Why is his voice so low!!!

Jessiee422

I'm listening to the Rock in Rio concert now and his voice sounds so low?? What is going on?? Is it because it's outside? is the equipment messed up or is he losing his voice??

Because the mixing is fuckin' horrible. He sounds good when you can hear him.

Anyone who claims that Axl sounds the same as he did in 2002 is a fucking idiot.

Axl sounds amazing tonight! It's like night and day bewteen now and 2002. Gone is the mickey mouse voice and back is the fucking powerhouse crotch on barbed wire vocals that can makes many an ear drum bleed.

Welcome back Axl...WE FUCKING LOVE YOU!

There is something very wrong with the sound feed coming through on this, half the time I hear voice, then I don't, then just guitar or some other instrument....I think it's just the sound feed we are getting from Network Live that is the issue though, I doubt the actual concert sounds this way or Axl would have walked off

For the audience's sake I hope it's just the feed we're getting from AOL. Those fuckers!!!! How hard is it to turn up a microphone?? I don't know the first thing about this crap but shouldn't someone be able to fix it relatively quickly?? I'm getting mad! Some idiot is ruining a perfectly good show for all of us who can't be there! :anger:

I haven't heard Axls voice once in Rocket Queen, only fucking thing I can hear is a fucking organ.

I hope people get fired over this.

l agree :angry:

l like it but lt could be a god concert to sell like theone in tokio and some stupid people who dont know nothing about mixing and equalizing .... :huh:

I should remind you that this is a truly RAW feed we are getting. That means it's probably coming off of the FOH (front of house) mix or possibly a monitor mix and being provided for AOL's use. It isn't perfect and won't be as there are constant on-going adjustments which we are hearing ahppen LIVE.

Also remember that the audio is probably being INTENTIONALLY fucked up for the AOL feed to fuck over anybody trying to bootleg it.

first they bitch that his voice is too high...then they bitch that its too low...what is wrong with people??? the dude is in his 40's not gonna sound like he did 20 yrs ago, deal with it... however his voice sounds freaking great, and he has a lot of energy tonight!!!

They're talkin' about the sound level on his vocal mix...not his actual voice.

Anyone who claims that Axl sounds the same as he did in 2002 is a fucking idiot.

Axl sounds amazing tonight! It's like night and day bewteen now and 2002. Gone is the mickey mouse voice and back is the fucking powerhouse crotch on barbed wire vocals that can makes many an ear drum bleed.

Welcome back Axl...WE FUCKING LOVE YOU!

Amen to that

I heard him at the Hammerstein and it was GREAT! They need to level out the sound somehow. Sometimes it's real loud and then just fades out. He must be pissed!

yeah...who ever was behind the sound mix, should be shot!

sometimes you couldn't hear the Guitar playing at all!

Axl sounded fantastic!........it was just the sound mix problems!

I was at the May 12th show in NYC and his voice is perfect however, in songs where he is not yelling 100%, he is often too low in the mix.... I guess this is what happens when you have 1 drum, 1 bass, 3 guitars, 2 keyboards... Come on, they should cut one guitar and one keyboard.... and have Axl higher in the mix on lower key singing tunes...