GOD FUCKIN DAMN IT AXL!

tippin

well when a concert starts at a certain time, you can't expect the artist to be there at that time.

Many concerts I have been to, the artist shows up about an hour or more late. Axl is no different, sure it was 2 hours late but this is Axl. It was good that he showed up anyway. I know 2 hours is along wait, but it's better then him not showing up at all.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand being an hour or so late....that can be expected. But 2 hours? Come on....thats getting rediculous. This could of easily turned into another riot situation. I guess all I can say is at least he showed up.

It just seems like it can't end well if this trend continues.

...and not ONE person willing to even CONSIDER that maybe there actually WERE technical difficulties.

Anything is possible.

I guess its also possible he was coming back on stage in St. Louis once he got his contact lenses sorted out.

Look, you are asking us to believe in soemthign we have no way of proving...while at the same time ignoring the countless examples in the past that have been proven to be Axl just not caring.

Tall order.

I waited on the streets of New York in high heels at 3pm and stood and stood, to get in around 8pm only to stand more because you would have been a fool to leave your "spot" after waiting so long. Yes he came on late BUT..... worth every aching foot and blister I had. I didn't get off my feet till 3am. (finally a bar stool) So CRY me a river! The show is worth it! I would do it again! AND AGAIN!!!! The guy ROCKS! It is a site to see. I will never forget it, my feet will.

Weigh it out....12 hours in heels standing??? Axl's screaching YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE???? and being in 4th row to see it? Worth the wait!!!! :) It is a Mastercard commericial! Priceless.

For those of you who are going to be mean and ask why i was in heels? I am short. 5'3". I wasn't going to wait that long to stare at the backs of heads.

Axl has always been late for shows, and any fan who buys tickets to a show knows this.

So, I don't understand why people are surprised or outraged.

It's like a guy who buys a house near an airport -- and then whines and complains about the sound of planes overhead.

I kinda agree with you Madison.

HOWEVER, if Axl is 2 hours late for the Download festival (which doesn't have the most friendly of crowds) I'm sure a lot of people will be very pissed. When you consider that people have to make travel arrangements (not to mention work the next day) and if they miss their bus/coach etc they can in some cases be stranded. When GNR come on stage when they are supposed to FINISH, I think its a tad out of order.

It doesn't really hurt to get on stage when you are supposed to. Maybe even a little late. But 2 hours???.......... A bit excessive in my opinion (God I'm getting old!).....

LA

Edited by LA_0013

Lateness doesn't bother me especially if the opening act is really good.

When I was with Tracii we ended up showing up like An hour and a half late, the crowd wasn't even bothered by it. Sure they were shouting "Lets see LA Guns!" but they weren't pissy about it.

For all those who want to see AXL on time, go to Rock Am Ring. As you can see in the schedule (http://rockamring.de/schedule.html) GNR are the only band with no start time. They are introduced as "Late Night Special" (somwhere, not on the schedule.

For those who have problems getting a Plane after a concert. Once again what are you expecting. This is a rock concert. It's not like "They start at 10:00, so they will end at 12:00 and I get the plane at 1:00".

For all those who want to see AXL on time, go to Rock Am Ring. As you can see in the schedule (http://rockamring.de/schedule.html) GNR are the only band with no start time. They are introduced as "Late Night Special" (somwhere, not on the schedule.

For those who have problems getting a Plane after a concert. Once again what are you expecting. This is a rock concert. It's not like "They start at 10:00, so they will end at 12:00 and I get the plane at 1:00".

What sort of dumbass who travelled to see them would leave the same day of the show? I'm sorry but that's kind of stupid considering you have no idea when the show would actually be over.

I travel all the time and if I'm going to see a concert, I spend the night at the state and leave the next day.

and that is why NOT going is a more appealing option...

and that is why NOT going is a more appealing option...

I agree with you there like only if you have to work. If you have to work DON'T go because it's not worth losing your job.

I had to miss concerts because of school, one of them being a Motley Crue concert.

If it happens to be on a weekend (like the Tracii Guns concert was on a saturday) then I can go. Now since it's summer I have more opportunities of showing up at concerts ^_^

Guest RonMexico82

As the band gather outside Axl's dressing room backstage

Finck - "Hey Axl come out of the dressing room and lets rock the fuck out."

Brain - "Yeah man the crowds gettin ugly, its almost midnight man, come on."

Fortus - "What are you doing in there, beating the monkey or something?"

Dizzy (to others) - "I aint sayin nuthin, I don't wanna join Velvet Revolver just yet!"

Pittman - "Hey motherfucker get your ass on stage bitch, this IS Guns N' Roses talkin!"

Bumblefoot - "Come on I'll let you play with my Bumblefoot!"

Axl - "YOU TRECHEROUS BASTARDS ARE ALL FUCKIN' FIRED, ALL OF YOU, AND THAT INCLUDES YOU DIZZY, I CAN READ MINDS, FOR I AM GOD!!!!!" :drevil:

As the band gather outside Axl's dressing room backstage

Finck - "Hey Axl come out of the dressing room and lets rock the fuck out."

Brain - "Yeah man the crowds gettin ugly, its almost midnight man, come on."

Fortus - "What are you doing in there, beating the monkey or something?"

Dizzy (to others) - "I aint sayin nuthin, I don't wanna join Velvet Revolver just yet!"

Pittman - "Hey motherfucker get your ass on stage bitch, this IS Guns N' Roses talkin!"

Bumblefoot - "Come on I'll let you play with my Bumblefoot!"

Axl - "YOU TRECHEROUS BASTARDS ARE ALL FUCKIN' FIRED, ALL OF YOU, AND THAT INCLUDES YOU DIZZY, I CAN READ MINDS, FOR I AM GOD!!!!!" :drevil:

leave the jokes dude :unsure:

...and not ONE person willing to even CONSIDER that maybe there actually WERE technical difficulties.

Anything is possible.

I guess its also possible he was coming back on stage in St. Louis once he got his contact lenses sorted out.

Look, you are asking us to believe in soemthign we have no way of proving...while at the same time ignoring the countless examples in the past that have been proven to be Axl just not caring.

Tall order.

I wasn't asking you to do anything,it was just an observation.

We got over 30 Gigs in Europe to go. That`s a long way..

So I think there will be at least one riot and one canceled show.

It wouldn`t suprise me at all. I even bet on that.

Two hours between the support and main act. That´s far too much.

Maybe Axl thinks it`s uncool to show up on time and

doesn`t fit with the gnr-image. But he`s playing with

fire for sure. It`s an easy formular..

waiting = drinkin

drinkin = aggression fighting

aggression = possible riot ??

We`ve seen this before in the bizarre world of gnr.

I don`t wanna see that again.

If it happens Axls career is finished.

Off-Topic

I fear that Axl won`t tell us anything about the release

date on this european tour.

We got over 30 Gigs in Europe to go. That`s a long way..

So I think there will be at least one riot and one canceled show.

It wouldn`t suprise me at all. I even bet on that.

Two hours between the support and main act. That´s far too much.

Maybe Axl thinks it`s uncool to show up on time and

doesn`t fit with the gnr-image. But he`s playing with

fire for sure. It`s an easy formular..

waiting = drinkin

drinkin = aggression fighting

aggression = possible riot ??

We`ve seen this before in the bizarre world of gnr.

I don`t wanna see that again.

If it happens Axls career is finished.

Off-Topic

I fear that Axl won`t tell us anything about the release

date on this european tour.

Agreed. REALLY hope i'm wrong though!

Anything is possible.

Tall order.

This is Axl's trade mark and he loves all the fuss it causes, because actually i believe he couldnt give less of a damn about how late he is, but again when you go to his show you need to expect to be tired and pissed off before u leave, and thrilled to no fuckin end when he comes on stage.