How great will the rest of this year be for all GNR fans!

Nightcrawler

Axl is touring again and planning the album release finally. he has been able to create the musical sound he wanted and the band that can make it.

Slash and the boys have VR and will be out with an album and tour soon as well, doing the music in the style they want to do it.

Izzy just shows up and plays music with either band whenever he wants.

I just thought I would create a thread that acknowledges how great the future for fans of all eras of GNR can be if we go with the flow and enjoy it

Members of the band we loved are all doing the music they want to do in the way they want to do it without compromise. Axl, Slash and Duff are all doing the music the way they want to do it, and that wouldn't have been possible with them together.

We get Axls vision and Slashs vision.

We get the best of both worlds in 2006. How great is that?

Edited by Nightcrawler

:lol: So true and he still cashes in every time one of his songs is played. Writing credits right? Izzy is the man.

Izzy is the man, I bet if he brought Steve to a GNR show, Axl would even let adler sit in for a song.

Throught Izzy we get our GNR reunion by proxy, he plays a show with axl, then a show with VR rock2

:lol: So true and he still cashes in every time one of his songs is played. Writing credits right? Izzy is the man.

Actually, no.

Unless the band was planning on recording the song for a live album, Izzy won't get a penny.

No, actually Slash Izzy and Duff and Axl all get paid whenever any act pplays a GNR song they collaborated on in concert, legally. it's the law. Court TV did a segmant on it when VR was touring. They may not get much, but they do get paid.

Except for KOHD and live and let die. Dylan and Mccartney get paid for those.

Edited by Nightcrawler

Actually, no.

Unless the band was planning on recording the song for a live album, Izzy won't get a penny.

Wrong. Guns N' Roses are selling tickets based on the assumption that they're gonna play Guns N' Roses songs which Izzy wrote/co-wrote. I used to think that way too but it's not the case. If a band is useing another bands song in a concert they're making money off it because they have in fact sold tickets to the event which include said song. It's the same as buying a live album. Plus Izzy still gets jack every time a song gets played on radio anyways so it doesn't matter. he gets payed regardless

But yeah, what a great summer with axl and his guns on tour, albums from VR and Axl coming out. the bitching about the bands will never stop of course, but it's great to have some positive stuff to talk about in the music world that's related to our Guns alumni.

We all know Axl is going to give us his best and bring the best out of his band on the album...And VR working on an album right now, with Axls return, they are bound to turn it up and make a more accessable album to GNR fans. Slash and Axl always competed musically and that's why GNR was so great. I expect Slash to really shine this album.

Axl is touring again and planning the album release finally.

I remain doubtful.

Would be great to get new material from both camps, though.

based on the last chinese democracy tour I understand that. Somehow this feels like the real thing, but the longer the record company takes to put the record out, the more time there is for axl to decide to can it.

I hope he's not using the tour to gage whether or not people are ready fto embrace the new band, because tour crowds can be fickle with a new band playing old songs.

until the album is out because nobody knows what the band is about.

Axl is touring again and planning the album release finally.

I remain doubtful.

Would be great to get new material from both camps, though.

based on the last chinese democracy tour I understand that. Somehow this feels like the real thing, but the longer the record company takes to put the record out, the more time there is for axl to decide to can it.

I hope he's not using the tour to gage whether or not people are ready fto embrace the new band, because tour crowds can be fickle with a new band playing old songs.

until the album is out because nobody knows what the band is about.

The record company isn't the holdup. It's the lead singer/founder.

I don't know. GNR is a machine right now. It seems like Axl is finally comfortable with the new members. VR is good but they are only one heroin bust away from being done. Why has Duff been playing with AIC if they are in such a good place. I like VR; but they are going to use Pharell as a producer??? That sounds fricking stupid.

Why has Duff been playing with AIC if they are in such a good place. I like VR; but they are going to use Pharell as a producer???

Because playing with Jerry Cantrell would be an awesome experience. Pharell is producing one song only, and you have no idea what he's capable of.

I don't know. GNR is a machine right now. It seems like Axl is finally comfortable with the new members. VR is good but they are only one heroin bust away from being done. Why has Duff been playing with AIC if they are in such a good place. I like VR; but they are going to use Pharell as a producer??? That sounds fricking stupid.

Axl is not the picture of stabilty, he has a fondness for splenda himself and could just vanish at any time for no reason. Duff is playing 3 gigs with AIC. Pharell may do a song for varitey. Slash downplayed his involvement with the band, and saying it's stupid before it's done is like saying CD is better than AFD without hearing it. Scott may relapse, but slash and izzy seemed to remain clean over the years, so no reason why scott can't, he was a lightweight compared to them according to duff.

So yeah , either band could go up in smoke at any time, but either band could also record a classic album.