Debate

zakk

Pearl Jam is a good band. Eddie Vedder is the only one in the band with any charisma, so it's tough to compare them to GnR. GnR had the classic combo of Axl/Slash whereas Pearl Jam just has Eddie. Oasis is a far better comparison band as they have the classic combo of Noel and Liam. Noel, Liam, and Axl are old school rockstars with swagger and style. There is far more similarities between GnR and Oasis than GnR and Pearl Jam.

Pearl Jam is a good band. Eddie Vedder is the only one in the band with any charisma, so it's tough to compare them to GnR. GnR had the classic combo of Axl/Slash whereas Pearl Jam just has Eddie. Oasis is a far better comparison band as they have the classic combo of Noel and Liam. Noel, Liam, and Axl are old school rockstars with swagger and style. There is far more similarities between GnR and Oasis than GnR and Pearl Jam.

Fuck that shit. GN'R cant be compared with Pearl Jam or Oasis. GN'R are way fucking better than PJ or Oasis. U ask even non GNR fans, like metalheads or bikers and theyll say that bands like PJ or Oasis are pussy shit bands and GN'R stands out because of their attitude, aggressiveness and punk attitude, just being so volatile. (im talking about the vintage GN'R, but still even now PJ's got nothing on GN'R.)

Fuck that shit. GN'R cant be compared with Pearl Jam or Oasis. GN'R are way fucking better than PJ or Oasis. U ask even non GNR fans, like metalheads or bikers and theyll say that bands like PJ or Oasis are pussy shit bands and GN'R stands out because of their attitude, aggressiveness and punk attitude, just being so volatile. (im talking about the vintage GN'R, but still even now PJ's got nothing on GN'R.)

Metalheads or Bikers would say Pearl Jam and Oasis are pussy bands... That's a shocking revelation!! I would have never figured that. Luckily society is made up of more groups of people then just Metalheads and Bikers. Axl likes Oasis and Pearl jam, so I guess he's a fucking pussy by your reasoning.

I just saw Pearl Jam last week. They played songs that they have only played 6 times since Mother Love Bone broke up, half of Ten, half of the new album, and tons of classics. Since 1994, GNR have played essentially the same setlist at every show (all what, 20-some of them?). Pearl Jam tour every year, never cancel, put on a fantastic show, let you buy a soundboard recording of the show within 48 hours of the show ending, have a website that fills fans in on the band's inner workings, release new material on a reliable pace, and continue to produce quality albums (the new album is possibly their best since Vs, although Vs is a hard album to top). GNR very well may be producing quality material, but releasing that material is still a question. They treat their fans like shit, show up late, frequently cancel, don't even have a fan club - let alone an informative website, and don't give a second thought to any of it. When it comes to politics, what you see is what you get. Listen to the lyrics of their last 2 albums. If you listen to those and don't expect a politically charged show, fuck off. Bu$hleaguer, Unemployable, Life Wasted, Army Reserve.....COME ON! Their single is called WORLDWIDE FUCKING SUICIDE! What do you think that shit is about?

'It's a shame to awake in a world of pain

What does it mean when a war has taken over?'

Ed will preach his politics. That's what he's always done and always will do. Ed is a political man. Ed writes political songs. Ed cares. Just because modern rock acts buy into capitalist non-attention to politics and uses music purely as a source of wealth doesn't mean that bands that give a shit should stop carring. Ed cares about the world and Ed likes the haves to help the have-nots every once in a while. Ed realizes that he has gained a position of wealth and recognition through a medium that allows him to give back very easily and is taking advantage of that. Sure, you may think he's doing it for the attention, but he already has the attention. His shows sell out in minutes. Why does he need more attention? He doesn't. He simply wants to use the attention that he already has to make a positive impact on the world.

PJ>GNR. Period.

I just saw Pearl Jam last week. They played songs that they have only played 6 times since Mother Love Bone broke up, half of Ten, half of the new album, and tons of classics. Since 1994, GNR have played essentially the same setlist at every show (all what, 20-some of them?). Pearl Jam tour every year, never cancel, put on a fantastic show, let you buy a soundboard recording of the show within 48 hours of the show ending, have a website that fills fans in on the band's inner workings, release new material on a reliable pace, and continue to produce quality albums (the new album is possibly their best since Vs, although Vs is a hard album to top).

I have two things to say

1. Yield is a WAY underrated album. Just because their type of music was dead by the time that album was released doesn't lessen its greatness. For me, it is right up there with the first three albums as their best.

2. I don't prefer to think of it as GnR vs. PJ... I prefer to think of them joining forces to destroy all poserdom and bad music around the world with their awesomeness.

I have two things to say

1. Yield is a WAY underrated album. Just because their type of music was dead by the time that album was released doesn't lessen its greatness. For me, it is right up there with the first three albums as their best.

Agree about Yield, it's superb. But I'd put it up there with Vitalogy and No Code as their best. The first two records have nothing on those three, IMO.

2. I don't prefer to think of it as GnR vs. PJ... I prefer to think of them joining forces to destroy all poserdom and bad music around the world with their awesomeness.

Agreed.

oh brother...

excuse me those of you who posted good opinions in this thread and contributed with ur opinion...

dont just say GNR ROCK YEA!! AXL IS THE BEST EVER!! YEAAAAAA!!! Actually support what u have to say....not just oh PJ sucks and gnr rule..

second...pearl jam doesnt suck...eddie vedder is a great singer and they are a pretty good band

they are both quite different...hence why some people like one and others the other.....

OK, to even compare Pearl Jam with GN´R on these topics is insane cause GN´R has never put so much thought to their fans and to politics like Pearl Jam is doing. I mean who battled ticketmaster for lower concert prices? No other band dared to even step up and helt them out and this almost cost PJ their career. To thi sday ticketmaster still has too much control over prices when it comes to tickets in the states.

that was 1995, on this tour they charged ten club members 10 bucks over the ticketmaster price in their presale (at least in europe they did), so that kinda makes the whole lawsuit seem kinda silly ;)

I just saw Pearl Jam last week. They played songs that they have only played 6 times since Mother Love Bone broke up, half of Ten, half of the new album, and tons of classics. Since 1994, GNR have played essentially the same setlist at every show (all what, 20-some of them?). Pearl Jam tour every year, never cancel, put on a fantastic show, let you buy a soundboard recording of the show within 48 hours of the show ending, have a website that fills fans in on the band's inner workings, release new material on a reliable pace, and continue to produce quality albums (the new album is possibly their best since Vs, although Vs is a hard album to top). GNR very well may be producing quality material, but releasing that material is still a question. They treat their fans like shit, show up late, frequently cancel, don't even have a fan club - let alone an informative website, and don't give a second thought to any of it. When it comes to politics, what you see is what you get. Listen to the lyrics of their last 2 albums. If you listen to those and don't expect a politically charged show, fuck off. Bu$hleaguer, Unemployable, Life Wasted, Army Reserve.....COME ON! Their single is called WORLDWIDE FUCKING SUICIDE! What do you think that shit is about?

'It's a shame to awake in a world of pain

What does it mean when a war has taken over?'

Ed will preach his politics. That's what he's always done and always will do. Ed is a political man. Ed writes political songs. Ed cares. Just because modern rock acts buy into capitalist non-attention to politics and uses music purely as a source of wealth doesn't mean that bands that give a shit should stop carring. Ed cares about the world and Ed likes the haves to help the have-nots every once in a while. Ed realizes that he has gained a position of wealth and recognition through a medium that allows him to give back very easily and is taking advantage of that. Sure, you may think he's doing it for the attention, but he already has the attention. His shows sell out in minutes. Why does he need more attention? He doesn't. He simply wants to use the attention that he already has to make a positive impact on the world.

PJ>GNR. Period.

very well put.

DIABLO280273 hope u read that last paragraph because that puts what u said to shame, dont wanna start an arguement with u but ur wrong, Ed speaks about politics because the president of his country is a disgrace and most of the corporates are to.