Finck's Second NR solo

Graeme

Last Night Rocked. Highlight... November Rain... Flawless. Apart from one tiny little niggle....The Second Part of the NR solo... My favourite part on the album version.... that high note just gives me chills....But Robin- contrary to what many here think- DOESN'T fuck up trying to play it.... Instead he has changed it drastically into a different solo which he apparently thinks is better than the previous one.... All he's succeded in doing is killing it dead... turning it into a screechy mess. I know that it's trying to Improvise... but Rich still manages to improvise over the first solo (he added in the fast shred which wasn't there before) and still maintain the power and feel of the original.... Finck's new adaptation does not. if he can't come up with a pleasant take on it then he should just play the original which was by far the most beautiul part of the song.....Come on Robin, you're more than capable and that's what annoys me.....Do Slash's version or think up your own take which is better... does anyone agree with me?

Why don't you go listen to your old dvd's and cd's of the band? would that be fun now?

Because i don't want to... I like the new band..... I just amn't too fond of that one little solo..... I happen to Believe that that one tiny little aspect was better unchanged

Why don't you go listen to your old dvd's and cd's of the band? would that be fun now?

:rofl-lol:

I like how Robin plays the NR solo. And i love how it pisses off Slash fans :P

Oh for god's sake... I'm not a New band hater....I just don't like a new version of ONE solo...If it ain't broke why try and fix it... read what i write properly before you make inane comments like that... both of you... i normally like your posts and I'd have expected more of a discursive sides rather than petty insults.....

Edited by Graeme

I happen to think that was probably the most intense version of November Rain we have heard.. Robins solo was awesome.. I really liked it.

Shame you didn't.

Shame indeed...... I guess it's just hard to accept when your favourote part of the song is the one part that get's changed..... But as for the rest of it...... Fucking blew away any other version

People need to get there ass out of the nineties

Explain that? lol... I just find it irritating how Fortus plays his solo better than the original and then Finck plays worse, if he can't think of a better way to play it then he should stick to the original..... Why are those of us who don't like it stuck in the 90s all of a sudden...... this is ONE solo here people......

the solo was prefect the way it was. why should he play a slash solo and live in the shadow of Slash. People complain about nothing "new" being played at the concerts, but when a new solo is played, people say they don't like it and perfer slashes. New GnR ='s new Solo's. if ya don't like it, well I guess that makes Axl Happy cause he doesn't care who he pisses off like he said in Rio right before the Drum Solo

l like finck and his music is good and about the solo l liked it. :)

we need to understand that this band has NEW MEMBERS!!! l love slash but l realized a long time ago that he is gone :drevil:

It has nothing to with Slash. The the music was written in a certain way. You can't go do whatever you want with it

What's next? Is Fink gonna change the intro of SCOM because he doesn't want to be in the shadow of Slash?

Why should Fink play the solos like slash did?......He's not Slash...and he doesn't try to be one!

and in case you haven't noticed.....no other solo is played exactly the way Slash did!

That's what's exiting about this band....They put their own twist in to old songs!

I love Finck, but I still prefer the original solo by Slash. Robin's solo ain't bad, it just sounds like he's missing a few notes in one section after he hits the high note and goes for the even higher note after that. It should sound a little smoother. I always thought he screwed up that bit or something, but he always plays it the same and I believe it's actually intended on his part. It's a shame because if it flowed better I would like it as much as Slash's.

Edited by bluesy

I happen to think that was probably the most intense version of November Rain we have heard.. Robins solo was awesome.. I really liked it.

Shame you didn't.

Shame indeed...... I guess it's just hard to accept when your favourote part of the song is the one part that get's changed..... But as for the rest of it...... Fucking blew away any other version

I have to agree with you on this one

That solo, though the longer one is more famous and highly praised, is simply gorgeous. It really is a shame to hear the song without it.

Why should Fink play the solos like slash did?......He's not Slash...and he doesn't try to be one!

and in case you haven't noticed.....no other solo is played exactly the way Slash did!

That's what's exiting about this band....They put their own twist in to old songs!

Did I say I wanted Finck to be like Slash? No! I said I didn't like Finck's interpretation because it sounds like a squeaky, mistake ridden mess... Seriously anyone listening to it (unless you are a truly die-hard finck fan) would think the same......So if he can't put his own spin on it which sounds nice then at least play it the way it was written. By all means if he can find a better way to play it then let him go ahead but it just seems horrible because the solol which was there before was so beautiful......DON'T misquote me on this...... and thanks for agreeing all of you who have done so..... for those who haven't... thanks for your opinions so far.... Keep on Rockin' G