THE GUNS N' ROSES RIR 2006 // ONLINE THREAD

ukrockgirl

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching the playback now..... and just a couple of notes:

1. I've seen Axl smile and laugh more in the past 90 minutes than I did in the 6 years between '88-'93!

2. Bumblefoot is a PHENOMENAL addition! Seems to be a real good guy too!

3. The whole band in general is gelling and Axl has selected a tremendous line-up! Robin and Richard are great players, Brain is fantastic.... just couldn't be happier with this band!!!

4. Robin and Richard's "Beautiful" rendition was pretty soulful and I enjoyed it!

B) :rolleyes:

Just another newbie in the pool... But I was there and I have a lot to say!

The show just rocked'on really hard! I've been waiting for this in a long time and I was overwelmed with what Axl (I must agree it's not GN'R but Axl) put up for us!!!

The live sound was great (some minor faults) and in my humble opinion, the show was for early years fans. Lots of Appetitte which I believe that can be explained by:

- a lot of nostalgia over this album and thats what everyone wants to hear;

- all the pressure about Steve and Izzy departure of the band;

- trying to burry the past (namely UYI) which reflected in the use of cover songs, UCBM (movie related) and November Rain (Axl has to show his piano skills);

- the album is still a safety network for them and they are sure that they will please as long as they play it (http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=146 - favorite/least favorite songs).

Personal note: if everyone didn't dwell on what has been and focused on what is happening and can be done, I believe that GN'R would be a lot looser and wouldn't have to stick to the routine. I remember an interview I recently saw in yourtube.com from UYI tour in which Axl cleary says with a grind "Sometimes I just wanna bury Appetite". Imagine how he feels after 15 years doing the same!

The show:

Excelent start! That effects intro just gets the heart pumpin' and the blood rushin'... Then "Do you know where the fuck you are?!" that blew everyone! I believe that the bootle of boose (gin?) he had was a link to the past and a way to show he is still a old school bad rocker motherf! He didn't need it, we know! The show continued with a very positive and good energy and lots of old and new Axl moments.

Highlight points:

Axl threw a lot of memorablia to the crowd (and he could have thrown some bottles of water too, specially for the first rows). He also went to the crowd on the left os the stage for them to get a closer look and at the second visit he even thouched a few of them (even though with caution because he had his share of riots!).

Pyro was very good and was placed in the righ order and at the right places (there was even fireworks at the top of the stage). My congratulations to those responsible for this. November Rain was awsome!

Good vibe during the show and an excelent backstage team. My regards to all of you involved. GN'R usually starts at least an hour over the established time but you managed to set things really quickly.

Axl: "Thanks for putting up with all of us. Thanks for putting us with me!" You might not mean it but it sure feels nice to hear it!

The Blues, YCBM, NR, WTTJ, Rocket Queen and Out ta Get me were the best ones for me. You definetly still rock!!!!

Finck had some moments with the public repeating Axl's public encounter but much more drastically trying to climb the protections. Later on he did the usual Axl's tour near the crowd between the stage and the sound tower.

Downs:

Axl was constanty going to the backstage. Was he reaching for oxygen? I know is not that young and even on the UYI tour he sometimes got it but it was too often!

Too much breaks and solos. One Slash's old style solos and another Bumblefoot's one would be enough.

Finck is strange and I don't like a bit his style and his way to walk or whatever he does! I do like this new band and I'm supportive to all that they do, but Slash, Matt, Duff and Izzy were great too! I would replace some of the current members by the old ones in the previous order.

Rock in Fu#%in' Rio could have provided us the chance to see Guns a bit longer! Fu#% the subway! I could have walked a bit more or catch a bus! Carl Cox's show lasted until 4 a.m. so why couldn't GN'R play a little longer? He would have a smaller crowd? Too bad! Bitch%n' organization! Get in the ring motherf%&ers and we'll kick your bitc#y little ass!!!

Paradise came too early and badly prepared. Axl seemed saturated of the songs they've played and the comments he made saying that this is a commercial show (I believe that "hit after hit" and four your pleasure of listening" were the expressions) weren't appropriate. He was in a good mood and this can result of the humour. In this case I take back what I've said but it didn't felt nice.

Last note: (Finally!) IT ROCKED AND ROCKED HARD!!! I WAITED A LONG TIME FOR THIS AND I MUST HAVE CHINESE DEMOCRACY (or republic like someone said)!

Axl: If you ever pass by Portugal again feel free to contact me and I can make sure that you spend a good time here with us and that you get to know our beautiful country.

Peace Gunners!

Edited by Shakoo

The show just rocked'on really hard! I've been waiting for this in a long time and I was overwelmed with what Axl (I must agree it's not GN'R but Axl) put up for us!!!

The live sound was great (some minor faults) and in my humble opinion, the show was for early years fans. Lots of Appetitte which I believe that can be explained by:

- a lot of nostalgia over this album and thats what everyone wants to hear;

- all the pressure about Steve and Izzy departure of the band;

- trying to burry the past (namely UYI) which reflected in the use of cover songs, UCBM (movie related) and November Rain (Axl has to show his piano skills);

- the album is still a safety network for them and they are sure that they will please as long as they play it (http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=146 - favorite/least favorite songs).

Personal note: if everyone didn't dwell on what has been and focused on what is happening and can be done, I believe that GN'R would be a lot looser and wouldn't have to stick to the routine. I remember an interview I recently saw in yourtube.com from UYI tour in which Axl cleary says with a grind "Sometimes I just wanna bury Appetite". Imagine how he feels after 15 years doing the same!

The show:

Excelent start! That effects intro just gets the heart pumpin' and the blood rushin'... Then "Do you know where the fuck you are?!" that blew everyone! I believe that the bootle of boose (gin?) he had was a link to the past and a way to show he is still a old school bad rocker motherf! He didn't need it, we know! The show continued with a very positive and good energy and lots of old and new Axl moments.

Highlight points:

Axl threw a lot of memorablia to the crowd (and he could have thrown some bottles of water too, specially for the first rows). He also went to the crowd on the left os the stage for them to get a closer look and at the second visit he even thouched a few of them (even though with caution because he had his share of riots!).

Pyro was very good and was placed in the righ order and at the right places (there was even fireworks at the top of the stage). My congratulations to those responsible for this. November Rain was awsome!

Good vibe during the show and an excelent backstage team. My regards to all of you involved. GN'R usually starts at least an hour over the established time but you managed to set things really quickly.

Axl: "Thanks for putting up with all of us. Thanks for putting us with me!" You might not mean it but it sure feels nice to hear it!

The Blues, YCBM, NR, WTTJ, Rocket Queen and Out ta Get me were the best ones for me. You definetly still rock!!!!

Finck had some moments with the public repeating Axl's public encounter but much more drastically trying to climb the protections. Later on he did the usual Axl's tour near the crowd between the stage and the sound tower.

Downs:

Axl was constanty going to the backstage. Was he reaching for oxygen? I know is not that young and even on the UYI tour he sometimes got it but it was too often!

Too much breaks and solos. One Slash's old style solos and another Bumblefoot's one would be enough.

Finck is strange and I don't like a bit his style and his way to walk or whatever he does! I do like this new band and I'm supportive to all that they do, but Slash, Matt, Duff and Izzy were great too! I would replace some of the current members by the old ones in the previous order.

Rock in Fu#%in' Rio could have provided us the chance to see Guns a bit longer! Fu#% the subway! I could have walked a bit more or catch a bus! Carl Cox's show lasted until 4 a.m. so why couldn't GN'R play a little longer? He would have a smaller crowd? Too bad! Bitch%n' organization! Get in the ring motherf%&ers and we'll kick your bitc#y little ass!!!

Paradise came too early and badly prepared. Axl seemed saturated of the songs they've played and the comments he made saying that this is a commercial show (I believe that "hit after hit" and four your pleasure of listening" were the expressions) weren't appropriate. He was in a good mood and this can result of the humour. In this case I take back what I've said but it didn't felt nice.

Last note: (Finally!) IT ROCKED AND ROCKED HARD!!! I WAITED A LONG TIME FOR THIS AND I MUST HAVE CHINESE DEMOCRACY (or republic like someone said)!

Axl: If you ever pass by Portugal again feel free to contact me and I can make sure that you spend a good time here with us and that you get to know our beautiful country.

Peace Gunners!

You said Everything.. The Show was fuc*** amazing.. Let's hope they come back..again with the Chinese.. Japanese Whatever.. Just Want to see Again GUNSSSS !!! rock1 rock3 rock2

Peace Gunners!

You said Everything.. The Show was fuc*** amazing.. Let's hope they come back..again with the Chinese.. Japanese Whatever.. Just Want to see Again GUNSSSS !!! rock1 rock3 rock2

Thanks mate! Peace to all and Guns N' Roses for everyone! (can't wait for the fall)

rir9yh.jpg

great night! shame dory didnt see it <_<

and heres how i spent it! watching it on media player, a back up aol feed, mygnr, and a convo with username whils we talk about ways the kill the sound tech guy :heart: