Sonny Boy Williamson II

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

entirely original??? The guy stole the name of John Lee Williamson. Real original.

Artistically. No one sang, played the harp, or wrote like him. He was one of a kind, which is ironic since his name was indeed stolen.

My Dad has got a couple of his albums, it's pretty good. My Dad told me that when he was playing one time he had a bucket that he would spit into everynow and then and after the show the bucket was full of blood. Now if that isn't the stuff of legend, I don't know what is.

My Dad has got a couple of his albums, it's pretty good. My Dad told me that when he was playing one time he had a bucket that he would spit into everynow and then and after the show the bucket was full of blood. Now if that isn't the stuff of legend, I don't know what is.

That story comes from The Band actually, they sought him out and did some playing with him in the weeks before he died.

Hey your dad's Robbie Robertson??? Tell him he's a dick from Levon!

:book:

I've met Levon's daughter actually, anyone listen to Ollabelle?

Nice one I've never heard any of her music but I'd like to see one of those concerts they used to throw, I think it was called Levon's Midnight Ramble and she done most of the singing while Levon recovered from cancer.

On topic I only know that story from the Waltz, I've never heard anything by Sonny Boy, but I prefer the story Levon tells on the Band is Back, they were squirmin'!

Nice one I've never heard any of her music but I'd like to see one of those concerts they used to throw, I think it was called Levon's Midnight Ramble and she done most of the singing while Levon recovered from cancer.

On topic I only know that story from the Waltz, I've never heard anything by Sonny Boy, but I prefer the story Levon tells on the Band is Back, they were squirmin'!

Ollabelle is the group she's in, and they've only one album. It's mostly old gospel songs, very good album.

I've heard about those shows at Levon's house as well, pretty wild.

check out Charley Patton, Leadbelly, Blind Lemon Jefferson & Josh White if ur into the blues although any attempt at listing cool blues people'd take a coupla hours.

I listen to them, although I prefer Skip James.