Gn'R:Rock In Rio 06 "Hits N' Misses"

Jackamo!

Here's an idea....

Hits

- Nightrain was absolutely amazing! I think it should be the new opener. They did it flawless and the solo just rocked. I wish every song was this good live.

- Bumblefoot. He was amazing, he played amazing solos and had a great appeal. I think he's here to stay.

Misses

- Too many solos. The drum solos are pretty much pointless these days and if they only have a limited time on stage- they shouldn't waste it.

-Robin Finck. I like Finck but tonight he was just off key. His solos were disppointing.

- Songs like Out Ta Get Me should be taken off the setlist and we need more new songs. The tour is to promote a new cd but they play old material.

Now your turn.

Edited by Jackamo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Bumblefoot was spot on. Axl's voice was pretty great too.

However, the overdose of solos and lack of new material (and old favourites such as Don't Cry) really ranked high on the misses.

Edited by Solidius

Nightrain and Out Ta Get Me sounded awesome. It's funny because his voice was vastly better on the Appetite tracks than in 2001 and 2002, back then he couldn't handle them, now he handles them a lot better than some of the UYI and CD material.

NR was an absolute highlight.

Downs - too many solos, bad transmission and audio glitches on our side, Axl was really out of breath at times and just didn't have the energy he used to have, there wasn't much chemistry with the rest of the band, Robin Finck sucked and they played a pretty shitty setlist over all - not that they were bad songs or anything, but it was too similar to what we've had before - he should have done some other stuff, even if not new songs then at least some random UYI / other Appetite stuff.

Lows:

- I think the solos need to be more melodious and instrumental-like, instead of just wank or shred-fests. I really like Robin's beautiful solos on the 2002 tour. Gimme some more solos like 'Beautiful'. Something catchy that the fans can feel.

- AOL audio.

- Too few UYI songs.

Highs:

- Everything else, damnit!

Edited by bluesy

Here's an idea....

Hits

- Nightrain was absolutely amazing! I think it should be the new opener. They did it flawless and the solo just rocked. I wish every song was this good live.

- Bumblefoot. He was amazing, he played amazing solos and had a great appeal. I think he's here to stay.

Now your turn.

The highlight was by far bumblefoot with the little don't cry solo and November rain was crazy.

Hits

-november rain was awesome

-nightrain was awesome

-and everything else

Misses:

-bad audio quality on axls voice alot

- couldnt hear the solo that great on SCOM

-Axl started to sing too early on paitence

- Songs like Out Ta Get Me should be taken off the setlist and we need more new songs. The tour is to promote a new cd but they play old material.

I'd be quick to disagree. :D Out Ta Get Me was one of the most hard rocking performances they did when I saw them in NYC on the 14th. I wasn't happy when I heard the song was on the setlist before but now I've been convinced. rock3

I only have heard Paradise City, so these are brief notes.

Hits: Axl sounded pretty good. Sounds like he sounded in the late 90s. The band rocked in the middle part of the song.

Misses: Band didn't get the opening of PC right - that's a major error on a GnR anthem. The outro solo wasn't very good.

Overall it sounded good, but messing up a GnR classic isn't a good sign for long term success.

The whole show was amazing. The only real problem I had was the AOL audio. Sometimes the guitars drowned out the vocals and vice versa. I actually didn't mind there being so many solos, and I really enjoyed when Ron threw Don't Cry into his.

It thought it was OK at the very beginning and it kept getting better as the show went on. The only bad thing was the audio kept going quiet, then all of a sudden it would get loud and scare the shit out of me. Over all, it was cool as hell. :krider:

Hits:

Bumblefoot's Don't Cry Jam (Most emotional part of the show IMO)

November Rain (Best version since the original band, without a doubt)

Beautiful duet

Enxtended horn/keyboard intro to LALD

Misses:

AOL audio

Accelerando at the beginning of Nightrain (Just doesn't do it for me)

IRS (Axl's vocal's seemed way off in some spots)

Where were CD and Maddy? :anger:

When Bubblefoot started playing don't cry on his solo I was like "Damnit if you are going to play the guitar part then why dont you join in"!

The thing I was most pissed off about is there is no UYI material!

:lol: Bubblefoot!

But I really liked how the fans song along to Don't Cry.

I think the only lows of the entire show was the 35gallonshitdrum AOL sound...Sure there were some minor glitches with Axl starting a bit pre-mature on patience, and the P C whistle that came out for the orgy but never got blown.

Aside from that I think Finck was a bit of a let down tonight as well. Fortus should clearly take over his spot for lead guitar and Finck should stick to rythm. The Beautiful solo by Fortus was INCREDIBLE and that was pretty much the best thing finck played all night when he joined in.

Bumblefoot...yeah, he had his highs and lows, November rain was a work of wonderful guitar art, but alot of his other solo's sounded little better than a constipated grandfather attempting to take a shit

Hemade up for his bad ones with the Don't Cry resurresction solo and he won over alot of fans (including myself) at that very moment

Axl's voice is Fucking wonderful, WONDERFUL. I can honestly say he sounded better tonight than I have EVER heard him sound live...and thats cool because the RIR III show was the WORST I have EVER heard him sound.

Madagascar?

TWAT?

Chinese demoacracy?

I was hoping for these...but I think that may have spoiled us anyways

Madagascar?

TWAT?

Chinese demoacracy?

I was hoping for these...but I think that may have spoiled us anyways

Same. I was really hoping for TWAT, since it's my favorite of the new leaks. Hopefully they'll play TWAT again real soon. :no: