100 best list are poitntless

castaneda

100 best whatever. No one is better than the next.(and the idiots who do not know what jimmy page contributed are a shame ) Art is subjective not objective . There is no best ,no greatest. I remember when Rolling Stone there did there best guitatist list and Slash was not even on it. Art at its best is influencial. So the question is who is the most influencial . Influence is like a spider web, completely connected ,you cannot have one without the other,so to say this guy is better than the other is like comparing Romans to Greeks, they both influenced the world .GNR stand as one of the greatest infuences of all time . Paul McGuiness,the manager of U2,once said that GNR would be the biggest band in the world.(he said this in 87)The piont of this is made on those who understand the rest can fuck off

Edited by castaneda

ok, then go listen to 50 cent and britney spears, did you see all their clones? THEY MUST KICK ASS!

it says very clearly on the top of the page: This list is compiled of how the artist is: creative, versatile,

technical skill, discipline and technique, not based on popularity.

the list doesn't have that much to do with opinion, just the knowledge and performance of musical theory.

Edited by quadlaser

I will listen to 50 cent . He has lived more life in one year than you will in 10 years . Axl has been influenced by NWA and the CHili Peppers, the best touring rock band right now have been inlfuenced by rap too. Artists live life it doesnt matter to another artist if that person uses hip hop to expresss them selves. What do you use to express yourself your fucking hand. Loser.

they influenced the clones genius

I got that part but it still makes no sense, cause what are you really saying? That since there are "clones" that suck the guy´s post is untrue? I think he has a good point.

And by the way, get of your high horse, there´s no need to start bashing people.

Edited by Lukinx

if art is measured by influence, undiscovered artists are left in the dust. you could be the most phenomonal band, but it doesn't matter how good your material is when a record company doesn't sign you and instead looks over to these clones of shit, because he knows there's a profit there. it's called bottom line, and it's what the stockholders demand. this is the problem with publicly owned record companies and it's why so many independant lables are popping up.

nowadays influence is more about the look than the music, fuck that. jessica simpson inspires more people than buckethead, does that make her better?

i'd say art at its best is not influence, art at its best is enjoyed :)

Edited by quadlaser

100 best whatever. No one is better than the next.(and the idiots who do not know what jimmy page contributed are a shame ) Art is subjective not objective . There is no best ,no greatest. I remember when Rolling Stone there did there best guitatist list and Slash was not even on it. Art at its best is influencial. So the question is who is the most influencial . Influence is like a spider web, completely connected ,you cannot have one without the other,so to say this guy is better than the other is like comparing Romans to Greeks, they both influenced the world .GNR stand as one of the greatest infuences of all time . Paul McGuiness,the manager of U2,once said that GNR would be the biggest band in the world.(he said this in 87)The piont of this is made on those who understand the rest can fuck off

Exactly! Couldn't agree more.

ok, then go listen to 50 cent and britney spears, did you see all their clones? THEY MUST KICK ASS!

Some people actually think so, most people on this forum dont. Its a matter of taste and opinion, and those artists apeal to the people who can relate to their music.