the new songs, how the band sounds...etc. Plus about the two hours delay I don´t get why people were moaning all the time.. since when has Axl been on time for the concerts? And I don´t know why some people moan because atleast in my case, all the concerts I´ve been to have started at least one hour late.

Also, Axl had been there doing rehersals and sound check and he rarely does it, right?...so, one more proof he was going to appear. And there was a dude who just added more fuel to the fire when he took the stage to say that the concert hadn´t started because of technical problems and then contradicted himself when he told the crowd to wait patiently about 15 or 20 minutes because " they were about to arrive".

So maybe the people in charge of the promotion should do their job better than they do.