Fan Reviews of RIR

Matty Boy

I tell you, I was out there in the first rows at Rock In Rio and the show was fucking awesome. GNR took the house down. Don't bitch about SCOM, you have no clue about it unless you were there in person. The crowd was hot, very hot indeed, I had a lot of trouble hearing Axl at times, but his voice just blew everything away.

The defining moment was when Axl did the old-era Knockin' On Heaven's Door scream and we chanted along. A timeless moment, something money can't buy.

I can tell you that I have earned a whole new respect for the band. I never thought this version of GNR could put on a hell of a show like this, but, damn, everyone was just blinded by the quality of the concert. Stop bitching and enjoy one of the best GNR performances ever.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tell you, I was out there in the first rows at Rock In Rio and the show was fucking awesome. GNR took the house down. Don't bitch about SCOM, you have no clue about it unless you were there in person. The crowd was hot, very hot indeed, I had a lot of trouble hearing Axl at times, but his voice just blew everything away.

The defining moment was when Axl did the old-era Knockin' On Heaven's Door scream and we chanted along. A timeless moment, something money can't buy.

I can tell you that I have earned a whole new respect for the band. I never thought this version of GNR could put on a hell of a show like this, but, damn, everyone was just blinded by the quality of the concert. Stop bitching and enjoy one of the best GNR performances ever.

What did you think of "Don't Cry".....best moment in rio?

What did you think of "Don't Cry".....best moment in rio?

Quite possibly. It was magical. We just sang along, as if it was natural... It felt special to be part of it.

I saw the whole show and I thought it was a great show!!! Come on people we have stuck with GNR through thick and thin, Axl and the band was amazing tonight. Who cares about little minor mistakes, if any. I know Iam wasnt watching the show to be a critic. As far as Axl not playing more new stuff thats his choice. And him not making any new news, he will. Robin is really taking a good control of lead guitar. All in all good show wish I was there.

I tried to watch the first airing and it sounded so bad that I turned it off. So I decided to watch it later, hoping it would be fixed, and it was fucking excellent! I don't know about you guys, but all the sound problems were gone when I watched the repeat. I also thought it was a stellar performance! I don't have anything to whine and bitch about like so many others here. I thought the guitar solos gave the show a good flow, and I didn't mind the drum solo because it gave me a chance to take a piss! I can't wait for the gunners to come back to T.O. Guns N' Fuckin' Roses Rock Motherfuckers!

I was extremely disappointed Madagascar or TWAT weren't performed however, performance was great! I love the new band, and really can't criticize. They're out on tour, giving us fans what we wanted.

It kinda disturbs me reading fans complaining about the performance, because 95% of you were bitching that GNR wasn't doing anything. I was one of those people, only in my case, I'm fucking happy they're back on tour.

However, audio SUCKED. I don't know who the hell was behind the sound table, but he did a shitty job!

for all those who bitch about no playing madagascar,twat and cd

you should check this topic:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=72642

and show was great....again ,I repeat, in some songs I couldnt hear shit but nightrain totally rocked

axl was smiling all night....

worldwideboss glad you enjoyed the show,I'm shure it was amaizing

but no rants :-(

I agree. Was in the first rows aswell, Axl and the band sounded great, the crowd was awesome too, i blew my fucking voice singing along to all the songs...

It was amazing when Tommy's bass wasn't working on WTTJ, so he just smashed it and got another one later... i thought they were gonna interrupt the song but the band just kept going. I can imagine how frustrated he was, having sound problems on the first fucking song of the show...

Show was amazing (AOL) and some words to ppl that complain about no TWAT or MADDY...: it was LIVE show with thousands of people round world watching it on I-Net...I think Axl didn't want them to hear new songs without CD in musisc shops. MADDY and Chinese Democracy were played many times in the past but Axl didnt want them here so...stop complaining, be happy 2 see them LIVE !!!

This last RIR show was just a shadow of all the shows in 2002. I dont know what is wrong, but something is missing. Axl seem to have lost some energy, i dont think he like to be on stage. He try to save hes ass by smiling and telling ironic jokes i see. He is afraid of something.

He try to convince the audience that this is a band that is very creative and can improve on gigs. But i think they have to learn to play together before they begin to try to suprise with differnet versions and musical/strange bizarr inspired sounds.

Why do this band have this crappy sound always on their concerts?

And i dont think they play very thight either, so good musicans should play very tight but they dont.

Where is the "hole bunch of new songs" that he promised at last RIR?

This last RIR show was just a shadow of all the shows in 2002. I dont know what is wrong, but something is missing. Axl seem to have lost some energy, i dont think he like to be on stage. He try to save hes ass by smiling and telling ironic jokes i see. He is afraid of something.

He try to convince the audience that this is a band that is very creative and can improve on gigs. But i think they have to learn to play together before they begin to try to suprise with differnet versions and musical/strange bizarr inspired sounds.

And i dont think they play very thight either, so good musicans should play very tight but they dont.

Axl's band doesn't need new songs... It's all about nostalgia, you know... Like The Eagles...

Guest roses_are_red

did you even watch the show? :rolleyes:

Your lost <_<

The bad sound was just your AOL feeds.. people who was at the show said it sounded amazing..

Read madisons post and you can see that you are lost. :sleeper:

Your lost <_<

The bad sound was just your AOL feeds.. people who was at the show said it sounded amazing..

Did Madison attend the show ?

By the way, teenagers like you (who never saw the real GNR), are usually easily amused.

Your lost <_<

By the way, teenagers like you (who never saw the real GNR), are usually easily amused.

Well,i'm a fan since 1988 so i guess i'm not a young fan. I saw them several times before (first time was in 1993),and i enjoyed every single second of this show. Just accept it that every single person,young or old fan, have their own oppinion.

Your lost <_<

i'm willing to bet dally is older than you.

Hey IzzyISGNR , so because someone didn't see the old band they are not allowed to enjoy this concert. what the fuck are they supposed to do?? get on a time machine and go back to 1988?? I was at the ritz in 88" and I am able to separate the 2 bands. This is an entirely different band , they are not the poor sleazy living on the street fighting to survive kids that we grew up with. It is a different time now, Axl matured and is in a different state of mind now. Even if they reunited there is no way in hell they can recreate what I saw at the Ritz in 88' they are totally different people now . So stop being negative

Most of the people who are enthusiastic about this average performance are people who never saw the real Guns N'Roses.

I understand how you're thinking....And I feel the same way too,even if I never got to see the real gnr..To be honest I'm not too fond of the new band,but I'm thrilled that axl is back,and I just have to face the fact that slash, izzy and duff are gone,and that Axl comes with a new package now..

And I guess it's better than nothing..

But I'm always hoping for that seven-letter word....

Edited by IzzyRocks

Your lost <_<

i'm willing to bet dally is older than you.

I'm willing to bet this is the poster also known as "Alan Niveen"

better and i.r.s = new songs

because technicaly your not supose to have heard them yet the show was awsome i wish people would stop being negative about it

Seriously people, stop following the band.

You obviously have no interest in the new band, so why put us through the boredom of your blanket criticism.

You lot have fucked up memories. In the 'good' old days, the band was absolutely shi$ live at times. I went to gigs where Izzy and Duff were off their faces and stumbling around with little clue of what was happening. I also went to shows where Axl sounded like Mickey Mouse in water one moment, then a deep growling mess the next.

Robin was great tonight, his only crime in your blinkered eyes is not being Slash.

Go watch Bon Jovi.

Agree 100% ;)

Seriously people, stop following the band.

You obviously have no interest in the new band, so why put us through the boredom of your blanket criticism.

You lot have fucked up memories. In the 'good' old days, the band was absolutely shi$ live at times. I went to gigs where Izzy and Duff were off their faces and stumbling around with little clue of what was happening. I also went to shows where Axl sounded like Mickey Mouse in water one moment, then a deep growling mess the next.

Robin was great tonight, his only crime in your blinkered eyes is not being Slash.

Go watch Bon Jovi.

Agree 100% ;)

Definitely. Right on. I've gotta be honest, I don't think I ever really got over the old band (altho I pretended!) until last night. Even tho I saw them live in 02, I think I was just in denial but now I've definitely got some closure and I can't wait to see em live (sounds like im in a relationship with these dudes!)! I really felt like these guys were it at RIR, like they were gonna make it big. Axl was happy and so were all the rest of them - they looked great together and the performance was extraordinary. It was seriously an unforgettable Guns moment. I think that they might have not played a longer set because of RIR management etc - given they started late - the organisers can't have been happy..

Given the context of the festival and all the expectation/hype surrounding it, I think Gn'R handled it fantastically. I was really impressed and I had tears streaming down my face for most of it! I knew he'd come back!! :D

Also, I think they gave us exactly what we asked for. Yeah they didn't play all the new stuff but they gave us the updated UYI tour and that's what everyone was holding on to weren't they? It was like a baby step into new guns. Hehe. The only thing I was upset about was Axl not getting to blow the whistle in Paradise City! I hope someone lucky in the audience got it tho! :D Rock on Gunners! I'm SO PROUD!