Fan Reviews of RIR

Matty Boy

still don't see why they need pittman, finck and dizzy- but whatever.

yea, what kind of moron has a lead guitarist in his band.

finck isn't the lead guitarist buddy, he's the lead douchebag.

maybe you should avert your eyes over to RIR 6

since when was the guitarist that plays all the riff's all the main solos.. not the lead guitarist.... did i miss something? bbf's def not the lead... fortus aint the lead... so who the fuck else could be the lead...

fortus plays the most solos. i won't bitch about finck tonight, though, at least he looks cool. i will however, bitch about pittman, he was useless, he fucked up several times (only counting the bad ones), and he wrote silkworms!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That SCOM was one of the worst songs tonight? I mean, The Darkness' Love on the Rocks blew away GN'Rs SCOM.

It wasn't just the sound problems, the vocals and guitar solo was so dull and lifeless. Isn't SCOM supposed to be one of the best songs played? :no:

Are you out of your fucking mind?

Judging by how the 'newer' material like IRS and Better are getting treated and not being branded as new any more, and they only leaked about three months ago, they still wouldnt be able to win even if they did some brand new songs at shows.

Assuming the brand new songs were on the CD, and had been played a million and one times over this european tour, we'd still hear complaints that weve heard the whole CD before during live shows.

It'd be stupid to play an entire CD live before its out.

Edited by mr-fukaji

You're the one that's sad, son.

Seriously though, that song was toned down 50% because of AOL and it still rocked. The solo was lifeless because it sounded like Finck wasn't even plugged in. I'm pretty sure Axl's voice cut in and out too because of the mic. Need a better version of the show to judge ultimately.

That SCOM was one of the worst songs tonight? I mean, The Darkness' Love on the Rocks blew away GN'Rs SCOM.

It wasn't just the sound problems, the vocals and guitar solo was so dull and lifeless. Isn't SCOM supposed to be one of the best songs played? :no:

Are you out of your fucking mind?

Yes, yes I am. But that's beside the point.

You can't sit there and tell me that live SCOM was actually good. Then I'd know you're a fucking liar.

Leave Pittman alone, he's a real cool guy. So what if he wrote Silkworms. Axl wrote My World. Chris & Dizzy work great as a team. Plus Pittman got some real cool outfits/costumes. I mean how could you dis a guy playing keyboards saying he "messed up". Maybe it was Dizzy. Who knows? Who cares? noone.

I see what you mean saying he's useless cause they already got Dizzy on keyboards but Pittman is there for the cool effects. And he wrote "Madagascar".

Wow, I think anyone who wasn't there live, or who hasn't heard them live needs to wait till they see them live, so what they played only 2 new songs, they have been making the set up as they go along, kinda play what they feel.

The Mix SUCKED from aol, I was recording most of it, I wanted to hear if it was better on XM, I may record some of it from XM and Compare, but I gave up the XM feed for the AOL, I hope I didn't miss out on a better mix.

Rocket queen was great, but you couldn't hear axl.

Bumble was definitley better then when I saw him opening night. He'll never be as good as Bucket, but I feel I can accept that. I guess I just have too high of expectations of this band. I have a shirt that says Chinese Democracy from 4 years ago, yet this band is still out promoting Appetite for Destruction. I guess i'm just fucking sick of it.

I'll fucking tell you a few things. For starters sweet child o' mine was great. for another, you are a negative retarted fuck if you don't think SCOM was good, there were huge changes in tone throughout the live broadcast because depending on what camera they were using, sometimes you would here one thing over another. Are you so thick headed that you can't see that?

You're the one that's sad, son.

Seriously though, that song was toned down 50% because of AOL and it still rocked. The solo was lifeless because it sounded like Finck wasn't even plugged in. I'm pretty sure Axl's voice cut in and out too because of the mic. Need a better version of the show to judge ultimately.

exactly.

Every classic GnR gig that ive seen, and heard JUST WENT OUT THE FUCKING WINDOW!!!!!

My god what a spot on show, the chemistry was all there, the vibe, the triple dueling guitars, and the vocals of Axl Rose.

Hits of the night!

OUT TA GET ME!!!!!!

Brain Drum Solo into You Could Be Mine

November Rain

RICHARD FORTUS!

IM still shaking in my seat after witnessing the GREATEST BAND IN THE WORLD.

I WANT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rock3

Edited by Anagram Of Oral Sex

It'd be stupid to play an entire CD live before its out.

It'd be stupid to embark on another tour without an album out.

It'd be stupid to try and promote a new band, a new era, and a new album (supposedly) by playing a setlist of predominantly old songs that were created by another band.

It's Axl's last chance and he's repeating 2002 all over again. But apparently I should be happy and not express any disappointment? Ha.

I'll fucking tell you a few things. For starters sweet child o' mine was great. for another, you are a negative retarted fuck if you don't think SCOM was good, there were huge changes in tone throughout the live broadcast because depending on what camera they were using, sometimes you would here one thing over another. Are you so thick headed that you can't see that?

Negative? :huh: I've said nothing but good things about the whole show tonight (excluding SCOM).

Also, yes, the sound did play a small part in it, but that wasn't all. Brownstone and Better had shit sound quality too, but I could also hear that they would've sounded awesome live. I couldn't hear that from SCOM. The solo sounded half-arsed and Axl sounded like he had that high-pitched '02 voice. Bad soundboards can't make Axl sound like Mickey Mouse. :rolleyes:

But Nightrain made up for it and blew away The Darkness' whole set!

Pfft, that Nightrain alone blew away any shit that's been played by any band lately.

Edited by Moop

great show with some exeptions......

first of all - they should never let play Finck any solo - he fucks up everything!!!

second - the new version of KOHD .... i don't think so, as well as Live and let die

third - that new shit - i think - "Better" sounds like Van Halen

However - i think Bumblefoot - is just great!! I can honestly say - that he can proudly replace Slash

thats it!!!!

good show

Could have done with saying a bit more, i dunno, probably because the show was Rock In Rio, if this was the same show in a less reknowned place and wasnt streamed for millions, it'd probably seem less under whelming to a lot of people.

I fucking enjoyed it either way, Robin, Ron and Richard's solos were awesome, just a shame the sound mix was bad.

EDIT - and i didnt hear one mess up from either guitarist all night, or tommy, or dizzy, or brain.

Well, his NR solo wasn't the best (so what else is new?). Fortus pretty much nailed the first solo, and Thal the outro. The second solo by Finck was a bit of a mess IMO. People who say he nailed it are just delusional fans who can't admit there are things he doesn't play well. Other than that though, I didn't really notice a problem...so I'm not really ragging on the guy. On the bright side, I loved his solo in Patience. Very nice.

And yeah, the sound was absolute garbage. Half the time you couldn't hear Axl. The other half you could barely hear the guitars. On Robin's solo in The Blues, it wasn't even audible until halfway through. Fuckin' ruined the entire experience for me, and it's really hard to form an opinion of how well the band did when the sound is so fucked up.

That was such a lame show. I thought RIR meant a lot to Axl... Guess Not! Only 2 new songs and the Blues were played from the new bands catalogue. I thought RIR was supposed to be the big launch for the new band? Axl's making these guys look like a glorified cover band. I hope Tommy doesn't feel bad that Axl didn't give him a bass solo tonight. Sorry guys, I'm just choked at how pathetic that show was.

Yeah, I think you're kinda right. OK, the soundmix being awful wasn't the band's fault, BUT:

- no new songs

- only 16 songs alltogether (with the setlist normally consisting of 18 songs, RiR III had even 20 songs!)

- no Axl rant, no information concerning the release of CD

- encore being cut short ("Dizzy, play Paradise!"): I didn't even know why such a short encore, because

Axl seemed in good spirits

- no special guest

- especially in Rock in Rio, which was said to be very important to Axl, I would have expected ANYTHING

unusual, which would make this gig a special show (remember the moving closing speech in RiR III?), but: there was NOTHING different than in any other show

I think Axl just missed a great opportunity to offer the general public something new.

How come some people are saying better irs and twat got played and some are saying no new songs? What is it?

Here's the setlist:

Welcome to the Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

I.R.S.

Finck Solo

Sweet Child O' Mine

Knockin' on Heaven's Door

Live and Let Die

Instrumental Jam

Dizzy Solo

The Blues

Rocket Queen

Fortus Solo

Fortus and Finck Solo

Out Ta Get Me

November Rain

Thal Solo

Better

Brain Drum Solo

You Could Be Mine

Patience

Finck Solo

Nightrain

Encore: Paradise City

Edited by KBear

Oh Man, fell asleep a couple of times, but Axl woke me up right away!

It started with WTTJ followed by Its so easy and mr. Brownstone(?).

Axl was a bit out of breath in the begining wich you could hear.

KOHD was AMAZING and it was good that Richard Fortus also got some time to show off by playing solo.

Didn't know he was that good!

I also liked that they all had this kind of jamming session that helped the show since Axl didn't walk around ranting as we are used to hear him do. He mentioned this when he sat down at the piano before NR.

Now to Ron Thal. Thal did do a couple things that i didn't feel for so much, it was the first solo that sounded like a broke gameboy, then his guitarsound on Rocket Queen that they could have skipped according to me.

But he did play a bit of don't cry and the crowd was with him the whole time wich was amazing.

Axl changed shirts a few times, never to something interesting though.

Dizzy got time to play and he chose ofcourse to play David Bowies song Ziggy Stardust.

I don't know bout people who actually was there but through the net i couldn't hear Axl and the guitars a couple of times in the begining.

Now im of to sleep, the time is almost 4:45 and the sun is up soon if it isn't allready.

Feel free to post the setlist.

Ehhh... sorry to say... but Paris '92 is still my favorite GN'R show ever. If this RIR managed to get Steven Tyler, Joe Perry, Lenny Kravitz and play Don't Cry, then it would've been the best show ever.

It's Axl's last chance and he's repeating 2002 all over again. But apparently I should be happy and not express any disappointment? Ha.

you've been disappointed since before it started and it couldn't be more apparent. give it a rest. if you don't like the band why do you waste your time here?