Fortus/Finck Beautiful

DaneisKing1389

quite enjoyed that

although i did think in parts it was going to end with them kissing each other

If the teen fans keep on saying that they're great, they will kiss each other (and maybe more) before the end of the tour.

i always knew you got into watching dudes kiss. Dude, this is a GNR board, not a place to talk about your homoerotic fantasies. Kindly take your pervsions elsewhere!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quite enjoyed that

If the teen fans keep on saying that they're great, they will kiss each other (and maybe more) before the end of the tour.

i always knew you got into watching dudes kiss. Dude, this is a GNR board, not a place to talk about your homoerotic fantasies. Kindly take your pervsions elsewhere!

The VR section would be a good place to start... :drevil:

(someone had to say it before funral said it first)

:edit: thanks A_D for the songs yesterday, I didnt have them! :)

Edited by Charles Manson

i mean, let us be honest guys....i think everyone of us is fuckin impressed by the coverintros at the uyi-tour....the godfather theme, mother by pink floyd, only women bleed by alice cooper....so awesome :o ....but the finck and fortus stuff is boring....they try to put so much emotion in it (especially finck) and it sounds non-convincing (i don't wanna mention their mistakes in playing these stuff :P )

quite enjoyed that

Gayest post ever!

I think you are having gayboy dreams with GNR.

i mean, let us be honest guys....i think everyone of us is fuckin impressed by the coverintros at the uyi-tour....the godfather theme, mother by pink floyd, only women bleed by alice cooper....so awesome :o ....but the finck and fortus stuff is boring....they try to put so much emotion in it (especially finck) and it sounds non-convincing (i don't wanna mention their mistakes in playing these stuff :P )

There's that "emotion" thing again. Everyone ripped on Buckethead for not showing any "emotion". Now Finck and Fortus put too much "emotion" into playing. Just what does "emotion" have to do with anything? Facial expressions? I hate to think that's what people use to judge a good guitarist.

Finck and Fortus are possibly the most powerful guitar duo in rock today. Name another one that comes close. Hetfield/Hammett? Maybe. And yeah, if you would, go ahead and mention their "mistakes" in playing their stuff.

I see a lot of people hammering Finck for "messing up" the November Rain solo...but he plays it the same in almost every show. Sounds to me that's how he likes to play it. If you don't like it, that doesn't mean he's "fucking up" or is a terrible guitarist.

Anyway...I don't know where I'm going with this, and I still have too much blood in my alcohol. I'm out! :)

i mean, let us be honest guys....i think everyone of us is fuckin impressed by the coverintros at the uyi-tour....the godfather theme, mother by pink floyd, only women bleed by alice cooper....so awesome :o ....but the finck and fortus stuff is boring....

To me it looks like the 3 new guitarists are not even fan of guns n' roses........ :(

quite enjoyed that

The VR section would be a good place to start... :drevil:

(someone had to say it before funral said it first)

:edit: thanks A_D for the songs yesterday, I didnt have them! :)

ho ho!

this ones a funny one! I'm still laughin, no wait..the opposite of laughter...indifference...I'm indifferent after that joke, :monkey:

sorry

To me, Axl couldn't have picked better guitarists to carry on the GN'R name (except for Slash and Izzy/Gilby of vourse, but that'll never happen). I personally like Fortus and Finck... I've liked Finck since the beginning. His look fits GN'R better now, instead of some Hot Topic worker. They sounded good to me.

Edited by DaneisKing1389

To me, Axl couldn't have picked better guitarists to carry on the GN'R name (except for Slash and Izzy/Gilby of vourse, but that'll never happen). I

Why not?

I think it will happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah, that's in the past, they've all moved on and are never coming back. Not that Axl would want to work with them again anyways.

There's that "emotion" thing again. Everyone ripped on Buckethead for not showing any "emotion". Now Finck and Fortus put too much "emotion" into playing. Just what does "emotion" have to do with anything? Facial expressions? I hate to think that's what people use to judge a good guitarist.

Finck and Fortus are possibly the most powerful guitar duo in rock today. Name another one that comes close. Hetfield/Hammett? Maybe. And yeah, if you would, go ahead and mention their "mistakes" in playing their stuff.

I see a lot of people hammering Finck for "messing up" the November Rain solo...but he plays it the same in almost every show. Sounds to me that's how he likes to play it. If you don't like it, that doesn't mean he's "fucking up" or is a terrible guitarist.

It's a shame that 50% of the people here can't work this out in their thick heads.

It's also a shame that people over analyze EVERYTHING on this forum, which in turn defeats the desired point, and purpose.

I'm sure being there is an entirely different perspective. But you gotta admit that was a ton of solos in between songs.

yeah the times they are a..changing... 2006 and u guys r talking about GN'R+ Christina Aguilera :(

I felt embarassed when I listened to that in Madrid.

Well, that's not so much the issue though. I happen to think it's a great song, but had that been the only guitar solo in the show it would've been cooler.

But every 3 or 4 songs there was another solo, and another, and another... that started to get old. What does the crowd get out of it? they were just waiting for each solo to be over.

ah no. Live and Let Die is good and no member of Wings was ever in the Mickey Mouse Club. Which incidentially should be the name for this new band

These guys wouldn't have made the audition for the MMC. Maybe Bucket...

Besides, I don't see what the big deal is, they were already doing an X-tina song in one of their own before Fighter...

Edited by moreblack

This solo could have passed if it didn't actually take as long as it did, so it was not hard to have it pass from bluesy into boring... as all the other guitar solos that were performed.

The drum solo and the piano solo were in fact great, the drum one was short enough to have the folks enjoy, and the piano was a heavy saloon joy... you could almost imagine a liquor bottle and swallow it up straight while listening...

But the guitars were all but a pain... this one in particular was the worse, not because of the aguilera choise but because it took too darn long.

The bomblewhatever guitar is a joke with those stupid wings coming off when he uses the wammy bar, and he flooded the people with harmonics and out of context speed, too much technic so little feeling up untill the end where he finally showed some touch on his small interpretation of Don't Cry, but he can owe that to the music itself rather than his shredding abilities because they were not required.

Then there is this John Lennon alike fellow that really puted all the felling in his solo with various joint strings harmonies which were in fact great if they evolved into something more solid... but since they didn't seem to go anywhere he took the wise decision of starting SCOM before we all went to sleep...

All in all the guitar players are good performers, all with their different styles, ones too soft others too agressive, rockers no doubt but none as balanced as Slash.

Sometimes you get the feeling they are there borrowed and that is really a bad feeling...

Though I can't understand the whole idea of the John Lennon (don't know his name really) guy looks, I liked him a lot, not too fast guitar player but he showed feeling, at a point he even tryed to jump a lateral fence to compliment the crowd that could salute Axl earlier, and on Nightrain he went though the front crowd guter, I am not sure but I believe I saw that guy fall while he was trying to run there... he showed more attitude than the rest of the bunch and that deserves some admiration...

Axl is getting old fast, and he no longer shows that rebel attitude no more, unfortunatly.

He still runs and all but life is as it is and you can feel and see on his face that the guy needs to rest and that he can not keep up with the burden....

That's why there is the need to have so much soloing...