Fan Reviews of RIR

Matty Boy

Your lost <_<

The bad sound was just your AOL feeds.. people who was at the show said it sounded amazing..

Read madisons post and you can see that you are lost. :sleeper:

Did Madison attend the show ?

By the way, teenagers like you (who never saw the real GNR), are usually easily amused.

dude, check up the facts before calling him teenager, cus Dally isnt a teenager :)

asswipe

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your lost <_<

The bad sound was just your AOL feeds.. people who was at the show said it sounded amazing..

By the way, teenagers like you (who never saw the real GNR), are usually easily amused.

i'm willing to bet dally is older than you.

I'm willing to bet this is the poster also known as "Alan Niveen"

Yeah, i'll chuck a fiver in.

R.

Your lost <_<

Teenager?? I got my first GNR Album back in 88-89 and im 28 years old... :angry:

I`v seen a load of GNR shows in my life and i can tell how Amazing Axl was back in the old days, and yeasterday.

He was out of breath on almost every song, he missed words on every song, he started Patience early. I didn't need to be there to see this....it was no where near as good a performance as the 3 shows I have seen live in 2002.

Beside that someone has to tell him that he dont have to turn every piece of song into a orcestral thing.

What the fuck was IRS about? At some points i didnt even sound like music.

Seriously people, stop following the band.

You obviously have no interest in the new band, so why put us through the boredom of your blanket criticism.

You lot have fucked up memories. In the 'good' old days, the band was absolutely shi$ live at times. I went to gigs where Izzy and Duff were off their faces and stumbling around with little clue of what was happening. I also went to shows where Axl sounded like Mickey Mouse in water one moment, then a deep growling mess the next.

Robin was great tonight, his only crime in your blinkered eyes is not being Slash.

Go watch Bon Jovi.

yeah, you're fucking right! everybody is talking like the old line up were gods on stage, thats not true. they fucked up a lot. i mean, for me, the orginal line up is the best too, cause their were the real guns n roses, but to critizise the new ones by telling that they play bad is just bullshit! they played amazing yesterday! especially "you could be mine" and nightrain were awesome!

Even with the shitty mix we got, I can still say this concert was fucking amazing. I wish they would have played TWAT or maybe another new song, but thats just a minor wish and im not going to be all greedy about it. They played I.R.S. and Better, which were nice little bonuses in my opinion.

Im not saying everything was perfect, but its hard to really pick out the details of what wasnt great because of the mix. Axl sounded fucking great, and the people that are saying he didnt I dont know what more you fucking expect. I think he sounded 100 times better than 2002. The band seemed to shine on most songs but struggled on a few others, but like I said, that could have just been the mix.

Nighttrain absolutely blew me away, easily the best performance of the night. The did a few to many solos imo, but I have to admit I loved everyone of them. The "Dont Cry" solo was fucking cool, and the "Beautiful" solo was fucking just that, Beautiful.

All in all I was disappointed in the shitty mix we got for 3/4 of the show, but once it fixed the band sounded tight and simply amazing, and I have to say I was very happy with what I saw.

Guns N Roses are back and they are only going to get better.

Very cool to see a GnR show as it happens. Makes my broadband subscription worthwhile.

Unfortunately the mix was so shitty it's hard to really judge the show. (Bumblefoot's guitar seemed to be turned off). The band did look and sound fantastic. Axl seemed to be in a great mood. I was moved when he said "Thanks for putting up with me." They should show more of the band instead of just focusing on Axl.

My gut reaction to the show is that the set list copied 2001 Rock In Rio too closely, there were too many solo spots, not enough surprises (aka "previously unheard new songs"), too much dead time (jazz jams, "I Feel Good," "Beautiful") that could be replaced by actual songs and too many keyboards & effects. But then I remembered...

It's Axl's band! It's not the Guns N Roses that we knew from 1987-1993. That doesn't exist anymore. And tonight's show reflects Axl's musical sensibilities, personality and decision making. That's why he's so ecstatic. He's in complete control! No more Slash & Duff getting drunk & high. No more Izzy standing still on stage. No more Matt Sorum or Steven Adler to battle with. The seven other musicians onstage now are just an extension of Axl Rose.

For most people Guns N Roses by definition means a kick ass, dangerous, sex crazed, drug addicted rock n roll band. That's never been Axl's modus operandi. He likes ballads, healthy living, sobriety, monogamy and doing covers of Rod Stewart & Todd Rundgren songs. That's just his tastes. And there's nothing wrong with that but people don't come to a Guns N Roses song to hear jazz improvisation, 2 keyboardists, piano solos, power ballads, James Brown/Christina Aguilera homages & 4 experimental guitar solos

Axl should just call this what it is, an Axl Rose solo project. Either that are finally introduce us to this brand new version of Guns N Roses. Meaning, release a new album and a play a "bunch of new songs." The thing he promised onstage at Rock In Rio five years ago. Why a band that has supposadely recorded enough material for 2-3 new albums has to fill their set with a bunch of solos, jams, cover songs and "GnR's Greatest Hits" is beyond me.

And this thing about not wanting to play a bunch of new stuff before the albums is released is lame.

In 1991 the band toured for several months before UYI came out and played almost nothing but new songs.

The only thing that I can think of is that Buckethead's leaving really stunted the band's growth.

And that we're now starting over like in 2002. Trying to incorporate Bumblefoot into the fold... slowly.

That is EXACTLY how I feel about NEW GNR.

I thought I'd quote it in case anybody missed this great post.

rock3

He was out of breath on almost every song, he missed words on every song, he started Patience early. I didn't need to be there to see this....it was no where near as good a performance as the 3 shows I have seen live in 2002.

Beside that someone has to tell him that he dont have to turn every piece of song into a orcestral thing.

during IRS (and most of the show) the keyboards and bass drowned out the guitar on the soundboard mix, causing all the people watching the webcast to not be able to hear the guitars barely at all.

IRS rocks so much harder live. believe me on this one.

he was outta breath on every song??first,he wasnt,go hear it again,and second,while runing down the stage you think its easy to hit every note and sing song perfectly?no it isnt

axl did great job yesterday.he is fuckin 44 and still rocks the place down

if he was standing on same place you would still complain coz he didnt move...you are fuckin sad

and wtf is with patience??I didnt even notice somethin went wrong...you are just saying that coz you have nothin other to complain about...he started patience early"!!!!"111!1 OMG THAT IS SIN!!1!11 :rolleyes:

geez,leave band alone if you only want critize them

everyone makes mistakes

go listen albums,everything is perfect there....everything starsts on fuckin time

crowd enjoyed and you, who even wasnt there,can complain.....yeah..... :drevil:

why to be fuckin negative???cant you just enjoy the music??

and IRS sounded fuckin brilliant when I heard it for second time

I was in the show at Lisbon and for me words can describe what i've felt in those 2 hours. Fuckin' amazing. I don't know about the technical problems with the sound, i just can say that i didn't realise of any kind of problems during the show except one or two times that axl's mic seems to be cutted off. Any way, i haven't been in a show like this and i really felt the good old rock n' roll. Talking about the performances in particular..i would say the best element was indeed richard fortus...he surprised me with a good stage presence and well played solos, contrasting with Finck..a bit of deception i must say. Axl was...Axl. Pure rock. Hope you guys have enjoyed. I certainly did

PS- Have anyone seen that brutal AC DC medley of the darkness. I don't know much about them, but that medley was fuckin awesome

did you even watch the show? :rolleyes:

:lol: I was thinking the same thing.....he must have watched some other band or something?! lol

not every one gonna be happy....oh well....sucks to be them I say!

Axl has never been better sense 2002!

Edited by Funeral

GAWD DAMN! What's with all the cry-baby newbs on this board?

Shut the fuck up with all of your whining; it's so pathetic.

Axl is 44 years old, not 24. No matter how good of cardiovascular shape he's in, you can't fool father time.

Enjoy your last two-three years of watching Guns N Roses, cuz after that they're gonna fade into time.

Fuckin' douche bags!

Here are my thoughts about the RiR Gig...

+ great band chemistry

+ Axl in good spirit ( I like how he throw his glasses in the audience)

+ Axl Voice way better than 2002

+ Richard Fortus (his november rain solo was perfect !!)

+ Nightrain (one of the best version I`v ever heard)

+ Live and Let Die (cool new Intro)

+ Dizzy playing Ziggy Stardust

+ Bubblefoot playing dont cry and audience singing

- Too many Solos (2x Guitar Solos are enough)

- Axl not introducing the new songs or telling anything

about the new album they wanna release this fall

I think he should play and announce the new single on

this leg of the tour..

Why not Axl ??

- horrible Intro to Paradise..Axl forgets to blow the whistle

at the right time again (maybe he doesnt know his own song ??)

- Chris Pitmann, thanks to the bad stream-mix I could hear

for the first time what he is playing and what he does is

just not necessary, especially on the Appetite Songs.

He should quit gnr and join the pet shop boys !!!

- Not playing Madagascar maybe the best-known song from

the new stuff.

- The Jams they weren`t that good they should do that at

Rehearsals and not when it`s Showtime. Stop that and

play a new song instead.

Overall a real rockin show. But we want more new stuff.

They really need to promote the new songs on this tour

and try to make them popular. I dont wanna see Axl end

up like the Stones playing the same old songs for 40 years.

Your lost <_<

Well IzzyIsGNR - it's cupcakes like you that want to bring everybody down on the forum in a sad attempt to draw attention to yourself. To me, that's the actions of someone under the age of 12.

The first 30 seconds of WTTJ at Rio, I saw Axl and thought: "NOW THAT IS A ROCK STAR!" B)

yes, it was an amazing "Do you know where the fuck you are?" scream!

Your lost <_<

Well IzzyIsGNR - it's cupcakes like you that want to bring everybody down on the forum in a sad attempt to draw attention to yourself. To me, that's the actions of someone under the age of 12.

And that is why IzzyIsGNR (which he is not by the way) we cannot post titties!

I tell you, I was out there in the first rows at Rock In Rio and the show was fucking awesome. GNR took the house down. Don't bitch about SCOM, you have no clue about it unless you were there in person. The crowd was hot, very hot indeed, I had a lot of trouble hearing Axl at times, but his voice just blew everything away.

The defining moment was when Axl did the old-era Knockin' On Heaven's Door scream and we chanted along. A timeless moment, something money can't buy.

I can tell you that I have earned a whole new respect for the band. I never thought this version of GNR could put on a hell of a show like this, but, damn, everyone was just blinded by the quality of the concert. Stop bitching and enjoy one of the best GNR performances ever.

I agree. Was in the first rows aswell, Axl and the band sounded great, the crowd was awesome too, i blew my fucking voice singing along to all the songs...

It was amazing when Tommy's bass wasn't working on WTTJ, so he just smashed it and got another one later... i thought they were gonna interrupt the song but the band just kept going. I can imagine how frustrated he was, having sound problems on the first fucking song of the show...

Great to hear from people that were actually there!!

Bumblefoot impressed the hell out of me last night!! Especially during his November Rain and Nightrain solos!!!

Edited by rocketking

GAWD DAMN! What's with all the cry-baby newbs on this board?

Shut the fuck up with all of your whining; it's so pathetic.

Axl is 44 years old, not 24. No matter how good of cardiovascular shape he's in, you can't fool father time.

Enjoy your last two-three years of watching Guns N Roses, cuz after that they're gonna fade into time.

Fuckin' douche bags!

44's really not that old anymore. It used to be in the 1970's (when being over 30 was considered ancient). But now the Rolling Stones, Doors, KISS, The Who, Aerosmith, Paul McCartney, Robert Plant and just about every other "dinosaur" band are proving you can rock on well into your 50's and beyond.

There's no rules anymore. Especially since with medical advancements the life expectancy is 80 - 90.

In my view Axl is middle aged. And he's gonna be around a lot longer than "2-3 more years."

just got back to the uk, that show was fuckin amazing. DO NOT listen to the twats on this site that are constantly moaning about gnr not playing new material. Ye i agree the solos arent amazing but who gives a fuck.

Axl was amazing, stage presence etc, voice better than ever. I was a little worried about his voice having only heard some of the bootlegs from nyc but seriously, you cannot tell how the guy sounds unless you are actually there. I was suprised, he was amazing.

I was a little suprised they didnt play maddy or chi dem, the set was 2h 15min though, went on forever.

Look, who gives a fuck, im teling you, that concert was fuckin awesome. The band were so together and they looked like they were enjoying themselves, which is nothin but good for guns n roses.

I cant wait till Dublin and maybe some others in the uk (if tour rumours are true)

And one final note, to all the moaning motehrfuckers out there: BE HAPPY WITH WHAT IS HAPPENING AT THE MOMENT. If someone had told you last xmas that gnr would be touring this summer, axls voice would be better than ever and the album looks like it will finally be released this year im guessing you would have been very sceptical. So appreciate what we have, because it is truly great.

The new album will come and with it, new music onto the setlist.......patience.

I’ve seen the concert from a portuguese television, of what I’ve seen, I’ve love it! Yes it could be better, the solos could be better (and less boring), more songs could be played, the technical sound could be better to… etc. but anyway it was 2 god hours of show!

About the new musics from the album that is about to come, Chinese democracy, the TV was not authorized to transmit any new song from GNR, so I didn’t see them, anyway at the end of the show I’ve heard on TV that it was played 5 new songs instead of 2. I’m not shore about it, but that’s what I’ve heard.

ES SÓ VI! :P

I’ve seen the concert from a portuguese television, of what I’ve seen, I’ve love it! Yes it could be better, the solos could be better (and less boring), more songs could be played, the technical sound could be better to… etc. but anyway it was 2 god hours of show!

About the new musics from the album that is about to come, Chinese democracy, the TV was not authorized to transmit any new song from GNR, so I didn’t see them, anyway at the end of the show I’ve heard on TV that it was played 5 new songs instead of 2. I’m not shore about it, but that’s what I’ve heard.

ES SÓ VI! :P

Any true to that people, that would make the setlist 10 times better rock3

Kannon.

Hi! I am portuguese and saw live the show! Dont be envy! In first place i want to say to all of you that i am 26, they came to portugal when i was 13 and i couldnt see the show because my mother dont let me!! After all that hapenned with gnr all of this years i thought i would never will see axl and ear live the songs...So this show was a miracle coming true!!!

About the show: axl voice is fucking amazing!!! Its the voice of the live era cd! No doubt about it!

The set list is for old school fans, mostly afd. About the new songs: better is fucking amazing, its a new gnr song, not a copy of what gnr did in the past with the voice of Scot Weiland!!

Axl is was in a good mood, smiling and all, he was the axl we all know, but with 44 yearsold!

I saw U2, Metallica, Megadeth, MManson, and none of the frotman of those bands kicks axl butt!

Ther miracle came true,...

I went to the "paradise city"!