Agence France Presse on GNR - Mentions MYGNR and Eric!

Budweiser

Actually, we used to have a french-language section of the forum, so there are quite a few people here who do speak french.

I thought it was cool that the article mentioned mygnrforum. Do you have a problem with that dude? Why are you being so hostile? :unsure:

here, i....uhhhh...translated it with my french skills :ph34r:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Los Angeles (AFP) - Guns n'Roses, sacred monsters of the rock one, to the reconquest of a lost crown

The American group Guns n'Roses, that starts this week an European turn, will have to make to forget more than 10 years of creative procrastination and protested changes of personnel to recover his lost title of champion of the hard-rock.

Formation that had provoked a world-wide fad between 1987 and 1993, selling some 90 millions of albums, does not remain today that the singer Axl Pink, after the departure of the two faithful last ones, the guitarist "Slash" and the bass player "Duff" McKagan, leave in the middle of the years 90.

The "Guns" a produced dark face of hollywood, the one of the without shelter, streets broken and prostitution. Their first songs reflect their life method extreme, between violence, illegal substances and easy girls.

"One had the impression that that risked not well to finish, but one could not prevent itself to look at", relates to the afp Vicky Hamilton, first manager of the group. "One was said that the one of them there was going to remain. But person is not dead, this is really astonishing", itself does she remember.

The energy brute of the axl band, that foams the Californian clubs in 1985 and 1986 in front of a more and more important public, drives several houses of discs to be interested in it. They end up to sign with Geffen, producer of their idols and model, Aerosmith.

Their first album, "Appetite for destruction" (1987), of which the original pochette representing a rape scene is censored, puts time to take off, radios refusing to broadcast its songs stuffed with obscenities. But it will finish by to flow itself to 18 millions of copies to the United States.

The roll compressor is launched. For six years, the group will fill the stadiums of the entire world, scandalize america well thinking and do its members of the multimillionnaires.

Oscillating between furious hard-rock and sometimes pompous ballads, the two albums "Wears your illusion" between directly in 1991 to the first one and second place of hit parades American. Nose foot to the auditors, their pochettes warn in substance: "Certain persons could find this shocking disc. They can be done f... and go to the New ray Acts".

But victim of internal tensions due to the strong personality of its members and worn by unending turns, the group runs out of steam and enters in sleep after a fifth album, majority punk returns, in 1993.

Since, the admirers await the fine album ghost "Chinese Democracy", promised since near of 10 years and qualified with irony in 2005 by the New York Times d'" album more dear to never having been recorded".

While Guns n'Roses "new formula", Pink Axl and its musicians, give Thursday evening in Spain the first concert of an European turn closely of 30 dates, recently broken in with successes to New York, the experts in "rosologie" hope that she will not interrupt herself with losses and fracas as the one of 2002, already supposed to be the one of the big return.

"So as there is not together to which one (Pink Axl) does not present itself, I am said that all is well", underlines Eric Gypsy, a Canadian computer scientist that manages since near of 11 years a site internet exhaustive dedicated to the group, "mygnr.com".

Mr. Gypsy says himself persuaded that the "Guns" can resume crowns for them. "For a majority of fans, even if the former members are not there, so as axl there is, this will always be Guns n'Roses", does it assert to the afp.

Damper of the photographer Robert John, intimate of the formation and of Pink axl of 1985 to 2002. The new Guns n'Roses "is a voucher groups, but I do not think that they possess the chemistry of the group of the origins", does it regret.

-=------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit: hahah, the free translator wrote " Axl Pink" :rofl-lol:

Edited by jc524

I'll clean up the translation a bit - with my limited french. :)

If I don't get all of it correct, just speak up.

Los Angeles (AFP) - Guns n'Roses, Monsters of Rock, Trying To Recapture Lost Crown.

The American group Guns n'Roses, which starts a European tour this week, will need to forget more than 10 years of creative procrastination and multiple band member changes as it tries to win back its lost title as champions of hard-rock.

Since its formation, the band became a worldwide phenomena between 1987 and 1993, selling some 90 millions of albums. Today, only singer Axl Rose remains, following the departure of the two faithful last ones, the guitarist "Slash" and the bass player "Duff" McKagan, who left in the mid-1990s.

"Guns" are a product of the dark side of hollywood. Their first songs reflected their extreme lifestyles, as they sang about violence, illegal substances and easy girls.

"Some had the impression that there was a risk things would turn bad, but one could not stop looking at them,'' recalls Vicky Hamilton, the group's first manager. "They said one of them was going to remain. The fact that someone isn't dead is really astonishing,'' she said.

The brutal energy of Axl's band, which played California clubs in 1985 and 1986 in front of a more and more important public, attracted several record labels to take an interest in the band. They wound up signing with Geffen, producer of their idols and model, Aerosmith.

Their first album, "Appetite for destruction" (1987), of which the original album cover depicting a rape scene was censored, took time to take off as many radio stations refused to broadcast the songs which were filled with obscenities. But the album did wind up selling 18 mllion copies in the United States.

The rock tour was then launched. For six years, the group filled stadiums around the world, scandaliziing America's thinking and making the band members multimillionaires.

Oscillating between furious hard-rock and sometimes pompous ballads, the two "Use your illusion" albums, released in 1991, hit the number one and two spots on America's music charts. On the albums' covers, a warning appeared, "Certain persons could find this disc offensive. They can f*** off and go to the New Age section".

But internal tensions, caused by strong personalities within the band, and long tours caused the band to run out of steam and go into seclusion following the band's fifth album - a disc of punk covers, in 1993.

Since then, the fans have waited for the mythical album "Chinese Democracy" - promised for about 10 years, and described in a New York Times article in 2005 as the the most expense album never recorded.

Now the new Guns n'Roses lineup, Axl Rose and other musicians, will give a concert in Spain on Thursday, marking the first concert of a European tour of close to 30 dates. The band recently had big successes at shows in New York, and rock experts are hoping the band will not face no-shows and riots as it did when it tried to make a comeback in 2002.

"Until Axl decides not to show up for a concert, everything is going well", said Eric Romano, a canadian webmaster who has been running a busy internet site for the last 11 years, mygnr.com, dedicated to the band.

M. Romano said he is convinced that "Guns" can reclaim their crown. "For a majority of fans, even though the ex-members are not there, as long as Axl is there, it will always be Guns N' Roses", he said to the AFP.

Photographer Robert John, who followed the band and Axl Rose btewen 1985 and 2002, said the new Guns n'Roses "is a good group, but I do not think that they possess the chemistry of the original lineup."

I'll clean up the translation a bit - with my limited french. :)

If I don't get all of it correct, just speak up.

"Untill Axl decides not to show up for a concert, everything is going well", said Eric Romano, a canadian webmaster who has been running a busy internet site, mygnr.com, dedicated to the band. M. Romano said he is convinced that "Guns" can reclaim their crown.

no sorry but mine said computer scientist, much better sounding :rofl-lol:

Edited by jc524

so Romano translates to Gypsy in French?????????????

yeh real gypsies are from Romania (the ones with the painted caravans and magic, not the irish ones that sell drugs and steal your lawnmowers.)

so they're Romany gypsies which i guess becomes Romano. seems to me that those translation sites just use whatever word comes close when they can't find the exact match.