Fans Angry Over Axl Being 2 Hours Late

CALUCA

Why are this people complaining about?????? ok, the band was 2 hous late... have u waited for your girlfriend some time????? i´ve waited longer!!!!!!!!! and no complains!!!!!! yes, i got what i wanted at the end.. jeejejejeje... but, the set list was amazing, the band attitude was extraordinary, even with some fuckers throwing beers and telling Axl son of a bitch... and they completed a great show... that was worth the wait, as some friends of mine, true fans that were at the concert, told me.

So, come on spanish people, if you havent seen GNR since 1992, grow up, we have new members, with different skills than the original band, but you heard PC, KOHD, SCOM, NR... and a good bunch of new songs... so, stop complaing about nothing, i envy you, i wish i have guns on my city, i have waited for 13 years, two hours is not that much...

Edited by madison

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet 30% of the audience were expecting to see Splash on the stage last night.

I admit i felt very ashamed for the Spanish audience.

If you don't like solos, you sould've stayed at home.

If you don't accept 2 hour delay fon G'N'R, you sould've stayed at home.

If you think Axl is an "Hijo de Puta", you sould've stayed at home.

If you think the band stole your money... you sould've stayed at home.

Why are this people complaining about?????? ok, the band was 2 hous late... have u waited for your girlfriend some time????? i´ve waited longer!!!!!!!!! and no complains!!!!!! yes, i got what i wanted at the end.. jeejejejeje... but, the set list was amazing, the band attitude was extraordinary, even with some fuckers throwing beers and telling Axl son of a bitch... and they completed a great show... that was worth the wait, as some friends of mine, true fans that were at the concert, told me.

So, come on spanish people, if you havent seen GNR since 1992, grow up, we have new members, with different skills than the original band, but you heard PC, KOHD, SCOM, NR... and a good bunch of new songs... so, stop complaing about nothing, i envy you, i wish i have guns on my city, i have waited for 13 years, two hours is not that much...

Why people are so ignorant?

If you are coming to a GNR show, you should be ready for a bunch of weird things happening. I already know that the show is going to start with a big delay. I was not surprised for the 2 hours yesterday night. It´s better for you if you don´t expect seeing Slash or any other member of the “classics” GNR, but why people were expecting so…?, or at least it looked like!. GNR are not a “featuring” band, they are actually a band. If you want to enjoy the oldies but goodies, then buy tickets for Addler´s Appetite, foe sure they will feature the whole appetite in a row… OK, maybe people was not ready for the new themes, there is not a record supporting that songs, but how can the attitude of anyone be so negative with the new songs?, they really sounded awesome!, TWAT was sooooo fucking amazing!!, IRS, Better,…. I really like solos, and I strong believe the band are great musicians, ok, maybe this band don´t have the “magic touch” of the original, buy they are techniques, and they know the themes so well that you have the feeling they are really having a good time on stage. You could see that Axl was having a big time, he was enjoying the show, and enjoying the night; I can´t believe he is going to maintain his vocals at that really high level. I can´t think of anyone with such a clean and versatile voice (maybe John Garcia, but not many more…), capable of going from the lows to the highs so easily … definitely, his voice was touched by God yesterday´s night. I don´t understand why people are disappointed with the gig, I believe it has been one of the most amazing nights of my life. I don´t understand the “brutal” reviews, and for sure I can´t belive someone who literally wrote “it is demonstrated that the “alma mater” of the band was Izzy Stradlin, that keyboard, composer and friend of Axl Rose….”what the hell means keyboard, which band does she mean?, people shouldn´t writer a review of a show/band they don´t fucking know…, just a piece of advice.

Terrific show yesterday night in Madrid!

Excuse my english, it's not very good. I was yesterday in Madrid and I think that the show was great. The sound was ok, AXL sings very well, better than in 2k2. The band is ok, also. If I forget the 2 hours of waiting, I really think that the show was something big.

People is ignorant. I don't know what they want. Slash and Duff with the fuckin' Velvet Revolver? That's fuckin' boring stuff. I really think that AXL and the new Roses are bigger than VR.

GN'R was a stadium rock band, with a lot of solos and shit like this, and it was great in the past? Why not today?

Excuse my english again. The Guns N' Roses show in Madrid was great.

Rocket69

"Yeah yeah cool, 2 hours late yeah, you should expect it yeah......"

Come on grow up will ya? I know they usually start late but what the fuck, 2 hours? This was my third Guns show, the first to being with the original band and they didn't even pull that shit on me back then.

I think Axl forgot that has public had matured 13 years as well. I mean, things I didn't care about 13 years ago, like at what time the concert would start, really bothered me last night. 13 years ago my parents would pick me up after the concert at whatever time, now I (and 10000 Spanish dudes) have to go to work the next morning. Wages in Spain are quite low and jobs are hard to find.....I really agreed with the Spanish, it was a disgrace. I feel with us "northern" people, they get away with more shit, but this time I was all on the Spanish site. Wrong country to fuck with! And then to hear some dumb fuck say "we have some small technical problems, since it is the first time the band is playing in Europe", just to find out that they were not even there! (you should have seen the hurry they were in, not that badass I guess....) That's lying against your public! I really saw it as a lack of respect of Axl towards his fans that stuck with his shit for 13 years.

For me personally I was sad that what I thought was going to be "Axl big triumphant return to the stage" turned out to be a very "mixed feeling adventure".

I feel kind of embarrassed saying this but I was kinda angry with myself that most was forgotten (for me, not for a whole lot others) when they came on stage. They played for 2 hours and 20 minutes (longer than both shows I saw in '93), played all new songs (as far as I know) and were in great shape. I thought the sound was quite good, Axl in a good mood (lucky for him he doesn't understand Spanish...) and to be honest, I was very impressed with Richard Fortus. That guy rocks! I mean, I'd like to hear other opinions but Robin.......he feels the notes and pulls the faces.......but it just sounded really bad! Then you have Ron who is a guitargod, does amazing things and makes me want to cry and throw away my guitars 'cause I'll never learn to play like that (I already have problems with the fast part in Sweet Child...) but it's just too much for me, all that speed and high notes all the time, not my style. Richard was the only dude with that kind of bluesy feel to it, technique and feeling, really good! What Chris Pittman does in the band is beyond me. Another complaint (sorry), the setlist, more of the same. On the other hand, this is something I agree with with most forummembers, if you go to a Guns show IN EUROPE, you always get the same songs. Check the Get in the Ring and Skull 'N' Bones tours in '92 and '93, basically every damn show had the same setlist on those individual legs. I really think their American tours are more, lets say "spontaneous" or "original".

So yeah, all in all, a great show but it's very hard for me to admit that (let alone my girlfriend who'd rather kill Mr. W. Axl Rose)

Hope you guys appreciate the honesty,

Base

fuck media they suck...I really dont understand the point of bashing Madrid show....fuck them....stupid fucks.....

I would pay anything to see guns live,and those fuckers had chance...for screaming they want slash back...fuck them ...fuckers

I'd say your post is hypocritical. Axl did come onstage didn't he? Yeah two hours late, almost a riot. But he came didn't he? You enjoyed the show didn't you? Then stop complaining man. Axl always have been like that. And by the way, you don't know shit if there actually were sound problems at the start. So you don't exactly know if you were lied too. Anyways, the band came on rocking didn't they?

It's like taking a dump and afterwards........"well.....why does it smell?" No shit man.....no shit......

yeah I appreciate the 'honesty'. Your bitching about obvious stuff, beeing late, yada yada. All comon in the word of Gn'R. If they played a bad show, then you can call them out. But they did rock as you said. Axl on topform. etc.

hypocritical to say the least.

This is just for the guys who are 24/7 in Axl's ass, so if you're not, don't feel offended.

To everyone who goes: "Look, you should expect them to be late, it's GNR blablabla..."

If you saw the documentary you can hear Gilby say that it definitely WASN'T GNR who were late in the '91-'93 era, it was Axl, always Axl.

The guys would be sitting backstage, no idea where Axl was, not able to reach him and would start drinking. By the time "his royalness" thought it was okay to show up, the rest of the guys would be hammered and not able to give it their all.

Now this definitely not helped GNR back then and started the big split between Axl and the rest of the guys. From there on everything went downhill (and other reasons of course).

So don't tell me it's GNR, because it's not, it's Axl and I see a sinking ship if this continous to go like this.

I'm a big fan, without GNR, I wouldn't be into music at all but there are limits and mine are about to be reached.

Base

Oh my god......another asslicker.....

Oh, how "hypocritical" of me to enjoy a show but to be angry to have to wait for it for two hours. Hell, I guess next time we mind as well wait a week in the concerthall!

Read my post on Gilby please, maybe it'll change your opinion, probably not, but see if I care.

Oh and by the way, I must be a really crappy fan who just last week found out about GNR to put pictures of the stage two days before the show on the web for stupid fucks like you to enjoy. I must have really always been so "hypocritical" about Guns N' Roses. You know what, I probably don't even have a single album of theirs.

By the way, do you really think Axl gives a fuck about you? Let's say he reads your post and sees "cool man, you enjoyed the show, doesn't matter that you have to wait two hours", do you think he thinks your cool or do you think he thinks "what a nerd". 'Cause yeah, that's what I think he thinks, you're a nerd.

Bye now, go lick Axl's ass.

Oh, what a shame, you can't even do that....

Oh, how "hypocritical" of me to enjoy a show but to be angry to have to wait for it for two hours. Hell, I guess next time we mind as well wait a week in the concerthall!

Read my post on Gilby please, maybe it'll change your opinion, probably not, but see if I care.

Oh and by the way, I must be a really crappy fan who just last week found out about GNR to put pictures of the stage two days before the show on the web for stupid fucks like you to enjoy. I must have really always been so "hypocritical" about Guns N' Roses. You know what, I probably don't even have a single album of theirs.

By the way, do you really think Axl gives a fuck about you? Let's say he reads your post and sees "cool man, you enjoyed the show, doesn't matter that you have to wait two hours", do you think he thinks your cool or do you think he thinks "what a nerd". 'Cause yeah, that's what I think he thinks, you're a nerd.

I'm no Axl-asslicker. Ofcourse Axl doesn't give two shits about me or you. You really think I thought he did? waha. You have no clue. ooh and, I'm not saying your a crappy fan. I'm saying you bitch about things 'obvious' in the Gn'r world. Taking stage late etc.

You got to see a good band. But bitch about them beeing late? (there's a 99% chance they start late considering history) that makes you a hypocrite.

:xmassrudolph:

It's nice to see some sensible posts from Spaniards at the gig last night! rock1

I'm getting sick of seeing posts from idiotic crazy fans such as axlfuck.

AXLfuck is not spaniard, he is adopted!!!! :-))

PUUUNNNNKKKK

I'm no Axl-asslicker. Ofcourse Axl doesn't give two shits about me or you. You really think I thought he did? waha. You have no clue. ooh and, I'm not saying your a crappy fan. I'm saying you bitch about things 'obvious' in the Gn'r world. Taking stage late etc.

You got to see a good band. But bitch about them beeing late? (there's a 99% chance they start late considering history) that makes you a hypocrite.

guess all the people was shouting hijo de puta at axl, are the nerds to him: call me son of a bitch but pay 40 - 48 euros to see me live!

guess all the people was shouting hijo de puta at axl, are the nerds to him: call me son of a bitch but pay 40 - 48 euros to see me live!

Jejejej Touche

Guest RonMexico82

There is Guns N Roses late and then there is taking the piss. Going onstage after midnight is taking the piss. Axl does this shit cos he got away with it in the past, not anymore...he is taking a very dangerous path...

So you would be happy if Axl was 2 hours late on a show that you are on :huh:

And if you think it's so fun you can go to a show one week before it starts then you will have a hole week of fun :rolleyes:

Edited by Desperado

And if you think it's so fun you can go to a show one week before it starts then you will have a hole week of fun :rolleyes:

Don't make assumptions.

Would I be happy if Axl was 2 hours late? No.

Could I expect it to happen? Hell yes

Will I be happy regardless if he shows up even tho beeing late? fuck yes mate!

Conclusion: Did I say anywhere it is 'fun'? no......... Expected? yes

Therefor I don't get worked up in all of this.

ooh, and I'm going the the Nijmegen gig. If he doesn't show up.....so be it......I hope he does show up ofcourse....big chance he's taking the stage late..........see.....I'm prepared.....I can only enjoy the show. Even if he walks of after one song..... It's all in the 'game'.

peace

Just try enjoy that Guns are on tour again!

Edited by Dont Try Me

that´s nonsense. obviuoslly i would prefer not to wait 2 hours for the show, but i was not surprised for it, that´s all.

in the other hand, i´ve been waiting for longer than one hour to see bands really far away of beeing mainstream (mother superior, the atomic bitchwax, etc.) to play in really small places.....so don´t blame it all on axl.

Jejejej Touche

Actually, that's exactly my point mate, he just doesn't seem to give a fuck for the people that stuck with him for so long, whether you say "gordo, hijo de puta, cabron, gilipollas" or you lick his balls all the time, he just doesn't give any respect. While that's exactly what he talks about all the time, especially regarding his "former friends". So, surprisingly, I actually agree with you.

Base

ps. He Don't try Me, you're actually Dutch like me, that explains the good (verbal) fight you put up. Desondanks veel plezier in Nijmegen, ik hoop toch voor je dat Axl door alle kritiek (geloof me, de pers hier is dodelijk vandaag) wat eerder het podium opklimt! En je ziet Alice in Chains!!!!!

It's very simple. This ain't no 1992 or 1993. Axl still thinks he is in the biggest and most popular band in the world right now. He isn't. In the eyes of most people in the world he is a washed up rockstar trying to make a comeback with allot of mistakes FRESH behind him (2002). People won't wait 2 hours for him anymore. In the past they would waited but not anymore. This was almost a riot and almost the european tour was FUCKED.

I hope he learned from this. Axl, this ain't 1993 and fucking over fans for 2 hours isn't gonna work anymore. He is lucky there wasn't a big rioted.

Glad to see not everyone is up his ass. Guess "we're not the only one.....we're not the only one"

Good last post.

And you're right, there we're actually quite a lot of people leaving near the end of the show. It was getting way too late for a weekday.

I really thought to myself: "As soon as somebody dares to throw one of them chairs on the stage (let's face it, nobody really dared) then shit will hit the fence and the show will be canceled"

That could have been the end right there. Thank God it didn't.

ooh, and I'm going the the Nijmegen gig. If he doesn't show up.....so be it......I hope he does show up ofcourse....big chance he's taking the stage late..........see.....I'm prepared.....I can only enjoy the show. Even if he walks of after one song..... It's all in the 'game'.

Dude, you're lucky. You must have a whole lotta money & a whole lotta time. How about the Rosie?

Base

ps. I will one day too though...

Dude, you're lucky. You must have a whole lotta money & a whole lotta time. How about the Rosie?

Base

ps. I will one day too though...

Naah, don't have allot of money. I wish... It's actually gonna be the first time I'll see them so ofcourse I hope he does show up. :) But I see your point, your partly right. I wasn't at the Spain gig so it's a bit harder to argue cause I wasn't there and you were.

"p.s. He Don't try Me, you're actually Dutch like me, that explains the good (verbal) fight you put up. Desondanks veel plezier in Nijmegen, ik hoop toch voor je dat Axl door alle kritiek (geloof me, de pers hier is dodelijk vandaag) wat eerder het podium opklimt! En je ziet Alice in Chains!!!!!"

dankjewel! Ergens heb je wel gelijk hoor. Kritieken in Spanje zijn inderdaad over het algemeen een stuk harder en dat is niet iets wat Guns N' Roses nu op het moment kan gebruiken. Ben ook heel blij dat ik Alica in chains te zien krijg! Erg gaaf.

Hoe klonken de nieuwe liedjes eigenlijk? TWAT enzo?

rock3

Edited by Dont Try Me