GOD FUCKIN DAMN IT AXL!

tippin

I don't think I have ever seen them once where they went on stage on time and I have seen them in concert I can't even count how many times since 1988....seriously, just plan for it at this point, why is this always a shocker???????????????????????

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole "Oh cmon, it's Axl, you should know by now" argument is totally ridiculous.

This type of behavior is so unbelievably childish. At one point Axl could do whatever he wanted and get away with it, and that is not the case anymore, as Clear Channel proved in 2002.

Plus, add to that the fact that Axl isn't exactly the most popular guy in music right now. Nu-GNR had a hard enough time selling tickets for the abomination that was the 2002, and now four years later Axl's STILL pulling the same BS? It's not just GnR fans who are used to this that Axl is dicking around with - he's in a position right now where he really needs to win back a lot of fans and garbage like this isn't going to help him.

And I can understand being a little late, but two hours?! TWO HOURS?!

It just gets to a point where it's like - dude, you know, you could get to the arena on time if you really needed to. If it was a life or death situation, you'd be on stage at the exact time you were supposed to be there. Stop dicking your fans around and get on the fucking stage at the time you're supposed to be there. There's not something so important going on that he needs to show up TWO HOURS LATE to a show.

Inexcusable.

The problem is when Axl's obnoxiously late it inconveniences SO many people.

- The fans who have to get up and work the next morning or who have babysitters waiting. And even without that, who in the hell likes to wait that long for anything?

- The road crew who break down the set and & move it to the next city.

- Reporters covering the show who have to file reviews for the next morning paper.

- Employees at the arena who weren't planning on not getting to go home from a 10pm show until 4:00 in the morning.

- And most of all, the rest of the band. Axl's chronic lateness is part of the reason Izzy left the band in 1991. (He didn't think everyone in GnR should have to continue pay the fines for going onstage late, only the faulty party... Axl). And in 92/93 when Axl would keep the rest of the band waiting for hours, they would sit around getting severely drunk which led to a shitty show and hurt band morale.

Finally, making the crowd wait that long only makes them more hostile and intoxicated.

Which is why Axl gets so many hecklers.

He should make it easier on himself and just do the show on time. Then he can go back to his hotel room and bang his model gilfriend, watch basketball or whatever the hell he does when he's supposed to be onstage.

Edited by shotdowninflames

He should make it easier on himself and just do the show on time. Then he can go back to his hotel room and bang his model gilfriend, watch basketball or whatever the hell he does when he's supposed to be onstage.

All I can say is, better he showed up at all. I'd imagine at some point between now and the fall he won't show up for at least one of the gigs....

FUCK EACH AND EVRY ONE OF YOU STUPID LUCKY MUTHAFUCKIN' BSTARDS.

i'd wait for hours just to see axl on stage again. like i did back in the '93. don't you fuckin' know he always shows up late just to prepare and give %100 of him for all of you?

AXL ROSE is sent by GOD to make great music FOR US, respect my ol' man, and obey him under any circumstances, AND YOUR PATIENCE WILL LEAD YOU TO 2-3 HOURS OF ULTIMATE ROCK N ROLL EXTRAVAGANZA.

Edited by MYWIFEMYLIFE

Chill...take off your watch, keep your pants on, go get your blood pressure taken and maybe you should lay off the salt. Go to the concert with your honey get loaded and have a party about it. Clock watchers die of heart attacks. Know what I mean. Watch your potty mouth too tense fucker. Wah :xmassrudolph:

Axl should not tell anyone when he will be on so that way they have nothing to go on.

So far he aint missed one show!

He's been a fraction late - and some fuckers aint happy.

This is GnR and Axl Rose - you want a band to take stage at the exact specified time?

Enjoy the show and stop looking for excuses to fuck him over - so far this tour has been a huge success but i guess some people dont get logistics or things out of Axl hands .... not every late arrival has to be down to Axl - but i would forgive the man if he thought he was a god and could show up when he likes -- because he is and can ;)

So at least one thing stayed the same. Different band but same old Axl.

What are you expecting. This is Guns 'N' Roses. Rock and Roll. What do you want him to do. It seams to me some of you would be happy if he had a show in Las Vegas where you could see him like 16:00 and 21:00 each day.

Someone said "I want what I paid for". But thats what you got. Ok maybe there was 9:00 GNR will be on stage on your ticket. But it said Guns and Roses and not "Some Philahonic Orchestra". When there is "GNR will be on stage at 9:00" this translates to: "GNR will be on stage some time after 9:00".

Remember you're going to a concert of "The most dangerous band in the world" (Never liked that, especially as I think they were more dangerous to themselfs than anything else).

Keep rocking.

Guest RonMexico82
Axl has always been late for shows, and any fan who buys tickets to a show knows this.

So, I don't understand why people are surprised or outraged.

It's like a guy who buys a house near an airport -- and then whines and complains about the sound of planes overhead.

The problem that you fail to see is that people are well aware that there is a possibility of a no show on Axl's part, also factor in that not every person there is a die hard fan, that most people just drink and drink and drink to pass the time and you have the recipe for disaster. Waiting until 11pm is just about the correct time to take to the stage and be fashionably late, 11.30pm and people start to get very nervous, Midnight and you are on the edge of a riot as was demonstrated in Spain last night where people started screaming insults and breaking chairs and throwing them onstage.

I guarantee you 100% that if Axl repeats this inexcusable bullshit at the show in Dublin there will be a riot - FACT!!!!

Most Irish people are very very impatient and no doubt the majority of people there will be extremely shitfaced by 11pm I would even bet that there will be trouble if the band aren't on by then, by midnight nobody will give a shit whether he is there or not because the place will be fucking destroyed by then. No Irish audience will wait until midnight for anybody not even Axl Rose.

If you are reading this Axl or Merck don't say we didn't fucking warn you.

This is from another post from a guy that saw the show:

"2 hours of delay,a man said technic porblems,adn the band arriving in their expensive cars around 23 55,shame¡¡¡¡bad sound"

So they were supposed to start at 10pm, made up some bullshit about technical problems and then didn't even arrive at the arena until 11:55pm!

I hope this was just a bad night.

Axl could afford to get away with being that late in 1988-1993 when GnR were at their heights of popularity (and selling out stadiums). But Clear Channel cancelling the tour after the Philly 02 now show/riot proves he can't get away with it now.

I agree there's too much on the line this time for Axl to pull a stunt like this.

Hopefully the US press won't make a big deal out of this story (Associated Press, Reuters). It would send a bad message to tour promoters here in the states.

Thank god they didn't actually riot. That definitely would have made headlines over here.

Midnight!!! that's unbeliveable. How can any of you justify that? You can't just say "That's Axl" It doesn't fly anymore.

I don't know jc524 stuff like this happening at the first show can't be a good sign. If the band shows up this late people start to wonder where they are and shit gets cancelled as a precaution. Next thing you know venues won't open the doors untill Axl is actually in the building. It's the first show so maybe it was just bad night but seriously how can Axl have more bad nights on such a consitant basis on every tour he's ever done than all other bands have had their entire careers. These aren't bad nights, they're just bad habits and a total lack of respect. For anyone to say that letting the fans wait untill midnight is not disrespectfull is insane.

First night should never be a bad night in my opinion,but remember Vancouver?

I get up around seven

Get outta bed around nine

And I don't worry about nothin' no

'Cause worrin's a waste of my... time

The show usually starts around ten

We go on stage around twelve

Get on the bus about three

Sippin' a drink and feelin' fine

I get up around seven

Get outta bed around nine

And I don't worry about nothin' no

'Cause worrin's a waste of my... time

The show usually starts around ten

We go on stage around twelve

Get on the bus about three

Sippin' a drink and feelin' fine

CUTE! :P

It would be nice if they showed up on time but as long as he shows up I'm happy! I was at hammerstein on mother's day Sunday night and had work the next day. I got pissed about waiting till 11 bc i thought 2 hours was a little bit much but all was forgiven when he started the show. If he starts not showing up again i will be so upset simply because I really want them to make a REAL comeback this time. :unsure:

Axl has always been late for shows, and any fan who buys tickets to a show knows this.

So, I don't understand why people are surprised or outraged.

It's like a guy who buys a house near an airport -- and then whines and complains about the sound of planes overhead.

but from Axl's point of view, with all he has riding on this thing, don't you learn from past mistakes? what if the crowd DID start rioting and the show was cancelled?

the definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting different results. i support Axl, but he's walking a fine line.

Edited by artfromtex

When you think that Axl punched a fan because he took a photo of him and that he threw a fan oot because he wore a Slash shirt than it's pretty fucked up to let your fans wait for such a long time. the relaunch of Guns N' Roses would have been a great opportunity to show a professional behaviour. but at least he showed up at all.

When you think that Axl punched a fan because he took a photo of him and that he threw a fan oot because he wore a Slash shirt than it's pretty fucked up to let your fans wait for such a long time. the relaunch of Guns N' Roses would have been a great opportunity to show a professional behaviour. but at least he showed up at all.

Like many others here say, why do you even raise your eyebrowns to this..? It is GNR, they are allway late. If they are on time when I am seeing them, I will be disapointed, because GNR are never on time.

So what if he knocked a fan for taking a picture, he said they shouldn't and the fan should have respected that back then, bacuase at that time Axl was God and could do anything he ever wanted.

And I also understand why he kicked out the guy wearing a Slash habit, in respect of Finck, Bucket and Fortus back then of course, he would have been a jerk if he did not do it.

So please Axl... I am counting on you beeing late in Paris and in Oslo... rock3

Actually, I don't know what to think of it.

Axl is Axl and one an expect him to be late for a concert. But this doesn't say people are not allowed to be annoyed with it.

It's stupid that people are not allowed to say they are "disappointed" by this kind of behaviour. Everybody hopes for the show to start on time

There's a VERY simple solution to all this madness...add another band to the lineup.

8:30-9:30 opening act

10:00-11:00 second act

11:30 GNR

Should they go on at midnight instead of the scheduled 11:30, it's much easier to take than being 2+ hours late.

Expectations are met and the fans get to see another band. It's a win-win solution for everyone.

he would do best to prove he can show up in a timely manner, for promotional sake.

But in reality, He is Axl Rose, This is Guns N Roses, and he gets away with it. One minute the crowd is going to be calling him a son of a bitch, the next they are going to be completely captivated by him. Thats how its always been.

just because thats how its always been doesnt make,especialy during the week,people have to be at work the next day, its 2006 not 91 or 92, espeicaly since fans seem to riot,this should not be an issue,show up on time.

Its a bit ridiculous to suggest the band couldn't take the stage earlier then freakin' midnight.

It almost smacks of forced behavior. Going out of their way to keep the image alive.

Its playing with fire though. 11PM is pushing it. Midnight? One of these crowds will eventually get ugly.

Like many others here say, why do you even raise your eyebrowns to this..? It is GNR, they are allway late. If they are on time when I am seeing them, I will be disapointed, because GNR are never on time.

So what if he knocked a fan for taking a picture, he said they shouldn't and the fan should have respected that back then, bacuase at that time Axl was God and could do anything he ever wanted.

And I also understand why he kicked out the guy wearing a Slash habit, in respect of Finck, Bucket and Fortus back then of course, he would have been a jerk if he did not do it.

The fact that he is always late doesn't excuse it. It's not professional. He's quite sensitive when it comes to when and how he goes on stage but he seems to think that it's just fine to let fans wait for hours. If you pay on time you should get the show on time that would just be fair.