GN'R coverin' BEAUTIFUL by Christina Aguilera

pattonPwr

cause u know.. TWAT when GN'R used to be the world's most dangerous band and now they are a joke of themselves for some people... Guys..I'm an obssesive fan too.. but u don't have to lick Axl's ass all the time. I've seen them twice (1993 & 2006) and I know what I'm talking about (sort of...). C'mon let's bitch

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people look at the world of music through a needle hole, these people miss the very beauty of music. Then there are those who look at the world of music from a mountain top, where there are no critics, an no one telling them what they should and should not play. These people see music in it's perfect beautiful form.

Back in the day Slash solo'ed out to Somewhere Over The Rainbow. No one complained about that, but the very second that the "new guys" solo out to Beatuiful by Christina, there are mobs ready to lynch them up. I don't understand Guns N' Roses fans sometimes. You complain because of the lack of new material, you get new material, then after listening to the songs OVER AND OVER again, you critique and criticize them, then you complain because the band isn't touring, so the band tours, and it's not enough that the Guns are playing HALF of their upcomming album, in an age where we have the internet, and bootlegs could end up on the radio being played every hour on the hour because it's a new one from GNR, nope that's not enough, you expect the whole set list to be new material with a few old ones. Naturally, that isn't what you get, so you complain about the set list. Oh and lets not forget about Axl's look. You wanted him to ditch the hip hop look, so he does, you wanted him to wear leather, he does that too. Yet you complain cause he wears it for 4 shows, which he happens to be doing for a DVD that the band is shooting.

I just don't understand sometimes...

Some people look at the world of music through a needle hole, these people miss the very beauty of music. Then there are those who look at the world of music from a mountain top, where there are no critics, an no one telling them what they should and should not play. These people see music in it's perfect beautiful form.

Back in the day Slash solo'ed out to Somewhere Over The Rainbow. No one complained about that, but the very second that the "new guys" solo out to Beatuiful by Christina, there are mobs ready to lynch them up. I don't understand Guns N' Roses fans sometimes. You complain because of the lack of new material, you get new material, then after listening to the songs OVER AND OVER again, you critique and criticize them, then you complain because the band isn't touring, so the band tours, and it's not enough that the Guns are playing HALF of their upcomming album, in an age where we have the internet, and bootlegs could end up on the radio being played every hour on the hour because it's a new one from GNR, nope that's not enough, you expect the whole set list to be new material with a few old ones. Naturally, that isn't what you get, so you complain about the set list. Oh and lets not forget about Axl's look. You wanted him to ditch the hip hop look, so he does, you wanted him to wear leather, he does that too. Yet you complain cause he wears it for 4 shows, which he happens to be doing for a DVD that the band is shooting.

I just don't understand sometimes...

Best Post Ever. You are 100% correct.

Not really sure, I don't remember hearing anything about Ron doing Somewhere Over The Rainbow.

....by the way, when I mentioned Slash solo'ing out to Over The Rainbow, I didn't mean it as a diss. I think the world of Slash and his ability as a guitar player. I just wanted to make sure that no one took that example the wrong way.

Edited by Ultrastar

Guest roses_are_red

guns are going down.. at the end its only me in the concert

i btw like aguilera's beautiful, i used to listen to pop and it was one of my faves..

*embarrased*

guns are going down.. at the end its only me in the concert

i btw like aguilera's beautiful, i used to listen to pop and it was one of my faves..

*embarrased*

I still listen to it, I like any song that is good, regardless of genre. Moreblack don't discriminate.

Guest RonMexico82
I didn't see people bitch'in when slash and gilby covered "wild Horses" by the Rolling Stones so why bitch now. Its a cover,get over it. Its not like there gonna change guns into the next Hanson LOL. Didn't GNR Cover "Come Together" by the beatles?????

I'd rather hear Wild Horses or a Beatles cover any day than Beautiful. This is supposed to be a rock n' fuckin roll band that is the most dangerous band in the world...what the fuck are they thinking, are they taking the piss or what??? I was at the Velvet Revolver concert in Denver last year and they covered Pink Floyd and The Doors Five To One, now thats what I want to hear not some gay ass bullshit.

I didn't see people bitch'in when slash and gilby covered "wild Horses" by the Rolling Stones so why bitch now. Its a cover,get over it. Its not like there gonna change guns into the next Hanson LOL. Didn't GNR Cover "Come Together" by the beatles?????

Of course they cover songs. All bands cover songs. I bet like a third of GNR songs are covers. Anyone ever hear of The Spaghetti Incident? All covers guys. Knockin' on Heaven's Door, Live and Let Die, Hair of the Dog... all covers. They cover a lot of shit... but they make it sound sick. I'm sure it couldn't have been that bad... although I'm sure Slash and Izzy woulda done a helluva a number on it. Oh well, one can dream! As long as Axl is screechin', I'll be listening

I dont understand you people...

if the song is good,then it is good!!it doesn't matter who sings/plays it

or which gendre of music belongs...rock,pop,rap....

be more open-minded geez

its good....i like that song....

and I didnt hear how that song sounded on show

so I cant make judge coz I didnt hear it,and probably everyone else who weren't on the show...coz I guess threre are jet no good audio recordings from show...?

Ok, so fucking what?

I think its great they did it. And i'm not just saying that because I like kissing GNR's ass all the time:)

Its a big risk to cover a Christina Ageilara (however you spell her last name) song and yes, it does make everyone think 'What the hell is this??'.

....but isn't that what Axl...has always been doing?

:)

Edited by *ParadiseCityGirl*

From The Godfather to Christina Aguilera..

I just don't know anymore..

-Kickingthehabit

that's exactly what I thought when I was listening to it live.

What does Axl... we'll I bet they ask him before they want to play a song, I suppose he'd say no If they wanted to play Macarena :rofl-lol: