born in the wrong generation?

metalgroupie

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's about time some sense has gotten into this thread.

I personally don't think I should say much for my opinion

everyone interprets(sp?) it wrong.

But really, just go for it and do your own thing.

no dude, say what ur thinkin :):):) i agree how u put it in ur post where ur like u think it kicked ass but like...my response is more relative to people who seemed to be saying in a roundabout way that the stuff today should not exist n we should just be knee deep in the same stuffs forever, its not like u shouldn't dig what u dig. just as time passes u gotta dig deeper, thats all. in many ways i agree with u, they were great, still are but its mostly other posters who hear the klaxon call to immediatly rush out n shit on hip hop n all other music cept metal, like its fucking imperial n i dont ANYTHING is deserved of that kinda respect cuz as soon as it gets there, u blind urself to the shortcomings that exist in everything on this earth, nothing is infalliable, get what i mean kinda or am i waffling? in my own way, im kinda guilty of a form of snobbery where...sometimes, i get the feeling im almost looking down on certain types of art when thats jus ridiculous cuz its all there for our entertainment n the whole thing jus goes against my philosophy that u said never EVER under any circumstances limit urself or close ur mind to ANY kind of possibility of anything cuz we're only alive for so long. i totally dig what ur sayin though!!

Edited by marina

Well I've pretty already much said stuff...and it all came out

wrong too, I just don't care if it's up so I don't delete it.

Like I would get out and do my own thing, for the sake of

rock, (this is even confuzing me hahah) but...this town isn't

to much for that...except during the sturgis biker rally...

Plus with strict as hell parents and all, even tho they

were both partiers in the 70/80's.

But I'm not sure if i would want to "live" in the 80's like, move

to them tomoro, after everything i've seen. But going

back for like a trip during the summer to get some

concerts in would kick azz...haha this sound weird :P

But that's impossible because there are no time machines...yet haha.

So, I guess I'm fine with today, i just prefer the 80's

And if anyone wants to fight with what i've said, please no oh fuck you are a

little hooray for tolerance! stop wining and complaining and all that shit.

It's about time some sense has gotten into this thread.

I personally don't think I should say much for my opinion

everyone interprets(sp?) it wrong.

But really, just go for it and do your own thing.

no dude, say what ur thinkin :):):) i agree how u put it in ur post where ur like u think it kicked ass but like...my response is more relative to people who seemed to be saying in a roundabout way that the stuff today should not exist n we should just be knee deep in the same stuffs forever, its not like u shouldn't dig what u dig. just as time passes u gotta dig deeper, thats all. in many ways i agree with u, they were great, still are but its mostly other posters who hear the klaxon call to immediatly rush out n shit on hip hop n all other music cept metal, like its fucking imperial n i dont ANYTHING is deserved of that kinda respect cuz as soon as it gets there, u blind urself to the shortcomings that exist in everything on this earth, nothing is infalliable, get what i mean kinda or am i waffling? in my own way, im kinda guilty of a form of snobbery where...sometimes, i get the feeling im almost looking down on certain types of art when thats jus ridiculous cuz its all there for our entertainment n the whole thing jus goes against my philosophy that u said never EVER under any circumstances limit urself or close ur mind to ANY kind of possibility of anything cuz we're only alive for so long. i totally dig what ur sayin though!!

I dig what ur saying too (and might i add that is pretty deep stuff haha)

Yea, i guess i'm pretty much guilty of snobbish behavior on this thread. But, hey now i've been more somewhat calm lately, i'm open to all opinions, and i usually have something to say back.

Guest Sweet_Emotion

well, i listen to alot of different styles of music and i dont really wish i was bron in any other generationcos that way all that music is already made for me and i wouldnt have to wait for it to eventually come out. :D

well..you cant really say that you know the 70's, or 80's....

your not getting the whole picture from just movies and music...

a good point...

the way they show sex in movies...is not they way it really is...only a glimpse... ;)

maybe thats a bad metaphor...I dont know..

Its nice to dream..and think of what you missed...

but..instead of doing that..try to look around you know..instead of trying to live in the past..

I hope you dont think you can acutally go back to a time of your choice....

The music..you listen to now..

that being classic..

who knows if it would affect you the same way it does now...if you were back then...

and...it if were popular as it was back then...

would it be as specail as it is now...

and I leave you with this...

There are no time machines...

J.Walker

I completley agree with all of that. The music/ bands I listen to make the 80's seem like a dream world, and it does kinda get me down when I wonder why I couldn't be a part of it, but then I think, would I really want cassette tapes instead of an iPod :P ? I mean think of all the technology we have today. Our generation is experiencing so much that people back then didn't even know about. So the 80's probably wasn't just a bunch of rock n' roll...that's just what our music makes it seem like.

It still would be pretty awsome though rock3

Okay...let the senior citizen in...as someone who was born in 19*cough*69, I loved growing up and experiencing the metal movement as it happened (having older cousins with awesome taste in music helped). The first albums (that's right, albums) that I bought were Led Zeppelin's Song Remains the Same and Black Sabbath's Paranoid. I got to experience some great heavy rock and survived the "hair" generation...I also remember hanging in the clubs and hearing AFD for the first time and buying it on cassette because CD's were like $26....and I love that I'm still young enough (at least I'd like to believe so) to experience GNR again, and the great bands that are out today. Ironically, I used to wish that I was a teenager in the 60's so that I could have experienced Woodstock, Jimi Hendrix, the Doors...my point is, and I think I do have one, is that are we ever happy with where we are, isn't there always something we wish we hadn't missed out on?