Gn'R:Rock In Rio 06 "Hits N' Misses"

Jackamo!

Huge miss no new material or at least other classics :no: also the audio in some parts

Huge hit NIGHTRAIN BBF if the FUCKING MAN, also when the wings came out of the guitar, that was amazing....the first three songs kicked so much ass!!!! and also seeing Axl's tattos was great.

They fucked up PS Axl didn't even blow the whistle :P and sang early in Patience :xmassrudolph:

Also the part when they started LALD then stoped then stared again....I got so scared :scared: I thought Axl had left :scared:

I got the whole show on video great quality and sound but don't know how to put it into the PC :question:

Kannon.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

cant believe some of you complaining about to many solos!....you got to be kidding me?

a Rock N' Roll without solos?!? come on now!

I want more solos! ........ The solos were Beautiful! rock2

No....

What we need is Civil War & Don't Cry!

AH!

:xmasssanta:

I agree with you 100%.

Edited by Solidius

I was AMAZED when Bumblefoot played Don't Cry...probably one of hte most beautiful moments I've ever seen.

I missed the first half, props to my friend for sending me thel ink. But I was blown away by the blues and how well Axl sounded--all I've heard so far were the remasters from NYC, but man--I don't think there's any denying that our boy is back.

I was AMAZED when Bumblefoot played Don't Cry...probably one of hte most beautiful moments I've ever seen.

I missed the first half, props to my friend for sending me thel ink. But I was blown away by the blues and how well Axl sounded--all I've heard so far were the remasters from NYC, but man--I don't think there's any denying that our boy is back.

Axl is definately back man, i'm with ya 100% on that one. But the blues on the other hand...i was very let down by that song. The RIR 2001 performance wasn't the greatest of it either, but I have three other boots of it in 2002 and it kicked the 06 versions...even his voice was good on the blues in 02 plus the new intro in my opinion is awful in 06. One of my favorit aspects of the song was the piano followed by four guitars kicking in before Axl starts to sing.

Don't get me wrong, it was good that he did at least play it and audio problems aside it was well done.

I almost had a heart attack when the crowd started singing don;t cry for bumblefoot...that was amazing!

and by he way, the GNR show is playing over and over again on AOL now, so you can still watch what ya missed.

Edited by allen8r

That performance was just..wow.

KOHD seemed strikingly emotional tonight for some reason...and the looks on all the fans faces in the front row were priceless .but the only thing I didn't like was that Axl didn't sing the 'Hey Hey HeYeah' after 'knock knock knockin' on heavens door'. Mabye it was just that way for tonight. But I thought that song was fucking amazing..

Axl's voice seemed really good despite the shitty 'off board' sound they did to put it online. Although I was holding my breath right before the last notes of SCOM...but he hit them! rock3

And I loved Axls little piano solo...what was it..."Fucking off in G"? :)

When Bumblefoot started playing Don't Cry I was freakin out and my sister was like 'uh, are you ok?'...I thought they were gonna do the whole song! Do you think Axl told Ron to do that? Or do you think he did it on his own?? I was really wanting Slash there at that point.

Ah I can't stop talking about the show...but I will now :)

Edited by *ParadiseCityGirl*

wow....what a great show

good:

-chemistry between band

-axls voice

-dont cry thing

-solo ''beautiful''

-nightrain

-november rain

-band wasnt late too much :D

-everything else

expect:

-that Aol fuckin sound,I didnt hear shit is some songs.....neither drums,guitar,keybords or vocal...nothing.....

-no chinese democracy :(

-no big rants.....I was hoping for some,but nevermind, it was great show!

Edited by Martina

ok my two cents:

UPS:

- The setlist (minus points later), switching irs and better, and an early sweet child o mine made it more atractive to me.

- axl in my eyes was really fantastic, in a good mood and (whenever you could hear him right) his voice is awesome, better than i imagined.

- i loved the band james when axl was singing, they should do that more, become a band.

- dizzy`s intro to live and let die

- my personal highlight. KOHD, i never thought this can be played in such a beatiful way. just awesome

- "How many of thought we didn`t show up tonight?? Ah i see all hands raised, that`s how you motherfuckers are!!" Famous!!

DOWNS:

- the crowd....come on guys that was a rock show not a stand together

- songs they didn`t play. they wastet time on the solo`s instead of TWAT, CHIND and MADDY

- AOL sound

- MIXING, fucking christ, the mixingon all their shows is just horrible. the techs are supposed to be professionals?? I can do that better. it was just aweful.

- cut the single solos short, more james instead, except the robin, richard solo was nice

SO: all in all a fantastic show, looking forward to let myself be called "download motherfucker" next week in germany. Guns are back, much better than i imagined. Work on the mixing and AXL PLEASE GIVE ME TWAT NEXT WEEK: PLEASE!!!!!!!

how can you judge crowd if you werent there?

I couldnt hear crowd because of that shit mixing,but if you werent there how do you know what was the energy of crowd?

lets wait for some reviews and then you can say somethin,but its not the same to watch it over the net and to be right there....

as I've read some,everyone who were there said the crowd was on fire!

Yeah, plus almost everyone was there to see gn'r. I didn't see ONE single person wearing a The Darkness shirt, for example. It was either gn'r or xutos & pontapés.

And, there were people from all over the world to see them... i saw persons with shirts saying things like "dutch democracy" or "greece loves gn'r"... many brazilians there also... and so on.

When the wttj intro started, the crowd went crazy... and when axl said "you know where the fuck you are?" the place went fucking nuts!

Here's an idea....

Hits

- Nightrain was absolutely amazing! I think it should be the new opener. They did it flawless and the solo just rocked. I wish every song was this good live.

- Bumblefoot. He was amazing, he played amazing solos and had a great appeal. I think he's here to stay.

Misses

- Too many solos. The drum solos are pretty much pointless these days and if they only have a limited time on stage- they shouldn't waste it.

-Robin Finck. I like Finck but tonight he was just off key. His solos were disppointing.

- Songs like Out Ta Get Me should be taken off the setlist and we need more new songs. The tour is to promote a new cd but they play old material.

Now your turn.

Here's an idea...

Hits:

- Guns N' Roses finaly made their comeback.

- Axl is in a pretty good condition.

- The complete band is fucking great.

- It's nice to see Axl having so much fun.

Misses

- Most of you who always search something to complain. Something what we didn't expected for a couple of years finaly happens and most of you have to complain about the clothes Axl is wearing,the solo's,the setlist,the bandmembers,... Be thankfull to Axl that he do a comeback.

IMO the show fuckin ruled i watched it all through the night and it was worth staying up for. Robin really has gotten better he has impressed me loads :)

But im not sure if it was just the stream but in some of the songs the guitars were quite quiet for instance in some songs i actually couldn't hear the solos anyone else have that and in SCOM axl started to sort of lose his voice and he was singing but not much was coming out his mouth but apart form that the show kicked ass rock3

ok,I'm just watching show again and kohd sounded amaizing,and this lald intro

beautiful

irs - great...just great

now I dont care about sound mix this show was amaizing,and I dont care there were no big rants

and to anyone who say crowd was dead,look again....

umm...only one miss....no chinese democracy...I love that song and it kicks ass live...