Metallica

King Rose

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had to go with Master. Their first 3 albums didn't have a bad song on em. Metallica died with Cliff Burton though. They should either hang it up, or go back to what made em big... not this top 40 pop rock they play now.

What do you mean Metallica died with Cliff? Yeah, maybe their music wasn't quite the same since his death, but they didn't reach their peak of fame until long after that. They didn't stick with the same shit, they continued to explore and play what they wanna play, which I think is cool. They're not gonna stop playing just because they're not like they used to be, they're gonna keep going 'cause they want to. & I have to disagree about St. Anger (most current music) being Top 40 pop rock. A few of the songs got some radio play but as most people have noticed the album didn't go so well with most people. I wouldn't call that Top 40 pop rock. But I guess what I'm trying to say is that I give them credit for not stopping just 'cause some of the fans might not be as happy with their new material as they were with the old. Personally, I think they're still rockin'.

P.S. Welcome to the forum. :)

Edited by olga

yeah, found it ironic that my first post on a Gn'R board was about metallica. I've pretty much given up on Axl... if he releases this album I'll buy it to see if it was worth the wait. However at this point I don't think it'll ever be released. Doesn't matter I have all their old stuff I can listen to whenever I want.

I stick by what I said about metallica though. Of course I grew up on them,slayer, megadeth. Metallica went soft, slayer stayed the course, Megadeth went all over the map but never really wimped out. To each their own.. I don't care how well it sells. Generally strong sells = watered down music in the heavy metal realm though.

yeah, found it ironic that my first post on a Gn'R board was about metallica. I've pretty much given up on Axl... if he releases this album I'll buy it to see if it was worth the wait. However at this point I don't think it'll ever be released. Doesn't matter I have all their old stuff I can listen to whenever I want.

Really? Have you been keeping up with all the news? It finally seems like the album will be coming out this year, because Axl did say it himself for once. We'll see...

All songs from all albums rocks.

But maybe Fade To Black rocks a little more.

had to go with Master. Their first 3 albums didn't have a bad song on em. Metallica died with Cliff Burton though. They should either hang it up, or go back to what made em big... not this top 40 pop rock they play now.

What do you mean Metallica died with Cliff? Yeah, maybe their music wasn't quite the same since his death, but they didn't reach their peak of fame until long after that. They didn't stick with the same shit, they continued to explore and play what they wanna play, which I think is cool. They're not gonna stop playing just because they're not like they used to be, they're gonna keep going 'cause they want to. & I have to disagree about St. Anger (most current music) being Top 40 pop rock. A few of the songs got some radio play but as most people have noticed the album didn't go so well with most people. I wouldn't call that Top 40 pop rock. But I guess what I'm trying to say is that I give them credit for not stopping just 'cause some of the fans might not be as happy with their new material as they were with the old. Personally, I think they're still rockin'.

Yeah agree :)

And people say that thay have sold out but if thay whould have sold out thay would still make music like thay did 83-88 because that is what the fans want but not what thay want to make.

Thay have allways said that there is nothing that thay will not do because if it feels right att the time thay will do it.

All songs from all albums rocks.

But maybe Fade To Black rocks a little more.

Yeah agree :)

And people say that thay have sold out but if thay whould have sold out thay would still make music like thay did 83-88 because that is what the fans want but not what thay want to make.

Thay have allways said that there is nothing that thay will not do because if it feels right att the time thay will do it.

Exactly! Good to see someone agrees. :)

& to be honest, I don't think St. Anger was all that bad.

I think St. Anger was bad, but not as bad as people said it was. There was fair share of good tracks on it.

But now Lars said that their new material is more of the old-school 'Tallica, which is great. I'm also looking forward of how Rubin can work with the boys.

I think St. Anger was bad, but not as bad as people said it was. There was fair share of good tracks on it.

But now Lars said that their new material is more of the old-school 'Tallica, which is great. I'm also looking forward of how Rubin can work with the boys.

Yeah but the St. Anger songs is very good live :)

• 1 month later...