Ron Thal,best heavy metal/hard rock guitarist..ever?

Gallagher Rose

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The same site has Scott way ahead of Axl in the frontmen list...so it's not very credible.

:blink:

Yeah...I think I agree.

Of course, I don't think I've ever seen a "greatest" list that I agreed with.

Edited by teknophyle83

The same site has Scott way ahead of Axl in the frontmen list...so it's not very credible.

:blink:

Yeah...I think I agree.

Of course, I don't think I've ever seen a "greatest" list that I agreed with.

how could a list of opinions be credible? it's obviously all subjective. however, if you haven't heard half the people in this list obviously the people who came up with it know more about music than you.

besides as far as versatility and speed go, slash should be about halfway down the list.

would you like to disagree with their #1 solo of all time, comfortably numb?

What a stupid fucking list. Bumblefoot No 1. Kirk Hamett no 68. Slash 42. Who ever feeds into this is ignorant as hell. No jimmy page no nothing.

oh shit.............How can there be better Guitar players that Slash? :o

:lol:

There aren't any better guitar players than Slash...sheesh... :rolleyes:

What a stupid fucking list. Bumblefoot No 1. Kirk Hamett no 68. Slash 42. Who ever feeds into this is ignorant as hell. No jimmy page no nothing.

I see axl's below scott

still love your list

oh shit............How can there be better singer than Axl :0

I see axl's below scott

still love your list

oh shit............How can there be better singer than Axl :0

OOF! that's gotta sting...

Thal, Bucket and Slash are all great guitarists. Probably rated fairly on that list.

But in terms of who's had the biggest impact on Guns N' Roses?... haha, it's not even close. Slash, then daylight.

the point you don't understand is, that does not matter. Slash has been out of the band for 10 years. He chose to leave and Robin Finck replaced him, and he and Fortus and Thal are the guitarists for Guns N' Roses now and Slash no longer fits into the equation. If you want to talk about how great Slash is, go do it somewhere else.

The problem with these lists is that they don't take songwriting into account. Bucket and Bumble are great technical players but nobody will be listening to their music in 20 years. People will still be listening to Welcome to The Jungle and Whole Lotta Love though.

Edited by Matty Boy

Slash has been out of the band for 10 years.

Thanks for the news! How it's at all relevant to my post, I have no idea, but thanks anyway!

your post is not relevant to this forum. Follow the guy with the mullet and check out the VR section if you want to talk about $lash.

Slash had been brought into the discussion long before I turned up. :unsure:

Why must you always try and hijack threads with your anti-slash agenda. :(

I think I'm gonna have to follow your lead and report this to the admins. :)

lol go for it. This thread is about Ron Thal, not Slash. And I'm not stooping to your level of insults, and I don't have a hidden agenda/bias against the band. Good luck with that :rofl-lol:

lol go for it. This thread is about Ron Thal, not Slash. And I'm not stooping to your level of insults, and I don't have a hidden agenda/bias against the band. Good luck with that :rofl-lol:

heh, I'm pretty sure he can prove otherwise

You forgot about Buckethead.... :D

Until Chinese Democracy comes out Slash is going to be mentioned in any thread about GnR's guitarists. These guitar players are all covering Slash's and Izzy's work. Once the album comes out people will be more able to accept Finck, Fortus, and Thal as GnR's new guitar players.

The thing is, if he's so good, how come no ones ever heard of the great BUMBLEFOOT!?

Cuz just like someone else said, he's pretty much always played by his own rules - and it was never a goal of his to be the most famous, nor the greatest guitarist (metal or otherwise) in the world. Go to any guitar forums that know of him and ask who the best guitar guy they know is. I think you'll be surprised. What he's doing with gnr is nothing about what Bumblefoot is about. He's in the group 2 weeks, it ain't his music, and, I'm sure he's got to take a lot of direction as to what to play. If you want to pass judgements on the guy - buy the cd "hands", or "normal", or "uncool" or all three - listen to them for a week - then come back and talk. Do yourselves a favor and stop making statements about someone you know absolutely nothing about. you'll be looking back in a few years and saying, "damn! what an idiot i was." trust me.

I mean he is the biased one here. I support this band 100%.

I dont know.. Considering the length of time Slash has been out of the band, he's not relevant to the discussion about GNR anymore. All bringing Slash into this does is cause the old vs new comparisons which really sucks. Guns N' Roses has nothing to do with Slash now, if I want to talk about Slash I will go to the VR section and do that, or the original gnr section.

His ability to create signature music is certainly something Slash should be proud of.

What does Slash have to do with this?

I mean he is the biased one here. I support this band 100%.

I dont know.. Considering the length of time Slash has been out of the band, he's not relevant to the discussion about GNR anymore. All bringing Slash into this does is cause the old vs new comparisons which really sucks. Guns N' Roses has nothing to do with Slash now, if I want to talk about Slash I will go to the VR section and do that, or the original gnr section.

His ability to create signature music is certainly something Slash should be proud of.

What does Slash have to do with this?

if slash had nothing to do with this it would be in the My World section :D seeing as he made alot of the music Ron's playing, anyway, RON FCKN ROCKS! :lol:rock4 so does slash, but that was then and this is now~! ALSO THIS IS A BFOOT TOPIC GET OFF THE SLASH STUFF STAY ON TOPIC!

It's very sad to see Axls_Disillusion de-rail yet another thread. :(

It was such a nice, pleasant discussion about three great guitarists too. :no:

dont feed the fire bro! :lol: ,

ON TOPIC:!!

BFoot rocks, loved the Dont Cry bit ;) yet another gnr guitarist inspiring me!!!

Finck is great too tho, the sweeping in Better made me a better guitarist :lol: , didnt really do any until I tried the sweeping parts, tapppa tapppa tapppa,

Opinions? have they inspired you? dont bugger about the list, whats done is done, we can always make a mygnr guitarist list.