TWAT and IRS new leaks discussion

gnr=axl

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These "new" old leaks are how the songs would sound if buckethead had never joined the band, and if they had not recruited Bumblefoot to take his place. They are much more straight forward, and don't have any shredding in them.

Personally, I think they sound more like older GNR, because of the lack of shredding, but at the same time, more boring than the original leaks.

These "new" old leaks are how the songs would sound if buckethead had never joined the band, and if they had not recruited Bumblefoot to take his place. They are much more straight forward, and don't have any shredding in them.

Personally, I think they sound more like older GNR, because of the lack of shredding, but at the same time, more boring than the original leaks.

The new leaks are exactly what you said, what the band would be like without Buckethead. Boring. These new leaks have no balls like the older leaks. Buckethead is the life force of this band, without a virtuoso like him adding to the songs, they just don't have that spark.

The have not a patch on the old songs.

IRS is interesting though, it sounds funkier and goes in a whole different direction, it's interesting but ultimately I don't think it quite works....

i've listened to both leaks now, and i think there are tracks missing from the mix. i think whoever ripped these off got something in a very raw, incomplete stage. the orchrastrations are so high in the mix and there's almost no guitar. plus, IRS has that 'reverse delayed' guitar part instead of the power chords. i don't think, even as demos, that this is how they were intended to sound. they're just wierd and incomplete sounding.

Edited by artfromtex