How did Axl screw up Silkworms so badly?

OTHAFA

Read the lyrics for this song. It's just a totally awesome, raw, gritty, in your face classic GnR tune.

Listen motherfuckers, to this song that should be heard

Thrown down in the gutter

It's more than you deserve

Kneeling fucking banshee

You know that's what you are

Pussy full of maggots

Isn't that a shock

What can I do with a bitch like you?

You know that it's true

All I have I ask of you

I'll be dammed

If it's not true

A bitch like you

Get your head down in the sky

Fucking little schemer got yourself a broken heart

Syphilitic preachers, baby

I know who you are

Parasitic demons sucking acid through your heart

Oh what can I do with a bitch like you?

You know that it's true

All I have I ask of you

I'll be dammed

If it's not true

A bitch like you

----

But then you hear the song and you realize how Axl's new hard-on for industrial music has ruined it.

IMO, this song could have been nu-GNR's "It's So Easy", just a raw and in your face rocker. But all the song is at this point is great lyrics with lame industrial synth effects all over the place, and some shitty effects on Axl's voice that nearly drowns him out.

Axl's creativity as a song writer has never been an issue, but this song really illustrates how much GnR misses Slash and Izzy. This is a song that should have been a classic, but will now be (and already is) completely forgotton.

Read the lyrics for this song. It's just a totally awesome, raw, gritty, in your face classic GnR tune.

Listen motherfuckers, to this song that should be heard

Thrown down in the gutter

It's more than you deserve

Kneeling fucking banshee

You know that's what you are

Pussy full of maggots

Isn't that a shock

What can I do with a bitch like you?

You know that it's true

All I have I ask of you

I'll be dammed

If it's not true

A bitch like you

Get your head down in the sky

Fucking little schemer got yourself a broken heart

Syphilitic preachers, baby

I know who you are

Parasitic demons sucking acid through your heart

Oh what can I do with a bitch like you?

You know that it's true

All I have I ask of you

I'll be dammed

If it's not true

A bitch like you

----

But then you hear the song and you realize how Axl's new hard-on for industrial music has ruined it.

IMO, this song could have been nu-GNR's "It's So Easy", just a raw and in your face rocker. But all the song is at this point is great lyrics with lame industrial synth effects all over the place, and some shitty effects on Axl's voice that nearly drowns him out.

Axl's creativity as a song writer has never been an issue, but this song really illustrates how much GnR misses Slash and Izzy. This is a song that should have been a classic, but will now be (and already is) completely forgotton.

You know,it's not very often that I agree with you but I 100% agree with you on this. Those lyrics could be used for something real great.

I wouldn't mind seeing that song completely revamped(instrumental)come out in the future. Hard rockin' with some of what the new band has to offer (ie Better)

Axl didn't write it....

R.

Or did he... the lyrics probably, but not the music...

Exactly what I'm thinking. Axl said the song was done by Dizzy and Pittman. Just like Better is a Robin song..Well I doubt Robin wrote the words.

You know,it's not very often that I agree with you but I 100% agree with you on this. Those lyrics could be used for something real great.

I wouldn't mind seeing that song completely revamped(instrumental)come out in the future. Hard rockin' with some of what the new band has to offer (ie Better)

I 100% agree!

I think the song rocks, I can't wait to hear a studio version.

i never thought, u, AXLS FUCKIN DISILLUSION, wud say that u FUCKER :fuckyou:

back on the topic, agree with all that was said...it could be a MUCH BETTER song.

Awful lyrics, awful song. I'm sure this is one travesty that Dizzy and Pittman would like to put behind them.

It doesn't have that sleazy trashy charm of songs like Back off Bitch and Its so Easy, the lyrics are just shit.

Sounds like the lyrics of some whiny screamo nu-metal band, don't it?

Awful lyrics, awful song. I'm sure this is one travesty that Dizzy and Pittman would like to put behind them.

It doesn't have that sleazy trashy charm of songs like Back off Bitch and Its so Easy, the lyrics are just shit.

Pretty much, yeah.

Exactly...the lyrics are lame instead of being edgy like "It's so Easy"....they don't really fit the vibe of guns n roses....more like something Fred Durst would write....its even worse than my world.... :monkey:

I don't think Axl screwed it up, he just probably realised that nobody likes it! At the end of the day it's an experiment gone wrong, like Rhiad! Better and Twat are miles better than this shit, just like the rest of the new stuff!

Crap song, terrible lyrics.

Luckely I don´t think that it will be on any GN´R record. :book:

I don't think Axl screwed it up, he just probably realised that nobody likes it! At the end of the day it's an experiment gone wrong, like Rhiad! Better and Twat are miles better than this shit, just like the rest of the new stuff!

Yup at least he left it behind!