Christina Aguilera solo wtf?

Jon1985

It sounds good but then when you realize they're covering an XTina song it makes your stomach wrench. It just bothers me that they're covering a song like that. It's just not cool in my books and frankly it is embarrassing. Captain A needs to tell them to pick another song and he needs to tell Bumble to lose the foot guitar.

It sounds good but then when you realize they're covering an XTina song it makes your stomach wrench. It just bothers me that they're covering a song like that. It's just not cool in my books and frankly it is embarrassing. Captain A needs to tell them to pick another song and he needs to tell Bumble to lose the foot guitar.

its not embarrassing at all, they play the hell out of it and it sounds good

the foot guitar is rons favourite, and he plays a les paul or an acoustic for almost all the songs, so why should he have to get rid of it just cause you don't like it?

That guitar looks like something that Spinal Tap would use. Covering XTina and playing foot guitars make the new GnR look and sound like a joke. Buckets image didn't bother me as it was kind of cool in a sci-fi way but Bumbles guitar is straight out of Spinal Tap.

I think this is a kick ass jam for fortus and fink! They take a gay ass pop song and turn it into classic GnR.

Better than Slash with the godfather theme!

it is a great jam but lets not get ahead of ourselves!

better than the godfather theme? i think not

Agreed it's a great jam but we can't say much yet because we've only heard it once but maybe in time :)

I dunno if it's cuz I've heard the Godfather theme too much, but I like the Beautiful solo better. They added so much to it, trading off each other like hot potatoes.

People who bash it just because it's an Aguilera song are narrow-minded tools. Just because you like rock n' roll and metal it doesn't mean you should close your ears to other genres. Most of the time when I hear a good pop song, I like certain parts of it and think about how it can be improved if they didn't stick to such generic formulas. Finck and Fortus took a good pop melody and pushed the envelope with it and the result was truly spectacular.

Dude come on - Just because of who originally sang the song, that means the SOLO sucked? I begggg to differ! I thought it was awesome!! There was a lot of obvious chemistry between the two which is awesome to watch. and furthermore, I think its really cool to see how those guys can take something that is so pop-y and mainstream and make it ROCK. It shows how versitile these guys are (and how sarcastic they can be!) - And maybe its just me, but theres nothing more I like to see/hear than personality in the stuff that these guys do. It makes things so much more special, i think.

Anyway, dont judge the solo based on who wrote it - Its completely moot. Rather base it on how well it was done, the chemistry displayed, and the sheer entertainment value of watching these two badass looking rockers cover a Xtina song. I guess Im the only one that finds it funny?

(And for those that said "I hope they dont do this for the rest of the tour"... Im pretty sure it was done at most, if not all the NYC gigs - and everything after! Get used to it, I thinK! ;) )

plus, you got to realize the godfather theme is already cool, all Slash had to do is play it. The song Beautiful sucks, Fink and Fortus really had to blues it up and put there own spin on it to make it sound good.

nope, sorry. Beautiful is a great song, well written, well executed. A great song is a great song, so there's not much there to do wrong, just follow the melody and you've got a classic.

But still not as good as the original.

Edited by moreblack

Personally I hate the skank that sings the song. But the way those two played it was just amazing. I had to watch it again just because I thought it was so good. I guess some people just need a reason to complain or take shots at the band. IT WAS A KICK ASS SOLO. Should prove to all that they have the skill and work well with each other.

BUCKETWHO???

It's not really a Christina Aguilera song, she didn't write the song, someone else did. I don't know the name of the person who wrote the song, but it was the same person who wrote that popular Pink song.

Probably Max Martin who wrote it.

It's not really a Christina Aguilera song, she didn't write the song, someone else did. I don't know the name of the person who wrote the song, but it was the same person who wrote that popular Pink song.

Probably Max Martin who wrote it.

Nope. Linda Perry. :)