RIR3 vs. RIR5

Speed Stone

Guest siliconmessiah

This was LIGHTYEARS. And then I mean fuckin´ LIGHTYEARS from the joke in 2001.

The BAND Guns n Roses are back again! Thank you!

ya know...i was just looking at the iron maiden dvd from last year....and Bruce Dickinson is older than Axl Rose..and he ran around like CRAZY, wasnt tired...wasnt outta breath..i think Axl is slackin off if an older rocker can pwn him so badly....Bruce is 4? years old than Axl?

...and yeah..after watching the replay(s), the band was pretty static on stage..sticking to their own area so to speak....hmm...definately a diff band..i wonder if they were teritorial...hmm.

and Id compare Brain to either Dave Lombardo, or Danny Carey for skill..that guy is right up there in my opinion :D

Edited by ASLayerAODsk

i haven't seen RIR 5

yet

so I don't know

Well people I was there!

I have no idea how the sound was on tv or internet. But i can say that it was fucking amazing and Axl's voice seamed really good. Comparing to RIR3.... well now this is a band! Then just an amount of guys pretending to be a band. He runs less but he is 44.... so! Robin showed really spirit trying to climb on a fence. Axl looked calm, professional and enjoying himself.....

But it's just my opinion....

By the way....I did see GNR in 92..... so it's not my first time with them!

ya know...i was just looking at the iron maiden dvd from last year....and Bruce Dickinson is older than Axl Rose..and he ran around like CRAZY, wasnt tired...wasnt outta breath..i think Axl is slackin off if an older rocker can pwn him so badly....Bruce is 4? years old than Axl?

...and yeah..after watching the replay(s), the band was pretty static on stage..sticking to their own area so to speak....hmm...definately a diff band..i wonder if they were teritorial...hmm.

and Id compare Brain to either Dave Lombardo, or Danny Carey for skill..that guy is right up there in my opinion :D

Dickinson is amazing.

Edited by FunkyMonk

It struck me how much better RIR5 was to RIR3. Axl sounded better (although he made a few glitches along the way), the band had better chemistry and just looked more like a band. Load of faults with the sound though, which could have been the stream. I was surprised by November Rain really, I don't really like hearing it played live usually because it never really translates to the live performance but RIR5's one was great.

RIR5 easily.

The band had a lot more presence, and everyone on stage seemed so much more "together".

Plus, Axl was fantastic, you could tel he was genuinely excited and happy to be up there performing B)

Dickinson shits all over Axl in terms of singing, stage presence and being all around performer and entertainer. He is truly in a class and level of his own.

Dickinson shits all over Axl in terms of singing, stage presence and being all around performer and entertainer. He is truly in a class and level of his own.

then how come axl always tops greatest frontmen lists and bruce barely makes them? :rofl-lol: