Fan Reviews of RIR

Matty Boy

That was such a lame show. I thought RIR meant a lot to Axl... Guess Not! Only 2 new songs and the Blues were played from the new bands catalogue. I thought RIR was supposed to be the big launch for the new band? Axl's making these guys look like a glorified cover band. I hope Tommy doesn't feel bad that Axl didn't give him a bass solo tonight. Sorry guys, I'm just choked at how pathetic that show was.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe he didn't want to play a bunch of unreleased songs on a show broadcast wordwide prior to the album release?

That was one of the reasons I thought they needed an album to tour, and people got all bitchy with me over it, but how can he play the new songs at big shows without the album out?

maybe he didn't want to play a bunch of unreleased songs on a show broadcast wordwide prior to the album release?

That was one of the reasons I thought they needed an album to tour, and people got all bitchy with me over it, but how can he play the new songs at big shows without the album out?

Yeah, but they could have played at least "Used to love her" or TWAT, not that super-generic setlist

Look,i have to really agree with the guy who started this thread. I like many of you proberly played guitar for years so IMO i think our views stand out more. Robin looked well out of his depth tonight...SERIOUSLY. Bumble was Class and really put his heart an effort into it but robin...PLEASE! Robin fucked up so many times i lost count,the 2 solos his did just bored the shit out of me,seem very simple laid back guitaring making me feel that i could of got a Job in GNR. Im sorry if my view piss's people off but hes doesn't deserve his place. At least back in the day Slash's bluesey ball solos were all different and origional and looked dam impressive. Even Bucket was more of an entertainer than finck. So Don't bash me saying "Oh you Slash worshiping fuck" cus IMO i hate Mr slash nowadays for the way hes treated us fans in recent weeks,its just at least him and bucket bought something uniqe to Guns.....Unlike ROBIN USELESS FINCK!!! Sorry people but you know im right about this to a degree.

By the way,Did anyone find that the sound levels in this gig was completely fucked up cus i felt like i wanted to beat the backstage sound man with a stick....Anyone else notice this????

I'm not some Newbie who hates this band. I spent over a thousand dollars to go to NY to see them opening night, which was a kickass show. In my opinion tonight sucked. I'm pissed off they didn't at least play Chinese Democracy, Madagascar, and TWAT.

Seriously people, stop following the band.

You obviously have no interest in the new band, so why put us through the boredom of your blanket criticism.

You lot have fucked up memories. In the 'good' old days, the band was absolutely shi$ live at times. I went to gigs where Izzy and Duff were off their faces and stumbling around with little clue of what was happening. I also went to shows where Axl sounded like Mickey Mouse in water one moment, then a deep growling mess the next.

Robin was great tonight, his only crime in your blinkered eyes is not being Slash.

Go watch Bon Jovi.

Yeah, but they could have played at least "Used to love her" or TWAT, not that super-generic setlist

Yeah, but did they play the songs the played well? I didn't see the show.

They are probably trying to really get the songs they are playing polished, the band hasn't toured much together. Not making excuses, I'd love to hear them play different stuff, GNR has such a deep catalogue, I'm curious why Axl isn't using more variety of old songs, you're right.

Could have done with saying a bit more, i dunno, probably because the show was Rock In Rio, if this was the same show in a less reknowned place and wasnt streamed for millions, it'd probably seem less under whelming to a lot of people.

I fucking enjoyed it either way, Robin, Ron and Richard's solos were awesome, just a shame the sound mix was bad.

EDIT - and i didnt hear one mess up from either guitarist all night, or tommy, or dizzy, or brain.

Edited by mr-fukaji

I'm not some Newbie who hates this band. I spent over a thousand dollars to go to NY to see them opening night, which was a kickass show. In my opinion tonight sucked. I'm pissed off they didn't at least play Chinese Democracy, Madagascar, and TWAT.

me too, although i wouldn't say it sucked, just it was nothing like being there in NY

lol, and i hate the sound guy :rofl-lol: , what were they thinking at the beginning

That was such a lame show. I thought RIR meant a lot to Axl... Guess Not! Only 2 new songs and the Blues were played from the new bands catalogue. I thought RIR was supposed to be the big launch for the new band? Axl's making these guys look like a glorified cover band. I hope Tommy doesn't feel bad that Axl didn't give him a bass solo tonight. Sorry guys, I'm just choked at how pathetic that show was.

Yeah, I think you're kinda right. OK, the soundmix being awful wasn't the band's fault, BUT:

- no new songs

- only 16 songs alltogether (with the setlist normally consisting of 18 songs, RiR III had even 20 songs!)

- no Axl rant, no information concerning the release of CD

- encore being cut short ("Dizzy, play Paradise!"): I didn't even know why such a short encore, because

Axl seemed in good spirits

- no special guest

- especially in Rock in Rio, which was said to be very important to Axl, I would have expected ANYTHING

unusual, which would make this gig a special show (remember the moving closing speech in RiR III?), but: there was NOTHING different than in any other show

I think Axl just missed a great opportunity to offer the general public something new.

the setlist sucked (as it will all year) but the performance was pretty damn good. still don't see why they need pittman, finck and dizzy- but whatever.

you're the same douche that thinks ron sucks, get a clue.

and how could you feel cheated after watching a FREE show?

Like i said,i don't support slash but i just think him or bucket would av done a better job and as 4 seeing the line ups i seen them from the adler era so stop ur bullshit. you obviously wasn't paying attention to how many times robin fucked up 2 night. Christ i love the new line,i just think robin sucks and that he wouldn't be missed if he wasn't in gnr!

Yeah, I think you're kinda right. OK, the soundmix being awful wasn't the band's fault, BUT:

- no new songs

- only 16 songs alltogether (with the setlist normally consisting of 18 songs, RiR III had even 20 songs!)

- no Axl rant, no information concerning the release of CD

- encore being cut short ("Dizzy, play Paradise!"): I didn't even know why such a short encore, because

Axl seemed in good spirits

- no special guest

- especially in Rock in Rio, which was said to be very important to Axl, I would have expected ANYTHING

unusual, which would make this gig a special show (remember the moving closing speech in RiR III?), but: there was NOTHING different than in any other show

I think Axl just missed a great opportunity to offer the general public something new.

How come some people are saying better irs and twat got played and some are saying no new songs? What is it?

Seriously people, stop following the band.

You obviously have no interest in the new band, so why put us through the boredom of your blanket criticism.

You lot have fucked up memories. In the 'good' old days, the band was absolutely shi$ live at times. I went to gigs where Izzy and Duff were off their faces and stumbling around with little clue of what was happening. I also went to shows where Axl sounded like Mickey Mouse in water one moment, then a deep growling mess the next.

Robin was great tonight, his only crime in your blinkered eyes is not being Slash.

Go watch Bon Jovi.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

still don't see why they need pittman, finck and dizzy- but whatever.

yea, what kind of moron has a lead guitarist in his band.

finck isn't the lead guitarist buddy, he's the lead douchebag.

maybe you should avert your eyes over to RIR 6

zingggggggggg

How come some people are saying better irs and twat got played and some are saying no new songs? What is it?

They played IRS and Better. With new songs I meant something never played before because RIR would have been the perfect occasion the preview something new (like Madagascar in RIR III)

since when was the guitarist that plays all the riff's all the main solos.. not the lead guitarist.... did i miss something? bbf's def not the lead... fortus aint the lead... so who the fuck else could be the lead...

That SCOM was one of the worst songs tonight? I mean, The Darkness' Love on the Rocks blew away GN'Rs SCOM.

It wasn't just the sound problems, the vocals and guitar solo was so dull and lifeless. Isn't SCOM supposed to be one of the best songs played? :no: